Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mesheef
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Storage issues.... still... (not again, I mean still, because SE hasn't done much)

I am sure that this has been posted numerous times, hell I bet there is even a response to it somewhere. However, i don't feel like the issue has been attended to properly by SE. Therefore I am hoping that the community can come together and stand ground about something. (most likely instead of banding together people would rather degrade the topic or my words/ideas)

I saw in the past about the storage slips for moogles to become key items,
    Fantastic idea if you ask me.

How about something to store all this new delve gear/weapons?

What about some place to store bayld gear?

Storage slips need to be adjusted, more specifically the relic +2 storage,
    yeah I know been addressed probably 100+ times. But seriously, some of the relic +2 is great but the augments are trash, great example, rdm hands +2, the hands themselves are great but the aug, not so much, so now I get to go around less invent space because I need the stats or the +2 but not about to waste the time getting 20k exp on bad augments when I have 18 more jobs I need gear/invent for.

Some of us don't buy extra characters, (personally why do that if you have to spend more money, gil and more time working on a second character? Thats my personal opinion and it will never change.)

Maybe some NPC to store the massive quantities of ammo I have for bst, rng, cor? Those dispensable items really take up a lot of space if you would like to have your jobs at the ready, due to the more jobs you have the less likely you know what job you will be going beforehand.

I am sure there are many more issues, and even better ideas. I either can't think of them at the moment or just have completely not noticed it.

Anyway throw out your ideas. Lets get some attention on this and get a decent response from SE.
    (9)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Belphantom View Post
    I am sure that this has been posted numerous times, hell I bet there is even a response to it somewhere. However, i don't feel like the issue has been attended to properly by SE. Therefore I am hoping that the community can come together and stand ground about something. (most likely instead of banding together people would rather degrade the topic or my words/ideas)

I saw in the past about the storage slips for moogles to become key items,
    Fantastic idea if you ask me.

How about something to store all this new delve gear/weapons?

What about some place to store bayld gear?

yeah I know been addressed probably 100+ times. But seriously, some of the relic +2 is great but the augments are trash, great example, rdm hands +2, the hands themselves are great but the aug, not so much, so now I get to go around less invent space because I need the stats or the +2 but not about to waste the time getting 20k exp on bad augments when I have 18 more jobs I need gear/invent for.

Some of us don't buy extra characters, (personally why do that if you have to spend more money, gil and more time working on a second character? Thats my personal opinion and it will never change.)

Maybe some NPC to store the massive quantities of ammo I have for bst, rng, cor? Those dispensable items really take up a lot of space if you would like to have your jobs at the ready, due to the more jobs you have the less likely you know what job you will be going beforehand.

I am sure there are many more issues, and even better ideas. I either can't think of them at the moment or just have completely not noticed it.

Anyway throw out your ideas. Lets get some attention on this and get a decent response from SE.
    WOuldn't it be nice if the next time they were thinking about working on a silly event that rewards people with a funny hat, or planning to build an island where people could harvest and farm and fish instead of using existing areas, or a bunch of gear that will be outclassed into oblivion in like two weeks anyways...

Wouldn't it be nice if they just worked on something like storage instead? Wouldn't it?

I personally would have gladly paid $30 for a real, robust storage system rather than this crappy expansion that only caters to people who play with big groups of friends. Get it through your heads devs. These people always finish it a million times faster than you meant for them to finish it, they are always bored because nothing is a challenge and every time you try to build something that they won't blaze through, you inevitably screw everyone else.

Do something that will actually benefit everyone for a change. Not something that people could do if they felt up to it, and they had 20 friends, or a bunch of special gear, or a certain job of the week leveled, or a certain weapon or a certain skill, or a certain merit. Something that benefits everyone.

Build out a real storage system for the love of god.
    (12)

Character
    Valflux
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    WOuldn't it be nice if the next time they were thinking about working on a silly event that rewards people with a funny hat, or planning to build an island where people could harvest and farm and fish instead of using existing areas, or a bunch of gear that will be outclassed into oblivion in like two weeks anyways...

Wouldn't it be nice if they just worked on something like storage instead? Wouldn't it?

I personally would have gladly paid $30 for a real, robust storage system rather than this crappy expansion that only caters to people who play with big groups of friends. Get it through your heads devs. These people always finish it a million times faster than you meant for them to finish it, they are always bored because nothing is a challenge and every time you try to build something that they won't blaze through, you inevitably screw everyone else.

Do something that will actually benefit everyone for a change. Not something that people could do if they felt up to it, and they had 20 friends, or a bunch of special gear, or a certain job of the week leveled, or a certain weapon or a certain skill, or a certain merit. Something that benefits everyone.

Build out a real storage system for the love of god.
    ::wipes tear:: That was beautiful. Thank you.
    (3)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    The item storage and retrieval system is probably unable to store two items with the same ID, so you can either store it with augment, or without it, which leaves us with the current implementation. If you don't want to do the +2 aug trials but still want to store them, don't upgrade them to +2. If all you want is stats, there's likely better stuff already available or coming up in future Adoulin updates.

And who knows, maybe SE will make trials for +3 versions , which require the augmented +2, so all jobs have relic on par with GEO/RUN AAF. Those could then be stored, and you would have a reason to do the 20k exp trials.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kristal; 07-15-2013 at 05:29 PM.
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    And who knows, maybe SE will make trials for +3 versions , which require the augmented +2, so all jobs have relic on par with GEO/RUN AAF. Those could then be stored, and you would have a reason to do the 20k exp trials.
    which even the runes/geos will already be past since the job will be over half a year old by then...
    (1)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It's one of those cases where the system is definitely showing it's age. Generic stuff like ammo? That could actually use a system similar to the seal-exhange system. Put an armory somewhere that you can trade in pouches/quivers to an NPC to offload later. It's the one big flaw in the job-switch system...the tremendous appetite for gear space it generates.
    (1)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Mesheef
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The item storage and retrieval system is probably unable to store two items with the same ID, so you can either store it with augment, or without it, which leaves us with the current implementation. If you don't want to do the +2 aug trials but still want to store them, don't upgrade them to +2. If all you want is stats, there's likely better stuff already available or coming up in future Adoulin updates.

Sadly enough we don't even get that much of an option, can't store the non-aug gear at all
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Sadly enough we don't even get that much of an option, can't store the non-aug gear at all
    Assume the system cannot handle storing/retrieving two items with the same ID, so you can either store the non-aug +2 or the aug +2. Which would you store? If you only allow non-augs, eventually there will be nothing left to store as all items get augmented, rendering the storage slip useless and requiring +100 inventory. If you only allow augs, eventually ALL items will be stored.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I can understand you want both non-aug and aug to be stored, but it's probably too much work, or downright impossible, to fix the system now, for what is essentially player laziness.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Assume the system cannot handle storing/retrieving two items with the same ID, so you can either store the non-aug +2 or the aug +2. Which would you store? If you only allow non-augs, eventually there will be nothing left to store as all items get augmented, rendering the storage slip useless and requiring +100 inventory. If you only allow augs, eventually ALL items will be stored.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I can understand you want both non-aug and aug to be stored, but it's probably too much work, or downright impossible, to fix the system now, for what is essentially player laziness.
    Except most of the augments suck, so most people will not augment them. Is 2 slips, one for augmented and one for non augmented really too much to ask? Or how about an overhaul?

This game keeps adding more and more collectible crap and the only solution is Mule accounts? How about at least allowing us to log in on more than one character to make the movement of gear between these accounts less tedious. Even if it's only in a designated "Lag Free" Zone where people are automatically kicked if thy afk for more than 5 minutes.
    (2)

Greetings,

With the influx of so many brand-new items, the development team is well aware of your inventory woes and they are currently looking into expanding the space.

However, due to the fact that both Gobbiebag and Mog Safe data are constantly on your character, simply expanding inventory size would affect loading times when changing zones, so they are looking into this very carefully.

Additionally, they are also looking into a new item storage feature, which is separate from your Gobbiebag and Mog Safe and will hold a large amount of items in exchange for not being able to check it constantly while you are out adventuring. As this involves implementing a totally new system, it will take some time to get this ready, but we will first be looking into the Gobbiebag expansion that we can implement somewhat quicker.
    (44)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast