Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Alexander is the Iron Colossus, not the Iron Giant

I don't know if it's obtainable yet, but the description for the furnishing called Copy of "Judgment Day" says this:

Furnishing: This painstakingly crafted painting depicts the fiery conflict between Odin, the Dark Rider and Alexander, the Iron Giant.

Alexander is referred to as the Iron Colossus in many cutscenes. He's never called an Iron Giant. Iron Giants are the ironclad robots in Abyssea and Legion.

Also, the epithets should be punctuacted "...Odin, the Dark Rider, and Alexander, the Iron Colossus." There's a comma missing after the word "Rider".
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    "Iron Giant" is used in the dialog of one of the Chains of Promathia events in the Mineshaft. I think they just use the words interchangeably.

After all, Odin is known alternately as "Dark Rider" and "Dark Divinity" (another epithet that started in CoP).
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Edyth,

Thanks for sharing your concern. We have updated the description to use the more common terms for both entities, which will be reflected in the early August version update.
    (0)

Looks more like steel to me.
    (0)