Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Fencing Degen (AF1 weapon)

Hmmmm Red mage Might be fun to look at overall. Again if any modication, or anything
    let me know, i won't write down any of the trial, but like Karbuncle from my previous posts, if you have any ideas shoot them. the more post and people interested, even for fun, the better.

Old
    Fencing Degen
    --------------
    DMG: 22 Delay 224
    MP+10 MND+1 INT+1

New and improved
    Fleuret D'Artemis
    --------------
    DMG: 43 Delay 224
    MP+30 MND+4 INT+4

Upgrades
    --------------
    Trial #1 : Enhancing Spell Recast -7%
    Trial #2 : Increase Elemental by 5 Enfeebling by 5
    Trial #3 : Increase Attack by 5 and Accuracy by 5
    Trial #4 : New Weaponskill "Un pour tous" (from the 3 musketeers saying 1 for all and
    All For one) Delivers 3 Fire Fold attack inflicting Burn, Duration of Burn Varies with MP.

If you have any comments please let me know
    (1)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is actually a decent example of trying for hybrid gear, but falling rather short. For a level 75 weapon it may have been decent, but at 90 or beyond, I'd say it wouldn't age well. Just for the base stats, I'd bump those up to D:51, Delay: 210, MP+60, MND+10, and INT+10. -Recasts aren't needed, but instead boosted durations and potency. If #2 is just MACC, make it potency instead. #3 should be more like +10-15 ATK/ACC. I'd even go for something more unique like ignoring 15% of a mob's DEF. #4's just too unknown to gauge fairly. Bare minimum, it'd need to be better than Sanguine Blade as a magic WS without the self-cure.
    (0)

I don't think elemental WSs can actually multi-hit. I can't think of any that do.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't think it's so much a matter of "can't" as it just hasn't been done before. Conceptually, going through the damage/resist check 3 times shouldn't be impossible, meaning a potentially wider variance in magic damage if you got no resists on one, then like three 1/2s the next.

My only real beef is if the WS did wind up being good, you risk the whole "A good thing for RDMs, but at the end of an arduous series of hoops..." that might be impossible for some to finish in a reasonable time frame, if ever. If this theoretical "One for All" was level/skill learned and the sword itself further augmented it, then that'd be better. I'm actually having a hard time considering a WS of this name Fire, though. Doing Light damage and some kind of AoE party effect (Maybe an MP restore reflective of damage done?) would be more appropriate.
    (0)

Well I know that if you dual wield and use an elemental WS you only gain TP for 1 hit. I mean sure it's theoretically possible, but it'd be a million times easier just to give it 3.0 FTP (which isn't that great for an elemental WS D: )
    (0)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    hehe at first it was an idea for LV.74 job ><, i thought red lotus was a 2 hit ws?
    (0)

Player
    Tachi: Jinpu is a two-hit Wind elemental WS.
    (0)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Ophanus, your right! i forgot about Tachi: Jinpu..
    So is Blade: Chi
    Technicaly Seraph Blade and Seraph Strike are 2 hit
    (0)
    Last edited by Fenrirs_Takumi; 03-24-2011 at 11:41 AM.

Tachi Jinpu is actually a physical weapon skill that will then add wind elemental damage based on the amount of the physical hit.

Shining Blade and Seraph Blade, although their animation looks like they hits twice, only return the TP for one hit.

Blade: Chi, not sure about that one, but I would bet that it's a similar case.
    (0)

Character
    Siviard
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I agree with Seriha.

I'd bump the base dmg of the sword up to about 51 or 52 (to closely match a completed magian sword via elemental path)

Here's what I'd do if I were a developer. I just copy/paste the info from the OP and added my edits as to what, in my opinion, the different options should be. Bear in mind this is for a "completed" Lv. 90 RDM sword, with possible further enhancements with Lv. 95 and eventually Lv. 99.

Old
    Fencing Degen
    --------------
    DMG: 22 Delay 224
    MP+10 MND+1 INT+1

New and improved
    Fleuret D'Artemis
    --------------
    DMG: 52 Delay 224
    MP+60 MND+10 INT+10

Upgrades
    --------------
    Trial #1 : Increase "Enhancing Magic" duration (a la Estoqueur's Cape and +2 RDM Empyrean armor effect)
    Trial #2 : Increase Elemental Magic Skill +15 and Enfeebling Magic Skill +15
    Trial #3 : Attack +15, Accuracy +15, Sword skill +10
    Trial #4 : New Weaponskill "Un pour tous" (from the 3 musketeers saying 1 for all and
    All For one) Delivers 3 Fire Fold attack inflicting Burn, Duration of Burn Varies with MP.
    (0)
    Last edited by Siviard; 03-25-2011 at 09:55 AM. Reason: added further information

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast