Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparthos View Post
    Frankly BRD is a luxury in Abyssea. The age of BRD making this revolutionary difference ended with Atmas, priority on anti-zerg tactics and overall ease of mobs.

It's ability to yellow !! mobs is rendered null/void when someone can sub and have all the triggers. Monsters also tend to range from being able to be thren'd with a subjob to immune, making skill irrelevant. The marches are undercut when you need triggers on mobs and are trying to slow kills not speed them up and thus your DD ability on BRD is just for fun or to show off in EXP. Nothing like putting "real" DD on their ass with Evisceration from a support job.

Pre-Abyssea no one would deny a BRD for another because it was an indispensable job that was a pocket gamechanger. The age of Abyssea has made the job a luxury as your Atmas are more than enough to get the job done.
    We have the discenment abyssite now and the math i've been shown shows that a single brd using marches alone impacts killspeed more than adding any DD. There is almost no such thing as killing a mob too fast except when the mob is too spammy to check everything quickly or i have one of those loser blu's that dont set their greelow procs ahead of time. Unless the mob dies in 30 seconds it's really not a problem and any issues with killing a mob "too fast" tend to be the result of bad greelow proccers. And so what if brd isn't a princess job anymore. It tells me that SE finally made brd halfway balanced in terms of it's contribution to a party. Cor if anything needs to be complaining(compared to brd) since they took more damage in their support role by not being as good as brd(nor having a greelow proc as a bonus) while also losing out on their DD ability until they either use dagger or finish an empy.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rog View Post
    Well yeah, but it's still not entirely true to say they don't have any crit ws.
    The job was made by design to use Great Swords and Scythes. The idea of Axe being top was killed off once by SE and yet again its ugly head has shown itself.

Yes DRK has a crit WS but ultimately the use of Rampage is a workaround that has the job using inferior weaponry simply to have a decent WS. Surely it is an oversight by SE granted they put effort into putting RampageDRK to rest just a while ago.
    (0)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Greetings, players!
    I moved this post from "General Discussion" to "Dark Knight." Thanks for your participation!
    (0)

Character
    Schatzie
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It really doesn't matter as the game is currently incomplete. It'd like me complaining that BLU sucks under level 60. We haven't reached the cap yet @99 so DRK has plenty of room to evolve. The changes to Walk of Echoes will no doubt make Quietus/Torcleaver easier to obtain and DRK will return to the status it enjoyed when people move out of Abyssea and onto whatever content spans 90-99.

Barring a huge gamechanger, DRK should return to the dogpile of DD after Abyssea somewhere in the middle. It'll never probably approach the level of great WAR but the job was designed as a hybrid and so it'll remain as such. I know alot of DRKs find the magical side as useless since it eats up DD time but its the only way to make DRK different from smashy smash WAR.

tl;dr: DRK will be glad that Abyssea is over so long as the new content doesn't emphasize spamming Atmas or crits. Cata will be useful again for self heals when the era of perma capped MP ends as well.
    I disagree, I don't think Abyssea will ever be 'over' and even as we move on to new content will still play a major influence in FFXI. I mean, you can't really just abandon something that's literally consumed the game with something new and shiny over night. Until drk gets some major perks to make it worthwhile again, it's still going to be an inferior in a sense to other jobs that can pump out the pure numbers.

Blu before 60 is really irrelevant, it has its niche, drk doesnt.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Aghast, my nemesis. . .

Curse you Baccanale!
    (0)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4