Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Player

Reasons Why FFXI is Declining

Hello Everyone!

We know there are many reasons. However in this post, Lets see everyone list 1 Reason Why you think FFXI is Declining.

I Figure we must try to get the DEV TEAMS Attention some how?

#1. Share 1 Opinion in a short Comment.
    #2. No Criticism, disagreements, or replies to other people who list their opinion.
    #3. Stay on topic so we can make it easy for them to see our lists of Opinions.

Disclaimer: Nothing is fact, just opinions on everyone's point of view. Please do not reply to others comments with debates because this is not meant to be a debate from player to player. Only an insight of how each person thinks of FFXI at its current state.

You can make your comment simple or detailed like my first comment below. You can also add other opinions but please try to keep 1 opinion per reply.

Thank you.
    (8)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-09-2013 at 09:17 AM.

Player
    Opinion: Lack of merit points limiting us on several things especially when we all play multiple jobs on 1 account.

Reason: I wouldn't go that far to create a new character and start all over just to enjoy meriting a Job properly. And because of this, new jobs that come out, it's not helping us who wants to play the jobs seriously.

Conclusion: Seeing that this happens, loss of motivation to enjoy new jobs leads to my opinion on why FFXI is declining.

Solution: Add more merits points so we can raise up skills for the different jobs we play.
    (9)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-08-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Player
    This isn't going to get deleted in a day, so I'll just go ham.

Opinion: Why is FFXI declining... there is a literal million reasons. Racist GMs. Weak player base. "Supposed" language barriers, that effectively cut the community in half. Lack of skill within the playerbase. Lack of interest within the playerbase. Laziness in the playerbase. Events that force you to rely upon other people... See the pattern?

Reason: Humans, as a whole, to sum them up, are like electricity, they "follow the path of least resistance". The most reward for the least work possible. It's a flaw inherent within humanity as a species, not ffxi. It can be said that there is no skill to ffxi, just alot of luck and pressing of CTRL 1 > CTRL 2 > CTRL 1 over and over. It's unfortunate that "MMO" had to be attached to FFXI. If it had the ability to play offline and online(like PSO), things might have been different.

What it comes down to in one short sentence is this; "In the way people" People not doing a damn thing but being in the way, taking to long to accomplish menial tasks. Slowing down over all progress.

Conclusion: Start over, aka FFXIV. FFXI will never go away it'll never die, it'll be on a hell of a life support system though.

Solution: Destroy all humans. Or ban baby making. Quality > Quantity.
    (6)
    Last edited by Karah; 07-08-2013 at 07:55 PM.

Opinion: Obstinacy among the developers is the biggest thing killing FFXI. Not owning up to mistakes made in the past, abandoning changes that revitalized the game (Abyssea) in a foolish attempt to enforce their outmoded philosophy after the genie was out of the bottle.

Examples: The developers' out-and-out fear of giving pet jobs what they need to function effectively in a short time while simultaneously giving melee jobs everything but the kitchen sink. Preventing mages from being effective at their jobs due to needlessly high MP costs. Not giving Paladins the tools needed to flourish from 1-99 and instead enabling elitism by limiting their effectiveness to 2 shields that are out of reach for a high number of players.

Conclusion: These developers must listen to the players more often and take examples from ArenaNet and, more locally, Yoshi-P. Input from players, contrary to some self-appointed pros on these forums, can be extremely valuable. They must also adapt to the times and realize that timesinks and punishing mistakes just aren't acceptable to players anymore.
    (17)
    Last edited by Hayward; 07-09-2013 at 12:22 AM.
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Player
    Opinion: The players. That is in my honesty what is killing FFXI

Solution: turn the servers off
    (11)

Character
    Tyrion
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    Opinion: The players. That is in my honesty what is killing FFXI

Solution: turn the servers off

IKNEW IT, YOU'RE A STARCADE SOCK PUPPET AREN'T YOU! ADMIT IT!
    (3)
    [Removed by Moderator due to size]

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegablue View Post
    IKNEW IT, YOU'RE A STARCADE SOCK PUPPET AREN'T YOU! ADMIT IT!
    I actually had to wiki this.... lol I never knew a game like this existed......
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    I actually had to wiki this.... lol I never knew a game like this existed......
    I do believe you have been looking at the wrong thing.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Tyrion
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    I do believe you have been looking at the wrong thing.
    Ok, so maybe he/she/it isn't Starcade. I direct you to search for him on here or just go to the Dark Renegade's Musings. Wannabe sociopath ITG who can't figure out why everyone considers him a nutter. It used to be fun to poke him with a stick until he turned on approving all replies there.
    (0)
    [Removed by Moderator due to size]

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Opinion: Overly excessive things such as high nm respawns, people waiting hours on end wasting their lives for something that they want or need, only to have it taken by another player who otherwise does -not- need it. Then after mob is stolen, all of that time is wasted, they feel like their time on the game is moot, they stress,they rage, they quit.

Example: I nearly quit when Khimaira was outclaimed after literally wasting an entire day just sitting around waiting for it to pop. The moment it did a PLD flash pulled it, and that was the end of that story.

Conclusion: The long respawn times on most nm's are a reasonable factor that is preying on the ffxi community.

Solution: Cut down on the multi hour/multi DAY repop nm's, there's no reason for them to be that long in terms of an nm taking a maximum (Now that's just documented, never said it couldn't go over) a 3 day wait. That's 3 days a player is nervous about not being at camp, having to wait 2-3 days later if someone killed it. I really emphasize lowering their respawn times to maybe 5 or even 6 hours, that'd at least make it where people -can- camp them again, and not wait days and days for a shot at something with a 7% drop rate. If it gets taken, oh well try again later that day. What do you have to lose Square Enix? Seriously...
    (9)

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast