Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Godofgods
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Reason: Ppl want and expect everything. Yet they are happy with nothing.
    (0)

Player
    Lol, had to edit my post, moving it sorry.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-11-2013 at 04:46 AM.

Character
    Torreto
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is random and not to the point but guys I need help. I cancelled my relic upgrade and nothing happened he did not giv me my shield back or nothing... please help ; ;
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Torreto View Post
    This is random and not to the point but guys I need help. I cancelled my relic upgrade and nothing happened he did not giv me my shield back or nothing... please help ; ;
    You might want to call a GM or report it on the bug thread.
    (2)

Player
    Opinion: Too many items, equipment, endlessly being released is making it worse for players who level multiple jobs.

Reason: Not enough inventory/storage options.

Solution: Ditch all NON-AF/Mission equipment, give us base item legs, hands, head, back, etc, according to the job, with sprite customizing options. Allow us to endlessly alter and improve stats up til cap point through quests and tier upgrades like Delve Equipment. That way instead of having 5+ pieces for refresh, -PDT and every other set out there, We could upgrade our base item up to max cap and add other stats on the same piece which would correct inventory space and lessen the amount of gear for every job we play.

Allowing NMs, Bosses, and areas in different parts of other content drop upgrade parts would prevent defeating the purpose to hunt them if gear was removed.

Include upgrade parts for changing sprites.
    Current NPCs selling rare/ex equipment can be changed to sell synthesis materials for sprite customizing options.

Having completed all AF3 fully upgraded to unlock a quest to obtain base items would prevent skipping Abyssea content and anyone from rushing to the end including RMT.

Restrict Abyssea gear for Abyssea Only
    Restrict SoA gear for Adoulin Only
    This would prevent new content overpowering older content.
    & thwart RMT from obtaining gear instantly leaving only Auction House/ AF to their use.

Quests for unlocking Tiers to prevent obtaining upgrades too fast.

Fact: I know it can be done, proof is shown through Synergy, Magian trials, Delve Upgrades...

Aftermath: Would make every content relevant again. Including BCNM, HNM, VW, ZNM, Sky, Sea, Meebles, Campaign... Also eliminating the conflict of current content making previous content irelevent. Because no 1 item will be labeled the best, elitism would be thrown out the door bringing the community back together for parties for all areas of the game to collect upgrade parts. Players spreading out in all parts of the game and not limited to abyssea / just delve only would also make it easier for people to interact with new/returning players who need help.

Leave basic gear sold in AH for players leveling to 1-99. Make Tier option available as End Game.

Comment: People have already shown how eager and willing they are to hunt airelixers for max upgrading delve items, I'm sure people would do it for other equipment considered as endgame.. Difference is, spreading out upgrade parts all over the land rather than limit to 1 area only would make this a game changer.

Or allow us to combine existing gears and its stats into 1 piece accordingly.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-11-2013 at 05:32 AM.

Player
    Here is a short version.

Opinion: REM irrelevant, Older Content made useless due to newer content.
    Reason: Items too powerful, not worth using any previous items when the most powerful items rule over everything else.
    Solution: Restrict Delve gear for Delve, Adoulin Gear for Adoulin content.
    Purpose: To prevent making the game pointless.
    (2)

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Opinion/Problem Abyessia Add On's Allowance of Jobs below 75.

Reason: Because people below level 75 are allowed into abby, "leaching" has run a muck.. No new players prior to Abby release knows how to play a job PROPERLY. Standing around keying chests teaches you nothing on how to play a job. You learn how to play a job by actually playing it Solo and in an actual 6 person exp party. As a result of this, "end Game" as we know it that has kept the game going has had to become "easier" to accommodate instant gratification. In addition, now the game is trying to go back in this direction, but 18 man alliances have difficulty finding people who know how to play the job correctly.. so new end game is more difficult then old end game content because of this new "challenge of finding decent players." its super pathetic when a WHM 99 cant keep a PLD tanking ONE delve NM alive when the NM is not even claimed.

Solution: Well its too late to change the cap.. the damage is done and once your on easy street you can not go back.. Only real solution I can suggest is making all new "end game" contact more low man friendly.. only for lack of decent players available. or at minimum Equal equipment/wep. alternatives.
    (2)
    Last edited by Babygyrl; 07-11-2013 at 06:05 AM.
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babygyrl View Post
    Opinion/Problem Abyessia Add On's Allowance of Jobs below 75.

Reason: Because people below level 75 are allowed into abby, "leaching" has run a muck.. No new players prior to Abby release knows how to play a job PROPERLY. Standing around keying chests teaches you nothing on how to play a job. You learn how to play a job by actually playing it Solo and in an actual 6 person exp party. As a result of this, "end Game" as we know it that has kept the game going has had to become "easier" to accommodate instant gratification. In addition, now the game is trying to go back in this direction, but 18 man alliances have difficulty finding people who know how to play the job correctly.. so new end game is more difficult then old end game contact was because of this new "challenge." its super pathetic when a WHM 99 cant keep a PLD tanking ONE delve NM alive when the NM is not even claimed.

Solution: Well its too late to change the cap.. the damage is done and once your on easy street you can not go back.. Only real solution I can suggest is making all new "end game" contact more low many friendly.. only for lack of decent players available. or at minimum Equal equipment/wep alternatives.
    And I thought I was the only one who thought its pointless to have 18 people level 22+ gang banging a level 15 skeleton...

I miss 6 man parties. You actually had time to kill it, rather than have 5-6 other level 99 players rushing to one shot the easy prey worm you just engaged in.
    (3)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-11-2013 at 06:04 AM.

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    After 11 years SE still focus on hardcore players rather than casuals. This is a failed strategy in todays business. You get those always angry/starving-for-content players (that represents 5-10% of the playerbase) happy for a couple of weeks and turns the progression for the majority almost into Mission Impossible.

The majority realizes the game doesn't offer enough rewards without loads of time (which is incompatible with a healthy social person) and simply quit without warning. A minority of those come to the forums trying to warn SE in vain. FFXi bleeds subscriptions and word of mouth makes it sure newcomers are not enough to replenish the playerbase.

Playerbase dwindles through time and finally comes to a point where keeping the servers on it barely profitable, so SE decides to reassign their manpower to other projects and pull the plug. End of FF11.
    (4)
    Last edited by Spectreman; 07-11-2013 at 06:07 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    After 11 years SE still focus on hardcore players rather than casuals. This is a failed strategy in todays business. You get those always angry/starving-for-content players (that represents 5-10% of the playerbase) happy for a couple of weeks and turns the progression for the majority almost into Mission Impossible.

The majority realizes the game doesn't offer enough rewards without loads of time (which is incompatible with a healthy social person) and simply quit without warning. A minority of those come to the forums trying to warn SE in vain. FFXi bleeds subscriptions and word of mouth makes it sure newcomers are not enough to replenish the playerbase.

Playerbase dwindles through time and finally comes to a low point where keeping the servers on it barely profitable, so SE decided to pull the plug. End of FF11.
    Not debating with you as I respect your point of view. But I wanted to share my take on it.

FFXI started out perfectly fine, well thought out, great storyline, player base was flourishing. Everyone was at different levels therefore high level players would hang out with low levels to help out. Some maybe out of power and the feeling of being able to do good while secretly showing off their accomplishment. Emotional reward of impressing others with level status. We know we've all done it, one of those things we just know but never talk about.

Leveling was fine, questing, making progress was fine.

Then players reached 75 and things started happening. Fish botters started to appear, HNMLS were being made, then hacks for HNMLS groups were being used. Claiming NM before sprite even appeared, Gil was becoming an illegal business, some players buying gil were ruining the economy.

Then SE felt the need to toss in a new expansion because other than HNMLS, what else was there to do?

Then new jobs came out, changes were starting to happen where people were replacing old jobs for the new ones. Because Bard was given Mage Ballad people started leaving out WHM to get a RDM, BRD, BLM instead because back then 2 jobs with Cure 3 with RDM Cure 4, also Protect 4 & Shell 4 and faster MP refresh was a good enough reason to leave WHM out. Same thing applies to DD.

RDM being left out because Bard can Refresh, Dispel and give Melee buffs.

So yeah, favoritism of certain jobs were leaving out people who didn't play what leaders wanted. And who wanted to level a new job during that moment in time when it took some up to a year just to reach 75.

On top of that players started having trouble finding invites as more players were reaching 75.

And earning gil back then was massively horrible just to even think about it...
    It was obvious back then who was buying gil.

One day your friend was gimp the next day logged back on pimp.

Imagine that it took you forever to earn 1 item, then you see someone you've partied and hung out with all of a sudden rockin out items like kraken club..

Lots of people complained, rage quit because of this.

Then came the ban hammer. People who spent all that real money and massive amounts of time for being stupid trying to take the easy way out than be legit.

When level cap started to get raised, people were getting skills of jobs allowing players to do without the main job used as subs.
    People started to feel the game was becoming ruined. From RMT, unfair Hacks, Elitism from HNMLS, new jobs replacing old ones.

RDM became useless after resist was added to NMs.

Point is, changes in the game always has its bad effects.Like how Abbysea allowing people to level fast making a good portion of crafters irrelevant. Like how Delve made all other weapons irrelevant including REM.

But SE is not entirely at fault here. It's also the playerbase and RMT that forces SE to make changes. For every 1 solution the Dev team tries to correct, several negative effects add on to the change meant to be for the better.

Then the inevitable question of how to keep those at the very end happy.

Before SoA, all content was created for casual players. Many endgame players wanted something more.

We just didn't expect SE to go overboard....
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-11-2013 at 07:26 AM.

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast