Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellcaster View Post
    they stated that rems wont be better than seekers's tho, people don't get the memo. ffxi is dead
    Show me where they said that...
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Show me where they said that...
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...191#post475191

though he did not say they will be weaker outright he did say: "The stats after the revamp will make it so they can be an option among the other powerful weapons."

basically saying they will either be as good as or weaker. Knowing how people are when it comes to the time and effort some have put into those, knowing they will only compare to weapons that dont take a fraction of the effort...it wont flow over very well.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    He didn't say they would be as good or weaker. He said that the weapons' special properties (be it aftermath or weapon-specific benefit) would be taken into account to balance the damage and delay of the upgraded RME weapons.
    (2)

Player
    Exactly, they wont be weaker, they will be better than SoA weapons, just not in base DMG ratings, which are only part of why RMEs are great. The fact is, saying they will be weaker is very likely, wrong. You would have to make RMEs have a considerably weaker DMG rating before the DMG would low enough that RMEs would really come close to being weaker than Delve weapons. Going by their old examples, that wont be the case, and RMEs will be the top, but Delve weapons will be close enough behind that the exclusionary issues of the community should not be as bad as pre-SoA in my opinion, it will just be RMED, an upgrade from the current Delve or GTFO issue.
    (2)

Player
    After the mass RMT ban, the game declined during that year! The game has no value if it has no potential to pay for itself, plain and simple! That is why games like EQ and WoW have flourished while FFXI hit the toilet as fast as it did! See what happens when you put incredibly stupid people in charge of a company?
    (0)

6. 11-06-2013 10:29 PM

Player
    And you wonder why so many people complain how the game goes downhill! If FFXI was free to play, there wouldnt be so much complaining! The game is worth nothing if it has no potential to pay for itself! This is simple common sense! Duh!
    (1)

8. 11-06-2013 10:46 PM

Player
    If SE would write a script that prevented botting and tolerated RMTing, the game would regain alot to most of its value again and would gain alot more people to play it and alot of players that left to return to it! It was the botters that you were mad at, not all RMTs. RMTing should be tolerated as long as its done legitimately (aka actually playing the game) rather than letting the machine do it for you! If you have to use a bot, whats the point in playing the game to begin with? Thats my opinion with use of common sense!
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    I used to MPK gilsellers on my bst in upper delkfutts tower around 2005. It felt like I was doing the world a favour.

Honestly RMT suck like a black hole in space. I can't hate them enough. And what you have on planet Earth is rich kids having a free ride through life, not having to suffer or work as hard as poor kids. If you have RMT in games that just brings the ugly and tragic inequalities of real world Earth into the virtual worlds too. I find it disgusting that people who work hard in office or factory all day, just to pay the rent, and then go play a videogame for a few hours in the evening, will not be able to obtain things as quickly as rich people who can afford to waste real world money on virtual goods. What I like about RMT banning, (and MPKING!) is that it gave a more level playing field, everyone in the game was in the same situation financially and had to earn money the same as everyone else. Now you've got Daddy's Little Princess buying HQ Delve equipment and Relic 99's etc. without lifting her dainty little finger. I've heard shouts by a rank1 day1 new adventurer offering 5m to get PL'ed from level 1-14. Thats a messed up picture right there.
    LMAO most of the people I know in game are in their late 20s to early 40s and pay for this game with hard earned cash. WTF are you talking about? I can't remember the last time I met someone in game that wasn't employed and paying out of their own pocket. Unless you're counting housewives as spoiled princesses, I have no idea where you get this crap from.
    (0)

11. 11-06-2013 10:59 PM

Player
    Im saying the game has no value if it has no potential to pay for itself! If you fork over your hard-earned money to people that really dont care about their customers and only act like they do, then something is wrong with your brain! Just saying!
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    You should try reading posts before you flame them.

I was saying its wrong that people are able to buy gil, as it gives them an unfair advantage over hard-working people whose income goes 100% to paying rent, food and school uniforms for the kids etc.. I know a lot of players who are working fulltime and on the breadline and could never dream of wasting their precious income on virtual goods / currency. That isn't true of rich people. My point being that RMT allows the financial inequalities of Earth to reappear in virtual gaming worlds. Ie. you are buying progress in the game, which other hard-working people can't afford to, because they have famlies to support and bills to pay on low wage jobs.

No, I read it. You were confusing someone who has lots of time to play video games with someone who has good work ethics. The two have nothing to do with each other.
    (0)

14. 11-06-2013 11:08 PM

15. 11-06-2013 11:13 PM

Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast