Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

22 Blue & Brews Today... No Helm, No Mail.

Yes with a full TH thf. This is a little rediculous.

On the other hand, when she got dagger, brewed and proc'd TH8 this happened.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Yes with a full TH thf. This is a little rediculous.

On the other hand, when she got dagger, brewed and proc'd TH8 this happened.
    Wait am I reading this correctly? You proc Blue during blunt and got TH in also and still no mail?

I wouldn't be surprised. I'm 0/2000+ Coruscanti. Watched over 4 people get the dagger twice and a few others new to VW pulse it in my face because they don't play jobs that can make use of it. Gave up after SoA release. Pointless now to even waste time on something that requires way more effort.
    (2)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-07-2013 at 06:25 PM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yes, when I was the one brewing, I was on mnk. I burned all of my possible cruor. We got blue everytime and a TH proc everytime.
    The pic depicts the time during piercing. Bored, pissed off, and it just happened to end up as dagger.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Yes, when I was the one brewing, I was on mnk. I burned all of my possible cruor. We got blue everytime and a TH proc everytime.
    The pic depicts the time during piercing. Bored, pissed off, and it just happened to end up as dagger.
    Lol, I spent all of my VW stones, Cruor on cells, then ran out of both so I had to dedicate a couple of hours a day to raise Cruor. Then spent each day buying several Voiddust because VW stones don't replenish fast enough vs the amount of runs I did per day... Sold HMP to support buying dust...

Making it difficult is one thing, making it absurd is another especially if some of us who put in the massive amount of time, effort and resources.

I know exactly how you feel lol

You may have to sell your soul to Baphomet or Odin, carry a few tarus and push them into the riff...
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-07-2013 at 06:40 PM.

Player
    Not for nothing but, you don't really need to brew shinryu.., I mean maybe you do, I don't know what your gear is etc.

Anyway, may be a myth, or superstition, but going during different times may help. No real proof but going during blunt over and over and over and over only ever produced cloaks, but changing to ranger got me personally 3 helms and 3 mails in 4 pops.

So just something you might want to consider, or not, whatever makes you happy. (or unhappy judging by the amount of crour used).
    ((I know in the posted pic it was a piercing proc)) luck is still luck, or lack thereof.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Not for nothing but, you don't really need to brew shinryu.., I mean maybe you do, I don't know what your gear is etc.

Anyway, may be a myth, or superstition, but going during different times may help. No real proof but going during blunt over and over and over and over only ever produced cloaks, but changing to ranger got me personally 3 helms and 3 mails in 4 pops.

So just something you might want to consider, or not, whatever makes you happy. (or unhappy judging by the amount of crour used).
    ((I know in the posted pic it was a piercing proc)) luck is still luck, or lack thereof.
    I know what you are talking about. Sometimes when I have bad luck in VW or WoE, ill change over to another job and sometimes my luck will be different.

Farming also for scrolls on thief, I use to sometimes go different times of the day and get a drop within the first 2-3 kills.

As you said, it could be myth, it could be superstition just the same as crafters saying synthesis can differ in quality by facing a certain direction crafting on a certain day as well as those who say farming or hunting during a Full Moon will increase the luck of drops throughout Vana.
    (0)

I went through a phase of believing that getting the killing blow whilst facing North would increase my chances of getting the 'HQ' drops (same as the crafting compass says north for HQ synths). After going 0/22 I'd be willing to try anything lol.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I went through a phase of believing that getting the killing blow whilst facing North would increase my chances of getting the 'HQ' drops (same as the crafting compass says north for HQ synths). After going 0/22 I'd be willing to try anything lol.
    Lol yeah, I said before on another post that if you focus only on 1 item and put too much dedication it can lead to disappointment in some cases. But having a list of different things you want, you could lower the amount of tries on 1 item and spread out your focus on multiple things that can relieve the amount of stress you spend your time in game with.

Rather than try 22 times on 1 item, try 5-6 times on several. Also spread your time out rather than spend the entire day because sometimes your luck could differ.

My theory which is only an opinion is that if a rare drops, it's based on a pool. Meaning if there is a pool of 1000 items and only 1 rare item drops within the 1k pool, going back at a different time might result in a change at where the list is in place. And yes random number generator also plays a part.

For example if Mage Ballad drops 1/5 treasure. At the time you went and didn't get the drop within 1/3. Someone before you did get it and the state you started could have been at the beginning. Yet random generator offers the opportunity at chance of you getting it within the 1/5 but has to have a point in which the coding will restart the loop.

I know this is confusing and hard to believe however this is just a theory of mine based on opinion.

To relate to why I have this theory. Imagine the case in which a Notorious Monster is timed pop. If a boss takes 3 hours to repop. Would it be better to wait 3 hours in hopes that it will pop early or come back 3 hours later and try when the window of repop is open from the last time of death?

To further support this theory, imagine how many times you went to hunt for a rare such as AeroIV and got the drop instantly or within the first 2-3 kills. Either someone was not farming around that area for along time or the scroll did not drop within the window.

To prevent items from dropping several times within an hour or less. I would imagine items would be based on a set pool/ time limit/ random generator etc.

Also since computer coding is based on numbers, timers, loops, random. It cannot think like humans at free will but follow instructions.

Think of an event in real life where you are putting 2-3 pieces of candy inside an Easter egg for Easter egg hunt. Based on the amount of people at the event. The more empty Easter eggs you have the lower chance the prize will be found easily. However you would be the programmer who set the amount of prizes and decided how many empty Easter eggs would dilute the chances of people finding the reward.

Time limit and loop reset would be followed by how many times you are repeating the event. And if its meant for you to allow players to find 2-3 pieces of candy over the course of 10 events rather than 1. You are still setting a value and reset if those items were found.

Yes I also believe luck is part of the concept but other technical things on multiple factors can be hidden behind the coding and remember we are dealing with a computer and not a natural phenomenon. Again this is only my personal opinion. Myth or superstition at will.

Evidence from different events lead me to this theory. For example WoE you need to spend a certain amount of time and deal a certain amount of damage to earn points that can change the quantity of drops you qualify. When you DC and log back on before the boss is defeated, you don't qualify for any treasure. That shows there is a certain way of coding in the program for this result.

I can't imagine a random number generator would be based on an infinite value. There would have to be a set amount such as my example of 1/1k with a random generator placed on that value compared to 1/infinity. Remember all monsters in game are at different levels different drop rates etc. Treasure hunter changes the value on the rate at which you can obtain the rare drop.

Then again computers are complicated and we know they only follow the instructions of the programner who coded it.

There are other mysteries or factors that could be involved but I don't want to further complicate the point that I listed above. As no one will know the mysteries behind the coding of the developers who created their system.

If you can understand what I've written above, now imagine how the other things in game work such as the coding behind critical hit rate, treasure hunter, etc.

I would imagine mathematics is the language behind everything. And Im no expert when it comes to that lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-07-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Random number generator working as intended!
    I actually think when you made your character, it gets a hidden number... Yeah.

I personally wouldn't have wasted so much time and resource for that gear. Think its unfair though, your not alone on that.
    (1)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It took me 222 tries to get mine. Stop acting so entitled, sheesh.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast