Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    advertising to get returning players? "...and for those that loved FFXI it is still viable, why we had over 12k unique log-ins in the last week alone..."
    (2)

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by raps1355 View Post
    What is the purpose of forcing ppl to log out?
    See you have to look at it from the other direction. It's not about logging out, it's about getting people to log in to play the game.
    (0)
    it's what you learn after you know it all that counts

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'll soon be logging out and never logging back in again.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Anjou
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 60
    Personally it's just a few button presses to log out then back in. Also you don't lose prowess buffs as long as you don't zone out of wherever it is you're receiving those buffs. 4k points = four beastly shanks, is that really not worth it? Of even an egg, a wine, and a shank. That's a whole black belt for MNK's. that's really sad that they offer items like that and yet people are complaining about logging out then back in. It will not kill you to take 1-2 minutes to do it.
    (1)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    My question is how long will the points we earn be useful after the event? Like is there a time frame for claiming rewards?
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Quote Originally Posted by Anjou View Post
    4k points = four beastly shanks, is that really not worth it? Of even an egg, a wine, and a shank. That's a whole black belt for MNK's.
    Over 10, if not 20 Chlevniks and a few King Behemoths think otherwise. :b

(I still never saw a tongue; the person I was doing them for got it without me in the end... And I still need 1 or 2 belts for me. Yeah, like that will ever happen! Not without 50 log-in campaigns since I have no seals or gil to do the battle etc., etc.!)

Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    My question is how long will the points we earn be useful after the event? Like is there a time frame for claiming rewards?
    http://www.playonline.com/ff11eu/campaign/11th/login01.html

In-game items for this login campaign must be purchased within the following time frame:
    Repeat Login Campaign No. 1 Login Point Exchange Period

Wednesday, 10 July, 2013, at 3:00 p.m. (GMT)
    to Monday, 5 August, 2013, at 2:59 a.m.

* Your points will be lost if they are not exchanged within this time frame.

* You will no longer receive points once the campaign period (Wednesday, 10 July, 2013, at 4:00 p.m. to Wednesday, 31 July, 2013, at 3:59 a.m.) has ended.

* Please be aware that these points are only valid for Repeat Login Campaign No. 1.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/11th/login01.html

In-game items for this login campaign must be purchased within the following time frame:
    Repeat Login Campaign No. 1 Login Point Exchange Period

Wednesday, July 10, 2013, at 8:00 a.m. (PDT) to
    Monday, August 5, 2013, at 7:59 a.m.

* Your points will be lost if they are not exchanged within this time frame.

* You will no longer receive points once the campaign period (Wednesday, July 10, 2013, at 8:00 a.m. to Wednesday, July 31, 2013, at 7:59 a.m.) has ended.

* Please be aware that these points are only valid for Repeat Login Campaign No. 1.

I'm not quite sure if they are saying that one has to log out from just the game, or PlayOnline altogether. I'd guess logging out to the character selection screen is going to be enough.

Luckily for those who it might touch upon, one can check with the Greeter Moogle(s) to make sure!

Personally, I log out when I'm not playing, and I wish people in general would do that often. Maybe that would alleviate the stress on servers, and we could have nice things. ^^;
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

I'd just like to point out that you don't need to log out after all. Just zone.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    I'd just like to point out that you don't need to log out after all. Just zone.
    Yeah, I hit warp on my mule yesterday and when I arrived in WA at the moghouse, I got a message saying that I had obtained ten points.
    (0)

Character
    Marianka
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    How does the 4 days of maintenance this week ALL in EU play time figure into this? It would seem highly unfair (almost as unfair as scheduling "emergency" maintenance always in the same timezone)
    (3)

Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Finuve View Post
    what if we are the kind of person that never logs out
    then 10 min warning for emergency maintenance will guarantee that you do
    (2)
    Cloudius