Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 431
  1. #211
    Player detlef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,640
    Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    He made good points though. I hated leveling, and I also certainly had no issues picking up jobs at 99 without XPing in the manner you advocate.
    (1)

  2. #212
    Player
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I've already said what I think and why. Now you are back to wearing your Forum Troll hat and just chopping random words out of my block of text and trying to pry some leverage out of things, while totally missing the point I was making. If you had made any actual valid points in that huge tsunami of bile you just spewed forth, I would endevour to refute those points & defend my original statements yet again. But since you haven't actually made any points, just cherrypicked a few words and phrases and bashed them with your troll club, theres no point talking to you any more. Go back to skulking under your bridge.

    goodbye /block
    Lol seems like you're the next target welcome to my world =p

    As for the topic in question lemme do what everyone says I'm best at, derail it. Oh wait... The OP is me...

    Final fantasy XI is declining because some people in this community hate the fact that other people have opinions too and when you say something others don't like they feel the need to gang up on you and quote you after every sentence forcing their point of view as absolute only to disrespect the person they target as if their opinions don't matter and when you debate long enough people decide you should have your own thread titled to your name so they can destroy you and make you look like you are the biggest problem on these forums and its time to get rid of you because you refuse to give in and side with them.

    Right Stompa? I think I summed it up pretty well.

    Oh wait I forgot. When you defend the DEV TEAM and community reps long enough, its a done deal. You are targeted for annihilation.
    (4)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-23-2013 at 03:23 PM.

  3. #213
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    96
    How's it feel up there on that cross?

    The development team and community reps are adults they don't need you to defend them, all day, every day.

    And this is my biggest pet peeve: All opinions are not equally valid. This line of bullshit is so harmful it's ricockulous. Some opinions are flat out wrong, but because it's an opinion those who hold it feel that they are unasalable and they refuse to look at the actual facts that would completely invalidate that opinion. 500 years after Magellan (? 20+ years since I took a world history class and I don't care enough to look and make sure I have the right 16th century explorer) circumnavigated the globe and there are still people out there with the opinion that the Earth is flat. Opinions can be wrong.

    And stop looking for other people to share your martyrdom, they are also adults. You brought this on yourself in every imaginable way and you control how it will end (hint: it could all be over if you would just stop coming to these forums, or at least stop posting).

    Personally I'm going to miss you. You have provided me with hours of entertainment. For the good of the community, however... it's probably better that you stop spreading misinformation everywhere you go here.

    PS. I guess maybe this should have gone in what you interpret as the "Hate Everything Daemon" thread (started by someone who was once your biggest supporter (Oh, the irony)) but hey, I don't spend all day on these forums responding to every post you make. This one just caught my eye.
    (6)

  4. #214
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    96
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I've already said what I think and why. Now you are back to wearing your Forum Troll hat and just chopping random words out of my block of text and trying to pry some leverage out of things, while totally missing the point I was making. If you had made any actual valid points in that huge tsunami of bile you just spewed forth, I would endevour to refute those points & defend my original statements yet again. But since you haven't actually made any points, just cherrypicked a few words and phrases and bashed them with your troll club, theres no point talking to you any more. Go back to skulking under your bridge.

    goodbye /block
    Just because you don't agree with the points he made doesn't mean he's trolling you. If he hadn't quoted you so extensively you would've accused him of quote mining and taking what you said out of context. It's really a "no win" situation.

    I don't agree with everything Frank said but he at least had the decency to respond point by point with his point of view. You responded to him with the ultimate refuge of a weak argument, "You're a troll!"
    (6)

  5. #215
    Player FrankReynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I actually click "Like" on a lot of stuff that the both of you post. This isn't facebook though (thankfully) so it doesn't tell you all the times I do that. I generally don't comment on things I agree with because it's already been said. I'm willing to bet that that is what most people do. If they had a dislike button, I'm willing to bet that a lot of people would rather just use that than engage in debate with you guys, but there isn't, so this is what you get. A couple "like"s when you say something good and a million miles of crap when you say something dumb.

    I read these forums, I post about what I think needs to be changed and I refute the stupidity. I support the devs by not cancelling my account. Feel free to test me by creating 1,000 dummy accounts and posting the same trash. I promise I will say the same things regardless of the poster.
    (3)

  6. 09-24-2013 10:48 AM

  7. #216
    Player
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1,521
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaxx View Post
    How's it feel up there on that cross?
    Misinformation? What I fail to understand is why am I the only person being pointed out as "Derailing others thread" when clearly several other people do it too.

    I guess its because I post more than everyone else on these forums.

    I noticed people like you more when you trash talk someone else, leave instant one liners as if you're leaving your 2 cents on the table.

    Quote Originally Posted by Morier View Post
    Yea get off your cross.
    Recycled one liners others used to put me down. Highly original here.

    This is why FFXI is declining. People troll these forums and feed off each other's negativity using each other's one line "put me down" sentences to earn more "likes."

    Followed by wall of texts flooding ones response after pointing out the truth.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 09-24-2013 at 01:28 PM.

  8. #217
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    My thread is gone not even a full day and rather than leaving things be, you come in and reply to posts which could lead to an argument once again... My point apparently was not made.
    (1)

  9. #218
    Player Omegablue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    34
    Character
    Tyrion
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Mithra pictures?




    Mithra pictures
    (1)
    [Removed by Moderator due to size]

  10. #219
    Player Aemora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    8
    Character
    Aemora
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    FFXI is dying because it's old.

    It's been more prominent lately because FFXIV is new.

    No other reason.
    (0)
    BLM SMN COR BRD SCH RDM BLU 90.
    Fishing 100, Ebisu~

  11. #220
    Player Arcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,753
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aemora View Post
    No other reason.
    Wrong. I didn't leave because it was old, I left because the problems finally surpassed its entertainment value, and it's the same for many others. Problems don't stem from age, they stem from bad decisions, which SE has a demonstrably unlimited supply of. I don't want something new, I want something good. Up until a few years ago, FFXI was that good. It was a local optimum in the sea of MMORPGs. Other MMORPGs did not overtake it since then, it actually fell back. The game we have now is worse than the one we had years ago. And that is not time's fault, it's SE's.
    (6)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast