Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

item levels are displayed and have an attribute modified by a weapon skill????

The damage of physical blue magic spells will now increase depending on the item equipped in the main weapon slot.
    * This change applies to weapons equipped in the main weapon slot for which their item levels are displayed and have an attribute modified by a weapon skill.
    What we have hear is a failure to communicate what does this * actually mean >.> I already read a few different interpretations. Please clarify.

What I thought it was gonna be was simply blue magic scales to item level of main hand weapon which would be great but what is the * business????
    (1)
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.playonline.com/ff11/11th/banner.js?size=s&l=us"></script>

If you had continued to read the thread that you quoted from, there is the example there of the club which this currently applies to.
    (0)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    That was copied from here actually the July 9, 2013 (JST) Version Update >.> I see another post from the devs covering this load of BS tho....
    (1)
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.playonline.com/ff11/11th/banner.js?size=s&l=us"></script>

Character
    Sharnak
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As i understand, This rule will apply in only this case,
    1. Item must have item lv which must be 100 up
    2. That item must have some base stat such as STR, DEX, MND ect which it modified weaponskill.
    which now only have Tamaxchi that match with this rule but quite not useful imo for blu.
    SE say in Aug Update we will see more item and equip that will match with this rule for blu. So we need to wait =/
    (0)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    now i feel lucky i actually got Tamaxchi ^.^
    (0)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Clou777 View Post
    now i feel lucky i actually got Tamaxchi ^.^
    It's too bad that club actually shows us how poorly SE thinks of blue mage. Spells needs a larger boost in damage than what they have actually given us with this update. There's no way our spells can keep up with our melee still.

The only good thing about this club is the macc and acc.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharnak View Post
    As i understand, This rule will apply in only this case,
    1. Item must have item lv which must be 100 up
    2. That item must have some base stat such as STR, DEX, MND ect which it modified weaponskill.
    which now only have Tamaxchi that match with this rule but quite not useful imo for blu.
    SE say in Aug Update we will see more item and equip that will match with this rule for blu. So we need to wait =/
    Correction on 2.: It's combat skill, not weapon skill modifier, that counts. Any ilvl 100+ main hand weapon with combat skill+ modifier will receive a damage bonus based on the ilvl on the weapon. So Tamaxchi (ilvl115, club skill+188) will get the damage bonus on physical blue magic spells, as will swords with an ilvl of 100+ and Sword Skill+.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"