Player

Can FFXI & FFXIV not conflicting?

(I'm making similar thread on Lodestone forum, to see if many players felt similar problems as well)

I'm writing this because I find that almost every event/schedule in XI always happens on most or same length time as event/schedule in XIV. Since both games are under same company, can each makes schedule that's not conflicting each other?

Example are the Exp campaign in XI which I think I missed it twice. Or this upcoming Repeat Login Campaign which conflicts on XIV next beta schedule.

Reason is because this is not happening like once, twice, or several times. This has occured more often which becomes quite annoying. Can't people enjoy both games and avoid having to choose 1 each time this happened?
    (2)
    Last edited by BobbinT; 07-09-2013 at 02:14 PM.

Player
    Logging in shouldn't be much of an issue, log in and log out, what most of the community seems to do now days anyways. But I do agree with you.
    (4)

Character
    Risotto
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm hoping they'll plan to do this once FFXIV is fully released.
    (1)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This is most likely done deliberately to keep interest in one while the other is going. Marketing etc. Just look for what they're doing with Abyssea next month: it coincides with the month XIV: ARR is launching. It'd designed to keep people playing both.

The exp campaign is more of a yearly celebration for the month XI launched (May) so that doesn't exactly follow the norm.
    (0)

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'm not sure what you're asking for here? FFXIV is a totally different game, and there's already enough for them to worry (other games launching, ability for them to beta test on the best days ect.) than check in with XI, where only a small amount of the XI+XIV players are. Most have just gone XIV or will be come launch. (I know I will)
    (0)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    He wants to not have to juggle both games at the same time, i.e. only keep an active sub when good things are happening.

But it's planned specifically to prevent this, so I doubt it XD
    (0)

Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    While I'm not sure what the issue is with the Repeat Login Campaign (it doesn't take long to log in once a day), I understand the OP's annoyance with the Double EXP campaign. They all coincided with weekends when the FFXIV Beta servers were open, so you had to choose between playing FFXI for the double EXP, or playing FFXIV during one of the limited times when you could.

I agree that, in the future, these events should be scheduled so they don't overlap with each other. I doubt many people are going to maintain both accounts, but for those that do, it's a fairly painless thing to keep in mind.
    (2)

Player
    Haha...

As I realized this on the other topic I made, login campaign clearly was a bad example of what I'm trying to convey.
    On the other hand, the XP campaign is dead on of what I'm talking about.

It is too bad that on the XIV forum side that most ppl there prefer to just play 1 game. Surprisingly responses here are quite positive.

The other reason for this thread because me myself are FF-fan for long time, and I don't want to miss the experience from both games if it's possible. Heck... I don't even want to miss any of the series.

I do realize that 1 MMO can already become quite overwhelming experience on my part. But... if I can enjoy both series, then why can't I? Just wanna make sure that SE as the flag banner for both titles should have made better scheduling that didn't conflict each other.

Again, thank you for the warm responses here. ^^
    (0)

Player
    While I feel for you, I am gonna have to throw in and agree that they are two seperate games if you can't manage two different games pick the one you like the most when it comes to events. otherwise juggle em like you normally do. I have a hard time maintaining any sort of schedule when I am actively trying to play 2 diff mmo's (it's one of the reasons why I only play one at a time)
    (0)

Player
    guess as lthe old saying does: Monogamy is a tricky concept. XD
    (0)