Player

Removal of all time limits... serious post is serious.

I'll try to keep this as short as possible, and still make the points I want to make...

Now before you read this, again, hyperbole. Don't make an argument based on the fact that I said "all" or "every" or something petty.

Square has asked us as a player base to employ different strategies than the "zerg" or "stun locking" they've asked us to take players that aren't "the best they can be" they want us to play for "entertainment" regardless of skill level...

If all this is truly what they want, why is there a time limit on everything? Surely we could take any job and any person of any skill level to an "event" and POSSIBLY win said event in a timely manner if everyone hits their cues, and for lack of a better word the run goes "flawless".

But, let's be realistic, players make mistakes. A mistake, (a missed stun) can result in a meteor going off and literally cause a wipe. This is a complete loss of more than about... 7 minutes (ish) -/+ when you only have 45 to complete a task, a loss of 1/7th of your time is quite devastating.

People try to use the best possible players, and the best possible jobs to eliminate these calamitous events from happening.

I'm reasonably certain, that if timing out became a non-issue, people would be more willing to take less than stellar players, because as it stands it's a complete waste of time and not worth the risk. Risk:reward:time is lacking.

Now you could say, "well if we remove time limits, there is going to be massive congestion". I understand but here's the solution to that: make more pop locations...

Why does Kirin only have to be popped in that ONE SPECIFIC spot? Sky is rather large. Kalasutraux for example has 6 pops... across 2 different zones... and other than disconnect issues, I can't think of how that enemy was ever "congested".

Let's take a look at something else that is timed; Nyzul. Nyzul was never overly difficult but relied entirely on luck, (deadhorse beating) people would have been (and still would be) more willing to take so called "bad jobs" if you had no time limit to climb 100 floors with luck based jumps...

A typical server has, what 3000 (ish) players online at any point in time? How many people can a zone "event" hold? Even now, I'm not really sure that there is ever more than 100 people in Cirdas_U even though that is the only thing that anyone realistically does right now.

People who do delve don't go one time, they go back to back to back essentially staying in the zone anyway... why limit the time?

What about, dynamis/limbus/salvage (things you farm specifically for money). Do you honestly think that if time was no longer an issue, that all 3000 said people would swarm to one zone of dynamis and camp there 24/7? I've spent 13 days (consistent) within abyssea, even though it has a "time limit" congestion was never an issue.

"Economy" is -not- a valid argument. There are a billion fixes for the word "economy" there is significantly less for the problems we actually have. Economy is a scapegoat for real issues.

At first things would be somewhat of a shock. Delve weapons was more of a system shock than anything. And maybe there would be a little chaos at first. To use your favorite word, things would "balance" out in short order after the initial shock wave expired.

The take away ladies and gentlemen or the "tl: dr";

I know personally, I could enjoy the game a lot more if I didn't feel rushed every second that I'm actually trying to accomplish something.
    (6)

Character
    Kaiichi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Although I can't say for sure that I like the idea, I do hate doing relic trials over the span of 2 weeks when solo. Please not that I'm talking about all 5 armor peaces not just one, and I'm not always playing on a solo friendly job. Maybe if there was a way to stack time extensions? Like the way Abyssea is.
    (0)
    Warning: You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do or say will be misunderstood, misworded, misquoted, and then used against you. For this is the law of the interwebs.

How DARE you propose content be created in a way to allow more people to enjoy a game the way they want! It's beyond preposterous.

Oh, oops. If I could like it more than once....I wouldn't stop. It makes perfect sense, to me at least.
    NNI, you can't go past F100 anyway.
    Salvage, no going back either.
    Dynamis, gets boring quick...I kind of think dynamis needs to keep it's time limit. some would farm it all day everyday to fund their college.
    Limbus, needs to be instanced before changed to this. waiting for one person to finish a basement II would be terrible.
    Garrison, j/k.
    xNM's, not a bad idea. more people could solo it on their preferred job for enjoyment.
    Legion, sounds good. everyone who has a 2h DD wants the grip which drops from the second wave only so repeats are necessary anyway.
    Delve, would need a lot of ???s. I think the time limit is fine w/ this since there's fracture.
    Fracture, like delve, I think the event is actually fine as-is. No re-entry time limit. just exit, re-enter.
    (0)