Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

Losing Faith in you DEV TEAM.

It's going to be brought up sooner or later anyways.

Dev Team, while I have respect for the job you do. Patience has been a thing I've been good at. I mean hey, playing since day 1 and I'm still here right? Well, I'm confused right now. Maybe my faith has been slowly deteriorating due to the direction you are taking all of us.

Details?

It seems the game is constantly being thrown out of balance and although we have been trying to kindly let you know about our concerns. Our problems in my opinion, have not been addressed properly.

How?

We have given you our feedback on things such as Inventory Space, REM, Balance of power ruined by content made easier than previous content such as Delve making all other weapons in game put out of shame.

We have given you our share of concerns over Job related issues such as Red Mage Spells, Beastmaster, Pup, Summoner, and other jobs.

Limitations such as Merit Points, Moogle Slips not being able to store augments.
    Auction House cluttered with gear no one sells anymore. Abjurations that have no value even with Augments Vs other content.

Notorious Monsters, VNM, Mythic Quest Bosses, Voidwatch. Unfair drop rates, time spawns, people required to participate.

We have stated issues about finding parties for events in older content.

Entrance limited to areas that are solable yet problematic due to requirements that are unecessary such as 3 people needed to enter in NNI, Salvage, Assault.

Areas like Legion requiring too many people being hard to find.

Conclusion

It's hard to keep faith in you DEV TEAM. You are showing us things through updates that our bigger more important concerns are not being properly addressed.

Adding new content, items, Monsters, features, Areas, rather than Fix the content you already have only leads to more problems for all of us. Including you.

Trying to stay positive and patient out of respect for you but I personally am starting to lose faith from seeing each update go by without seeing proper fixes be made for several things I've read others comment on.
    (39)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-09-2013 at 06:01 AM.

Player
    I've lost count on how many times I've taken merit points off weaponskills, combat skills, magic skills, Job class related abilities such as Redmage Spell Dia III, Phalanx II, Blind II, Bio III, Scholar, Whitemage, Blackmage , Beastmaster, Theif, Bard and other jobs only to Re Merit them all over again out of boredom... Lack of Merit Points...
    (6)

Character
    Oalka
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I think the biggest issue is that clearly, Matsui doesn't understand this game at all. We're built on a 10-year history of long, slow item collection. Item collection, mind you, where the newest items don't completely trump the oldest items. The new dev team have taken us so far in the opposite direction from that, its not even on par with the pace of MMORPGs that have always followed this model.

I cannot stress this enough:

WE DO NOT WANT CONTENT THAT CONSTANTLY MAKES OLDER CONTENT IRRELEVANT. THAT IS NOT FUN.

You (the developoers) seem to think that modeling the content this way will inspire us to keep playing, but in reality, it makes us wonder what the point is. My endgame linkshell has just now begun to approach the point where we can kill Delve NMs with enough time to attempt bosses. Now, there's not really any point to any of that. The blinding pace you've set only serves to make most of the content you're currently developing flicker past the majority of the player base, because no one, NO ONE, will do an intermediate step if they don't have to.

I'm sick to death of this new direction. I'm sick of having no motivation to work on gear I know will be outclassed in a single patch. I'm sick of all my former work rotting away in my inventory, completely useless. If I wanted to play a game with such gear progression, I would have been playing it all along. Tacking it onto a game like FFXI this late in its lifespan is an insult to your playerbase.
    (35)

Player
    Many of us old school players are here based on RPG games in the past. What is an RPG? This is not an action RPG game like Diablo that gives you an instant quick rush of excitement where you can can enjoy a quick 1 hour and be rewarded instantly on quick kills. Grind and Zerg..

To us we play RPG games because they were more in depth with story line. You didn't progress and beat the game quickly like back in the days of the old Nintendo era. Some of us wanted to play a game that lasted longer and had more meaning to it.

The way I see the new devolvement team is that somewhere along the line they do not see and understand what kind of players they are dealing with and why we came here.

Items that took time to earn, people we spend time with helping each other had more meaning before than now where we just group up and get it done together fastest way possible. This is exactly how fast movement games are today like WoW and Diablo.

Your level achievements, gear you earned, rares you found... This was our reward. Our effort. Our accomplishment. Reaching a goal and completing it was a win with more meaning.

Honestly if I wanted to grind all day for items that won't last, I'd be there playing Action RPG games and not here.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-09-2013 at 06:58 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Oalka View Post
    I think the biggest issue is that clearly, Matsui doesn't understand this game at all. We're built on a 10-year history of long, slow item collection. Item collection, mind you, where the newest items don't completely trump the oldest items. The new dev team have taken us so far in the opposite direction from that, its not even on par with the pace of MMORPGs that have always followed this model.

I cannot stress this enough:

WE DO NOT WANT CONTENT THAT CONSTANTLY MAKES OLDER CONTENT IRRELEVANT. THAT IS NOT FUN.

You (the developoers) seem to think that modeling the content this way will inspire us to keep playing, but in reality, it makes us wonder what the point is. My endgame linkshell has just now begun to approach the point where we can kill Delve NMs with enough time to attempt bosses. Now, there's not really any point to any of that. The blinding pace you've set only serves to make most of the content you're currently developing flicker past the majority of the player base, because no one, NO ONE, will do an intermediate step if they don't have to.

I'm sick to death of this new direction. I'm sick of having no motivation to work on gear I know will be outclassed in a single patch. I'm sick of all my former work rotting away in my inventory, completely useless. If I wanted to play a game with such gear progression, I would have been playing it all along. Tacking it onto a game like FFXI this late in its lifespan is an insult to your playerbase.
    have you beaten the shark yet? should really hold tyour breath until you try out the new nms also, which i am supposing are harder than the first set of boss nms to come out so far.
    (0)

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    i have to say there is a case for the new equipment, when all previous events were released these forums were full of people complaining the rewards were not good enough for the work involved, so they increase the rewards for these new events and now people saying wtf these items are too powerful.
    I'm afraid for the dev's its damed if you do and damed if you don't.

Perhaps take a look at the level they are putting on the new best gear, its level 120, thats them saying we are increasing the level to 120 for now without showing it on screen, compare your level 79 gear to your level 99 gear and apart from a few weapons these increases in armor power does not appear too mad at all.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    i have to say there is a case for the new equipment, when all previous events were released these forums were full of people complaining the rewards were not good enough for the work involved, so they increase the rewards for these new events and now people saying wtf these items are too powerful.
    I'm afraid for the dev's its damed if you do and damed if you don't.

Perhaps take a look at the level they are putting on the new best gear, its level 120, thats them saying we are increasing the level to 120 for now without showing it on screen, compare your level 79 gear to your level 99 gear and apart from a few weapons these increases in armor power does not appear too mad at all.
    In my opinion powerful is not the main issue. It's the fact that its quite effortless compared to the rest of the items we so spent a good portion of our time earning.

It's one thing to add items that blend in with the rest of the gear as a whole, it's another to make items that put all other things out of its place.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    have you beaten the shark yet? should really hold tyour breath until you try out the new nms also, which i am supposing are harder than the first set of boss nms to come out so far.
    Apparently not...

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    In order to indicate difficulty for Adoulin content in a way that is displayed in an objective fashion, we have established content levels.

The below is a chart representation of this:

<table width="600" border="0"> <tr> <td width="11%" align="center">20</td> <td width="1%" style="border-style:none;"></td> <td width="20%" align="center">Delve (Boss monsters)</td> <td width="1%" style="border-style:none;"></td> <td width="20%" style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">19</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">18</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">17</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td align="center">New Wildskeeper Reives</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">16</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">15</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">14</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td align="center">Delve (NM group 2)</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">13</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td align="center">New Skirmish</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">12</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">11</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td align="center">Delve (NM group 1)</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">10</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">9</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td rowspan="4" align="center">New Colonization/Lair Reives</td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">8</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">7</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td align="center">Wildskeeper Reives</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">6</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td align="center">Skirmish</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">5</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td rowspan="5" align="center">Colonization/Lair Reives</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">4</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">3</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">2</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center">1</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> </tr> <tr> <td align="center" style="border-style:none;">Content Level</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td align="center" style="border-style:none;">Up to April 2013</td> <td style="border-style:none;"></td> <td align="center" style="border-style:none;">Upcoming version updates (July and August)</td> </tr></table>
    Well... that failed epically... Click on the blue arrow next to camate's name to read the table in the original post ><
    (1)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 07-09-2013 at 07:25 AM.

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    In my opinion powerful is not the main issue. It's the fact that its quite effortless compared to the rest of the items we so spent a good portion of our time earning.

It's one thing to add items that blend in with the rest of the gear as a whole, it's another to make items that put all other things out of its place.
    i understand where your coming from but there are allot of negative posts about at the moment and i don't believe their all justified. Allot of us have been playing 10 years, in that time we have seen jobs and equipment rise and fall, i for one am prepared to give them more time to see where they are going with all this.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggs View Post
    i understand where your coming from but there are allot of negative posts about at the moment and i don't believe their all justified. Allot of us have been playing 10 years, in that time we have seen jobs and equipment rise and fall, i for one am prepared to give them more time to see where they are going with all this.
    I agree with you. I'm just wondering why are they even adding new items, new monsters, new areas? I know too many people having inventory issues so that doesn't help us at all.

How many mules do we need?

I know I'm not thinking positive right now but July & August shimmers no light in the path the Dev team is taking action.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast