Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Thankfully, so far as my RDM is concerned at least, we have some space recovered by these new, yet insane, items.

My Enfeebling Head of choice.

My KoR/Req Head of choice.

My CDC Head of choice.

My Nuking Head of choice.

All easily summed up in this single piece.

I am not positive about nuking, but I am fairly sure with the update that the 24INT with the Magic Damage should put it above Nares, which so far as I know was the best till now. All in all, this piece saved me a ton of space, the Hands did the same for me as well.
    now you have to decide what to do with all the old gear? do you just toss it?
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Amenian
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Nowadays there are gear up on AH that is par with the delve weapons if you can cough up the dough. Seeing the R/E/M weapons being kicked in the scrotum by AH weapons is....there are no words...horrible... what are you thinking.

Relic weapons were no walk in the park back in the day (for some of us, still isn't) and i can feel the same for alot of equipment from before. Over the corse of one day, your previous gear and/or weapons becomes outdated by easy-to-get AH equalents. The most frustrated aspect of this is the time spent getting all those "hard-to-get" gear pieces. Gear you were proud of having and using.

Im working for a kenkonken right now for my pup. I know it's shit nowadays compared to delve weapons. One of the few reasons I still play today is because I set up this personal goal for myself. I need this goal for motivation to keep playing.
    Personally, when/if I reach my goal and get my kenkonken, i will take pride in owning it because it took alot of time to get. Long hours in salvage and einherjar. And when I have reached my goal with kenkonken, I don't want to be seen in any easy-to-get, peanut butter, fish stick, leek, onion, cod piece of delve weapon.
    I promise you.
    Devs, I have my eyes on you...
    (5)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Or they could have just created separate items for each upgrade like they did with relics so that there were no augments to erase. Or, in the case of the bayld gear, just remove the augments entirely and up the base stats. They are fixed stats after all. Why not just increase the price 1,000 bayld per piece, increase the base stats, remove the augments entirely and call it a day?

I would trade this entire expansion for a real storage system personally.
    (3)

Ok I just finished the SoA missions last night about 4 hours of running around talking to NPCs getting cutscenes. Now then I remember there use to be fights and stuff you did in story line missions. You can get through the SoA missions so far without a single fight.

Is it me or are putting some kind of boss fights or field NM fights in the SoA missions not in their budget or what.

Getting dissapointed in stuff like this. Now then play the FFXIV beta you have a lot of action in the main quest line, lots of boss type encounters and mobs to kill which some aren't all that easy and require some strategy to beat.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Ok I just finished the SoA missions last night about 4 hours of running around talking to NPCs getting cutscenes. Now then I remember there use to be fights and stuff you did in story line missions. You can get through the SoA missions so far without a single fight.

Is it me or are putting some kind of boss fights or field NM fights in the SoA missions not in their budget or what.

Getting dissapointed in stuff like this. Now then play the FFXIV beta you have a lot of action in the main quest line, lots of boss type encounters and mobs to kill which some aren't all that easy and require some strategy to beat.
    Well, the last expansion had lots of fighting in the missions and according to the last census, less than 10% of players finished it. I'm guessing that they realized that they either needed to add an OMG good piece of gear as a reward or make the missions super easy if they wanted anyone to do a bunch of difficult fights. They probably decided that if they left out both the fights and the rewards, they could spend the time they saved breaking other things.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    now you have to decide what to do with all the old gear? do you just toss it?
    Nope, thankfully I only had Nares from that list, I never got a Salvage group, don't use CDC right now so Maat's was never a priority, and have not killed the Boss for the Hat. I simply kicked 3 things off my todo list and made 3 more spots in my inventory once my RDM is finished, which was at 140 pieces of gear last I checked, though it needs updated now. If I had them, yeah, I would drop them, I doubt they will be updated, so no point in keeping them, except the ones that can be stored like Nares & Morrigan's which will be stored.
    (0)

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Well, the last expansion had lots of fighting in the missions and according to the last census, less than 10% of players finished it. I'm guessing that they realized that they either needed to add an OMG good piece of gear as a reward or make the missions super easy if they wanted anyone to do a bunch of difficult fights. They probably decided that if they left out both the fights and the rewards, they could spend the time they saved breaking other things.
    I'm sure the reason why people didn't finish it was the huge delay between the release of the new missions so people just stopped to care about it. Who wants to waste their time doing 3-4 CSs and 1 BCNM every 6 months? At the end you couldn't even remember the story you started.

PS: Great idea to put once again a Reive in front of the locus needed for a cut scene.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    I'm sure the reason why people didn't finish it was the huge delay between the release of the new missions so people just stopped to care about it. Who wants to waste their time doing 3-4 CSs and 1 BCNM every 6 months? At the end you couldn't even remember the story you started.

PS: Great idea to put once again a Reive in front of the locus needed for a cut scene.
    I also like that some of the missions can't be started until you have done X number of assignments using random numbers of impratures. That way people can't even start them for like 3 weeks after they get the expansion...
    (3)

Player
    what if you guys can view this as some sort of achievement challenges?

I mean, I still want to do relic just for the sake of it. ^^
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by BobbinT View Post
    what if you guys can view this as some sort of achievement challenges?

I mean, I still want to do relic just for the sake of it. ^^
    I am of the belief that performance enhancing gear should be relatively easy to obtain and that people who claim the most HNMs, Rape more monsters, Climb more floors, clear more dungeons in less time, etc. should be rewarded with things that give them gear that is more attractive in appearance only, Warps that others can't get, better storage options, Cheaper prices from NPCs, Free RR and warp scrolls.

You know, rewards that don't cause other players to be excluded from content.
    (3)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3