Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RUN new SP ability

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    We will be adding the new special abilities for all jobs (which includes rune fencer and geomancer) in the version update following August's. Once we have an update on test server implementation, we'll be sure to let you know!
    An old quote, but it never got discussed in here, so what do people think RUN will get as it's new SP Abil? Also what do you actually WANT as a new SP Abil? I say that as what we want and what we get will be 2 completely different things lol.
    (1)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    2 hour that makes 1 Rune have a potency of 3 stacked Runes and eliminates cooldown timer on Rune Enchantment and Effusion actions would be a nice contrast to the strictly defensive nature of RUN's current 2 hour. Call it Rapidfire Spellblade
    (0)

Character
    Thereaper
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    since they haven't commented on it since that old post I would assume they mirror mimic pld's new SP and give them "reflect" for some amount of time(since last I heard pld's new SP is super reprisal)
    (0)
    Last edited by Reaper; 07-08-2013 at 08:47 AM.

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    New RUN SP - all attacks aimed at the rune fencer will be transformed into magical damage which are based on the runes you harbor. That's the SP I would like to see
    (0)

Character
    Nightfox
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I was thinking something like:

Omni Elemental:

Places an omni-rune on the user and surrounding party members.

Omni-Rune - grants resistance to all elements (200?), magic defense bonus (30?), and magic evasion (30?).

Range 30'

Stacks with 3 runes

Cannot be removed

Duration: 5m

Recast: 1hr
    (0)

Player
    My only hope for the second SP is that it helps a Rune Fencer's whole alliance somehow. The worst magic damage and enfeebling effects in FFXI, like the worst anything and everything, are 10'-20' AoE.

As for what's likely...

Since Elemental Sforzo mirrors Paladin's Invincible, Rune Fencer's second SP might mirror Paladin's shield whacking attack and accuracy lowering SP thingy that was on the test server for a while. That is to say: "Deals magical damage and severely lowers the enemy's magic attack and magic accuracy."
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    New RUN SP - all attacks aimed at the rune fencer will be transformed into magical damage which are based on the runes you harbor. That's the SP I would like to see
    Lol this would be interesting as it would stack with Sforzo and basically make you 100% immune to all damage for the duration.
    (0)

Necro bump, I know, but apparently we're getting this JA in the next week or so. Yet we still haven't been told what it is, nor has it gone on the test server to see how badly bugged it is.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Necro bump, I know, but apparently we're getting this JA in the next week or so. Yet we still haven't been told what it is, nor has it gone on the test server to see how badly bugged it is.
    You're using Logic again Babekeke!
    LoL

On topic: I'd like something similar to SMN's new 2hr... a chainspell type deal similarly described by Alpheus... only w/o the potency buff.
    Basically: Rune Enhancement recast = 0, effusion recast = 0.

Just think of the Gambit>Lunge shenanigans... Then maybe RUN could actually be hella useful in Delve... rather than "aw poo we don't have a drk... maybe a run? eh... w/e we're just plasm farming..." that it is now...

I'm kinda worried about how these new two hours will work... will they be a 1/1 merit? are they even still merit based???
    And if they're like the meritWSs... how will more than 1/5 work?
    We really need some hard facts about this next update.
    (0)

Character
    Amaran
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I still say if they want to add new two hour. They should make them quested via the origional NPC's that gave us our Artifacts, automaticly available to every job, or as a x/x merrit category. One merrit per ability max is "?", then folks would choose based on what they play the most.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast