Thread: Quick Draw II

Character
    Froggis
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Quick Draw II

After we were teased with the possibility of a third roll, I feel it is only fair for corsair to get something to increase the corsair's contribution to high end content. Of course changing rolls might leave too much to consider in regards to balance between others like GEO and BRD. Making some changes to Quick Draw would be an interesting alternative to making any phantom roll adjustments.

The idea I had in mind is adding Quick Draw IIs as a separate category with longer charge recast. To preserve balance, there would be only 1 charge. The elemental damage formula would be slightly higher, [(Gun DMG + Bullet DMG) * 3]. And instead of enhancing a debuff, the QD2 will have an effect of its own attached, which is subject to the normal QD acc calculation.

Light Shot II - Sleep II effect
    Dark Shot II - Dispel (can dispel up to 2 effects)
    Fire Shot II - Plague
    Earth Shot II - Petrification or Defense Down
    Water Shot II - Magic Defense Down
    Wind Shot II - Evasion Down
    Ice Shot II - Magic Evasion Down
    Thunder Shot II - Stun

Just some ideas for the attached debuffs, maybe there are more fitting ones. Eh? Maybe have these be part of like group 3 merits to be even more balanced. Corsairs need something fresh though please!
    ------------------------------
    Edit:
    Specifically, in Delve, jobs like COR and BRD need to offer more support than just their rolls/songs. Bards can use all sorts of cure potency gear and fast cast gear, making them the better support healer compared to Corsairs. I understand that Corsair is balanced by having a much higher damage potential than a Bard, even in Delve, but the damage is not necessarily as valuable as the support healing/hasting/status ailment removal. In fact, my linkshell has actually done Delve without Corairs and still killed NMs within 1 minute of our normal < 4min times, so Corsair's main contribution of Phantom Roll is really just underwhelming compared to a 99 Harp/Horn Bard.
    (4)
    Last edited by Froggis; 07-08-2013 at 05:42 PM.