Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    List of posts that fall under the guideline of reasons your topic can be locked and you suspended.
    Do you not realize that when people try to debate with you and you fly into a spiral of "YAH, YOU LIKE HITTING ME? HOW BOUT I HIT MYSELF SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT, I SHOWED YOU HUH" type posts it just outright kills any credibility you have, with everyone? Even people like me who could see the logic in your posts begins to wonder if all your screws are as tight as they should be.

What I'm trying to say is, when you have an argument with someone, or they try to debate an opinion, instead of throwing a hissy fit like your mom just grounded you from going to see that killer Justin Beiber concert you were looking forward too because you stayed out with Frank a little to long, and even though he just wants to be friends your mom totally doesn't understand and thinks is dirtier... Try to just debate with them, argue your points without jumping on the crazy train, blowing past crazy station and barreling straight to crazyville where they sell crazyjuice which you chugged for 24 hours before posting.

Even if their posts aren't all together or are angry/butthurt, You should keep calm, respond coherently, and watch their credibility tank, rather than sending your flushing down the toilet with your Crazyjuice filled bundles of joy.

Edit1: For what its worth, My Opinion as to why FFXI is declining is because its 11 years old and SE is more focused on its new MMO than FFXI, and it really really shows.

Edit2: I was trying to remember what your responses reminded me of, I found it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NylmdC_uEM ---- uses bigboy words... Just replace the word Dye with "Argue/Disagree". All it good fun.
    (3)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-13-2013 at 02:53 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Do you not realize that when people try to debate with you and you fly into a spiral of "YAH, YOU LIKE HITTING ME? HOW BOUT I HIT MYSELF SEE HOW YOU LIKE IT, I SHOWED YOU HUH" type posts it just outright kills any credibility you have, with everyone? Even people like me who could see the logic in your posts begins to wonder if all your screws are as tight as they should be.

What I'm trying to say is, when you have an argument with someone, or they try to debate an opinion, instead of throwing a hissy fit like your mom just grounded you from going to see that killer Justin Beiber concert you were looking forward too because you stayed out with Frank a little to long, and even though he just wants to be friends your mom totally doesn't understand and thinks is dirtier... Try to just debate with them, argue your points without jumping on the crazy train, blowing past crazy station and barreling straight to crazyville where they sell crazyjuice which you chugged for 24 hours before posting.

Even if their posts aren't all together or are angry/butthurt, You should keep calm, respond coherently, and watch their credibility tank, rather than sending your flushing down the toilet with your Crazyjuice filled bundles of joy.

Edit1: For what its worth, My Opinion as to why FFXI is declining is because its 11 years old and SE is more focused on its new MMO than FFXI, and it really really shows.

Edit2: I was trying to remember what your responses reminded me of, I found it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NylmdC_uEM ---- uses bigboy words... Just replace the word Dye with "Argue/Disagree". All it good fun.
    Exactly what does the arguement between Slaxx and me have anything to do with you? Since the last topic we both had a nasty debate that led to locking the other thread. You think I argue with everyone? I've shown respect to others. I've even stated to those who posted their opinion against mine that I respect their point of view.

It's how people approach that changes the outcome of the conversation. If you flat out be rude, then the response you get will be the same.

Looking through all of my replies to people you would see that. I've even gone so far as to get the attention of those who left our debates in anger to fight it out until we understood each other and even apologized to them for the misunderstanding. You are painting a picture of me as being some horrible person. If I was so horrible, I wouldn't be on the forums offering help, responding to those who ask for in game advice.

I don't even know you and you are judging me.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    The skill up food information is wrong ( not entirely your fault as the NA side has had bad information all along on that front).

A guide was released in Japan with all food effect details. The foods give a flat multiplier to skill up rate ( elshena family combat and pitaru family magic) and since the highest ( Montagna and B.E . W. ) give 1.8x they should always be used.
    Do you have a link to that information so I can correct what I posted based on wiki, FFXIAH, bluegartr and allakhazam?

I did put Elshena group as combat, Pitaru as magic.

Also the level range at which those food can be used. Montagna and BEW are the best but i would have assumed the other foods work for lower skill ranges. Price also makes a difference. If you have a link to official info could you please post it and thanks it would definitely be appreciated.

Does this look like I argued back when someone pointed me out that I made a mistake?

EDIT: One of my apologies in another thread.

And to Karah, I still think you are a cool person, although we went through a few rounds throughout a couple of posts, You never lost your cool and resorted to profanity or other ways beyond tolerance. Hope we can patch up our dispute and move forward with a new leaf.

Alot of the things said in the other thread was more likely to be misunderstanding, miscommunication and confusion. Hard to answer several at once, therefore lots of confusion from 1 reply. Thanks for be awesome though. And yes I am apologizing to you and everyone else if you were offended.
    Edit 2: I spent over 2 hours writing this out to help someone who asked for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by alytez View Post
    We're both not new, just returning (left around abyssea) we have a couple 99's but we wanted to start some new classes from scratch, so we've been doing THF and RNG. We have gil thats ok and know most of our way around the game (excelt any of this voidwatch or new expansion, we dont have it yet)

We can go to Windy to level, it was very slow trying to level yesterday (didnt see Hawklaser's guide at the time), so I ended up just PLing my friend in gusgen. Would be just nice if we could both lv rather than pling each other just to 30 and kinda being forced to abyssea the rest. So looking for alternative leveling routes that might add a bit more adventure XD
    Disclaimer: Opinion... not fact.. um.. subject to human error... debates will always happen even if its not one... Yes trolls still exist... Yes i edit my posts to correct errors, not change my words to make you look bad...and all other things that you see in every other disclaimer.

Ok great. Just wanted to cover my back first before I go on lol.

Here are my suggestions. Although can be a little vague as its hard to determine a precise answer based on many factors of not knowing your gear, ability, skills, experiance, and other things. However I did the best I could to give you a general estimated guess.

Use Field Manuel's for doing pages. Usually you are required to do 5-6+ monsters before gaining a decent exp reward. Setting it on repeat until mobs turn to "too weak."

It really does make that much of a difference. Rather than how much exp mobs give, just killing the number required can be faster once you're strong enough to eliminate quickly.

Don't forget to use Emperor band or sub /COR for Corsair roll to help you gain extra exp. I believe both roll and band can stack.Note: You gain extra exp bonus from mobs but not from page objectives.

Before heading to Gusgen Mines duo, id stick on the map outside of your home nation until you reach 10-12. Then move to the next map and stay until 15-18. If you have tabs it helps to get protect, Regen buff, also refresh if you plan on subbing WHM. Old school we use to level crafting to 50 and make melon juices, so if you don't have tabs, you can make or buy them in AH.

You earn tabs by completing 1 page per Vanaday.

Gusgen Mines can be easy for both of you at about level 15+ as long as you don't link skeletons or pull ghouls. Can most likely stay there until 29-30, at around lvl 27, skeletons might check as too weak but ghouls should be easy prey. Survival & ease also depends on gear and food. Very easy if you can bring a Blue Mage with "Bludgeon" to Level Sync with you at 18. The spell is massive against undead.

Note: Becareful when using Cure or HP drop at low levels if you decide to play Gusgen mines. Skeletons will link and agro from far away. Which is why I suggested 15+.

You could also level up in Buburimu Peninsula by outpost (Just watch out for Goblins) or Maze of Shakarami. Those areas would better suit you if both were level 15+. Although I think staying in Tahrongi Canyon would be faster and easier.

Valkurm Dunes might be safe at around 15+ and stay there til around 20.
    Start off either on Rabbits or Lizards and work your way up to crabs and higher monsters.

You also can level up in Giddeus until 15-18. Pretty easy for 2 man setup. Best place to skill up Clothcraft for free. Also best place to desynth ingots for Smithing.

If you do decide to play in Windurst, you can stay in West Sarutabaruta and select either Mandragora or Bee objective. Bees near town are weaker than near exit to Tahrongi Canyon. Both of you could stay there til 10. Outer Horutoro Ruins is great at level 5+ if you want to earn some gil off Fire Crystals / Wild Onions.

Tahrongi Canyon I would do saplings and mandies (Lv. 12-15)until you are strong enough to do pages for Dahmel. Those (Dhamel) should be easy at around +15. You can do page with Bee, Mandragora, Sapling, objective, before taking on Dhamel/Crawler.

Unless subbing Dancer, It's easier to survive and might allow you to do those at around 13-14 depending on gear/skill etc. Just don't sub it for Gusgen Mines as Drain Samba or Drain type spells in general do not work on undead. Ninja sub is also a waste as skeletons often use AoE ability to blind which kills Utsusemi shadows.

Qufim Island can be done around 22+ with 2 people doing worms and crabs, then giants. If you cannot progress past level 28 in Gusgen mines, Qufim downstairs port Jeuno can fill the gap for you to make it into Abby. Around 26-28+ you can stay near Delkfutts Tower until 30. (Watch out for Weapons if you decide to level here, you might want carry silent oil or sneak your way pass them.) also watch out for banshee and ghouls at night until you are 26+.

Outside of Kahzam Yuhtunga Jungle can be done at 26+ Duo. Watch out for goblins. Again it also depends on gear, the job you play and your skill. Some people might be able to play this area at around Lv.24+.

Yhoater Jungle maybe 27+ or Higher.

I also suggest buying HQ armor sets. I know gear was implemented at certain levels like 1/7/10/16 etc.
    I believe Scale/Solid was 10, Beetle set was 16..kind of like Tier levels.
    If you cannot find them in Auction, shout and ask for a high level crafter to make them for you. Crafters stopped putting up armor because people were not buying them anymore.

Food and Armor does make a difference how well you survive and how fast you can kill. Especially at low levels outside of abbysea.

Recap: From the view of 2 people duo partying. This is my LVL Requirement suggestion for these Areas.

West Sarutabaruta 1-12
    Tahrongi Canyon 12-18
    Buburimu Penensala 15-20
    Valkurm Dunes 15-20
    Maze of Shakarami 15-20
    Gusgen Mines 15-30

Qufim Island 25-30
    Lower Delkfutts Tower 25-30
    Crawlers Nest 30+

Yutunga Jungle 25-30
    Yhoater Hungle 30+

In my guide one of my tips I added will help you in this situation which I will copy and paste here. It's not done but I've been working on it here and there adding stuff when I'm free.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...egy-Guide-FFXI

Copied from my guide:

Pro Strategy Tip
    Instead of moving up to higher level exp mobs, once exp starts to go down, stick with fighting the lower levels instead because you can kill these easier opposed to spending more time killing higher level ones.

Example
    If you gained 150 EXP from 1 Crawler.
    And you gained 95 EXP from 1 Mandragora.

Observe factors such as "Over the course of time" and pace.

So if it took 1 minute to kill X1 Crawler but also took you 1 minute to kill X3 Mandragoras.

That means killing X3 Mandragoras will give you 285 EXP as oppose to 150 EXP from fighting X1 Crawler. Therefore lower EXP mobs can sometimes prove to be easier and better in the long run.

Fighting something that's higher level may give you more EXP but because its harder and has more HP "over the course of time" may prove to be slower than fighting something slightly weaker and lower in experiance points.

This way of leveling will help you to gain exp without wasting so much time. Buffs from field manual will help and also 1 person sub Cor while the other sub WHM, you can get refresh at the NPC.

Buying Jesters Hat is nice to have for an occasional Cure II. It has Cure II enchantment unlike other items where you deplete charges and toss out, this one has unlimited charges with a 10 minute recast per use. Can be worn at Lv.5.

Check out my guide also as I'm making it to help new and returning players who are lost or new.

Again link is here: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...egy-Guide-FFXI

Hope that helps.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-13-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Do you have a link to that information so I can correct what I posted based on wiki, FFXIAH, bluegartr and allakhazam?

I did put Elshena group as combat, Pitaru as magic.

Also the level range at which those food can be used. Montagna and BEW are the best but i would have assumed the other foods work for lower skill ranges. Price also makes a difference. If you have a link to official info could you please post it and thanks it would definitely be appreciated.

Does this look like I argued back when someone pointed me out that I made a mistake?
    I have no links, But I can tell you that (having spent the last few days skilling up my newly leveled bard on two characters) the B.E.W definitely work at all levels.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I have no links, But I can tell you that (having spent the last few days skilling up my newly leveled bard on two characters) the B.E.W definitely work at all levels.
    Yeah I thank asymptotic for that. I didn't list rates before. Only skill up level range. Corrected it in the guide I'm working on to help anyone who is lost, new or returning.
    (0)

For what its worth Skill up Foods were originally believed to work for certain level ranges, But it now shows they work in values.

From Weakest To Strongest its

x1.2
    x1.4
    x1.6
    x1.8

Skill up Values, with Maringna/B.E.W Being the most potent in Melee/magic respectively, and Saltena/Stuffed Pitaru being the weakest.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Skill_Up_Food

Edit In from below:
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-13-2013 at 05:46 AM.

7. 07-13-2013 05:39 AM
    Reason
    Adding it to the Above post.

Player
    For what its worth Skill up Foods were originally believed to work for certain level ranges, But it now shows they work in values.

From Weakest To Strongest its

x1.2
    x1.4
    x1.6
    x1.8

Skill up Values, with Maringna/B.E.W Being the most potent in Melee/magic respectively, and Saltena/Stuffed Pitaru being the weakest.

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Skill_Up_Food
    Yeah I corrected the info in the Guide already. For what it's worth. I don't hate anyone. Including Slaxx, and several others who had debates and arguments with me. The point of debating is to learn from each other. I enjoy learning other people's point of view. Yeah I can be stubborn. We all do it when we believe in something from a personal standpoint.

You can put a glass of water on the table but not everyone will look at it from the same angle, same time, same place... Demon Justin and me argue on many topics and debate with each other endlessly. We don't hate each other.

After our debates, we get together and play some WOE and chat about other stuff in game. Opinion is just an opinion from someone else's point of view as how they see it and not you. Because we know this, we can debate passionately about the game and never let it change our friendship.
    (0)

Exactly what does the arguement between Slaxx and me have anything to do with you?

I don't even know you and you are judging me.
    I don't quite get your confusion in this matter. I'm ringing in my opinion as a bystander. I'm not judging you, I'm just letting you know, from a bystanders point of view, If you're trying to help people... continually sh*tting all over yourself as if its hurting the person you're arguing against isn't the correct method for it. You should simply state your opinion, and if someone disagrees, regardless of how head-in-a** they are, You should never stoop to that level or fly off the handle. Not saying the person you're currently arguing with is fitting this description, I'm simply saying even under adverse pressure and prejudice you should attempt to always maintain your dignity.

Your response to me alone is more than accurately portraying the issue I was trying to address. Instead of understanding what i say, You took it as some attack on your character or some kind of violent insult to you and your moms family... and it wasn't. I'm trying to address that, and the whole "Posting 7-8 Consecutive 1-sentence/half sentence posts because you're angry the guy said to take your time with posts", which I think was simply uncalled for, for what the topic was about.

Anyway, As i stated in my first post, I can see some of the logic in your arguments, I'm just trying to tell you because maybe you don't see it, but how you react to any sort of criticism isn't lending your to credibility and your entire help post could become empty and unused simply because its credited from an unreliable source due to how you act.

I personally think the guide will really help new players, but your attitude could ruin that and Thats all I'm trying to avoid happening to you. I've seen many a good player who actually have good ideas and good arguments sh*t on into obscurity and "Quack" territory because of how they respond to criticism or how they word their arguments.

Don't let it happen to you is all, You'd be surprised how quickly ones reputation and credibility can be lost and how pain staking it will ever be to earn it back, that sh*t will follow you from MMO to MMO, forum to forum if you let it get bad enough.. I've seen it happen. I know people who are avoided by folk who've never even been to a forum simply because their reputation is so bad it follows them in game and off. I know its cool to act like you don't care but I'm telling you you do not want this to happen, because I know all you want to do is help new players with most of your posts.

Do you understand now? I do not dislike you nor do i judge you unsound, I'm simply saying that I do not want to see you crash and burn like I've seen so many others when I can tell you have the best of intentions.

You can put a glass of water on the table but not everyone will look at it from the same angle, same time, same place... Demon Justin and me argue on many topics and debate with each other endlessly. We don't hate each other.

After our debates, we get together and play some WOE and chat about other stuff in game. Opinion is just an opinion from someone else's point of view as how they see it and not you. Because we know this, we can debate passionately about the game and never let it change our friendship.
    Thanks for the explanation, Hopefully you'll read this post a bit more carefully and fully understand what I'm trying to convey. I think you have a good solid bit of ideas and your guides are quite handy for many a new folk, I just don't want to see your credibility destroyed because of a few bad posts... and I'm telling you it can happen in the blink of an eye and everything you'd have worked for will crumble like a house of cards hit by a fireball.

Edit: Also always give me a few minutes to edit. I proof read a thousand times but always end up editing the "mean" out of my posts. A lot.
    (0)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-13-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Character
    Almantia
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Anyone want a cookie?
    (1)

Player
    I don't quite get your confusion in this matter. I'm ringing in my opinion as a bystander. I'm not judging you, I'm just letting you know, from a bystanders point of view, If you're trying to help people... continually sh*tting all over yourself as if its hurting the person you're arguing against isn't the correct method for it. You should simply state your opinion, and if someone disagrees, regardless of how head-in-a** they are, You should never stoop to that level or fly off the handle. Not saying the person you're currently arguing with is fitting this description, I'm simply saying even under adverse pressure and prejudice you should attempt to always maintain your dignity.

Your response to me alone is more than accurately portraying the issue I was trying to address. Instead of understanding what i say, You took it as some attack on your character or some kind of violent insult to you and your moms family... and it wasn't. I'm trying to address that, and the whole "Posting 7-8 Consecutive 1-sentence/half sentence posts because you're angry the guy said to take your time with posts", which I think was simply uncalled for, for what the topic was about.

Anyway, As i stated in my first post, I can see some of the logic in your arguments, I'm just trying to tell you because maybe you don't see it, but how you react to any sort of criticism isn't lending your to credibility and your entire help post could become empty and unused simply because its credited from an unreliable source due to how you act.

I personally think the guide will really help new players, but your attitude could ruin that and Thats all I'm trying to avoid happening to you. I've seen many a good player who actually have good ideas and good arguments sh*t on into obscurity and "Quack" territory because of how they respond to criticism or how they word their arguments.

Don't let it happen to you is all, You'd be surprised how quickly ones reputation and credibility can be lost and how pain staking it will ever be to earn it back, that sh*t will follow you from MMO to MMO, forum to forum if you let it get bad enough.. I've seen it happen. I know people who are avoided by folk who've never even been to a forum simply because their reputation is so bad it follows them in game and off. I know its cool to act like you don't care but I'm telling you you do not want this to happen, because I know all you want to do is help new players with most of your posts.

Do you understand now? I do not dislike you nor do i judge you unsound, I'm simply saying that I do not want to see you crash and burn like I've seen so many others when I can tell you have the best of intentions.

Thanks for the explanation, Hopefully you'll read this post a bit more carefully and fully understand what I'm trying to convey. I think you have a good solid bit of ideas and your guides are quite handy for many a new folk, I just don't want to see your credibility destroyed because of a few bad posts... and I'm telling you it can happen in the blink of an eye and everything you'd have worked for will crumble like a house of cards hit by a fireball.
    First and foremost, forgive me if I took your post the wrong way. I'm use to encountering people who like to spend all day debating, arguing over 1 simple comment I made that was meant to be an opinion and not a front page headline on its way to becoming a whole novel series leading us to take the main topic way off point.

2nd, my intentions on the forums is to help people. I'm tired of seeing so many players in game depressed, disappointed, lost, and have barely any hope to do anything because they simply don't know what to do, how to get help.

I'm tired of seeing players ask for help only to be turned away by those that say "you can solo it youself"

If anything, I came here to be part of the forums, write out a guide to shed some light on the many topics that people know and have forgotten. Or know in real life but didn't know how to apply everyday knowledge in game.

One of the bad things about reading rather than talking in person is that words on paper can be misunderstood. I've learned that some people who meant good wrote down words that people can take as sarcasm.

Sometimes when I see people respond to my post negative then yes I get heated. I admit that. Example like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylos View Post
    This is just bad ... it's posts like these that make SE ignore our opinions.
    I'm not here to tell people you are flat wrong, stop being you because my way is better.

Be yourself and no one else because you as an individual is one of a kind.

I try to encourage those who say they "can't" and try to show them they "can" because I really want to meet others in game that can do stuff together. Yet it's so rare to find people to do things with because many of those I've seen in game are busy trying to work on their character.

What made me come to the forums? One day I was camping Gargantua. And a ninja was roaming around. So I asked if I could join. I though he was doing the same trial as me. Find out he was popping T3 VNM. So I followed him around and offered to help him pop it with my Ki.

He said "Why you wanna help me bro?"

And I said "Because I want too."

And this was his reply..

"Oh... Usually nobody wants to help"

And this is why I came here to write out my guide for people and tell others on the server to read it.

I've just been caught up in so many debates that its been hard to write it. I'm no writer, so I spend so much time in game testing things out, trying to figure out ways to explain it on paper the correct way that yes I fell in the habit of going back and re-editing to add more detail than a simple "Go to Jeuno. Do the quest. Solo it youself."

My point is. I never came here to fight and argue with people. I came here to learn from others while at the same time offer help. When i share an opinion, i never intend to spend all day explaining myself but many arguments lead to that.

Edit:

Edit: Also always give me a few minutes to edit. I proof read a thousand times but always end up editing the "mean" out of my posts. A lot.
    Believe me I know exactly how you feel. I do the same but some people think for the worse and think I'm changing my post to counter their points of proving me wrong.

Seriously I would never do that. I think it's lame. It's not very mature. If I make a mistake, ill admit I made it. If I have to apologize. Ill do it. I don't need need to make myself look right by cheating. Truth will always set you free. Yet some people still don't get that.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-13-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast