Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    This is why several people are suffering in game because its players like you with your mindset expect everyone else to follow your example and have a delve weapon for places that are not even relevant.
    No one is suffering and anyone who claims to be is doing it to themselves. If they dont want to play a certain way then they dont have to but at the same time they shouldnt complain that others wont accept them no matter what. All i see here is you saying some should put more work in but some people shouldnt and get the same benefits.
    (1)

For the record, the game would be a lot different if SE came through on all the things they stated.

I am 100% sure RME updates are coming, but I was 100% it would be a priority and would actually be coming soon.
    (1)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    For the record, the game would be a lot different if SE came through on all the things they stated.

I am 100% sure RME updates are coming, but I was 100% it would be a priority and would actually be coming soon.
    Maybe for Christmas but I wouldn't even bank on that. Considering how much of an uproar has been made across all regions I would have expected the update implemented already.

It's sad to say that R/E/M are still for now useless or a stop gap for DDs.
    (1)

Character
    Vyvian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What about the description under that? "Works on Alliance members outside party"

Just these 2 points alone makes this Mythic weapon worth getting.
    Regarding misleading statements, this is probably huge. Posting information this way will cause people to draw 1 of 2 incorrect conclusions.

First, that you cannot normally use Divine Veil on any party but your own. Second, it will make people somehow draw an inaccurate conclusion that you get super aoe that breaks party limits and hits the entire alliance. Neither statement is accurate. A level 50 WHM with nothing special can divine seal, and status fix any party outside of their own (even those NOT in alliance), and it will aoe that target's whole party if they are in range. Also, having yagrush doesn't allow the spell to break the party aoe limits. It's also additionally misleading because people will draw a conclusion that they can somehow erase an entire alliance, which isn't possible because you can't erase outside of your own party.
    (2)
    MNK99 WHM99 DNC99 BRD99
    Sylph - Vyvian Bastok Rank 10

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyvian View Post
    Regarding misleading statements, this is probably huge. Posting information this way will cause people to draw 1 of 2 incorrect conclusions.

First, that you cannot normally use Divine Veil on any party but your own. Second, it will make people somehow draw an inaccurate conclusion that you get super aoe that breaks party limits and hits the entire alliance. Neither statement is accurate. A level 50 WHM with nothing special can divine seal, and status fix any party outside of their own (even those NOT in alliance), and it will aoe that target's whole party if they are in range. Also, having yagrush doesn't allow the spell to break the party aoe limits. It's also additionally misleading because people will draw a conclusion that they can somehow erase an entire alliance, which isn't possible because you can't erase outside of your own party.
    Yes Divine seal is limited to only party. But the weapon itself is different.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/18993/yagrush
    http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Yagrush_(95)
    http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?fitem=12349

Unless SE changed it? Then I would have assumed all other websites and posts would have corrected the info. However It would be helpful if someone could add the information here to clarify this.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-03-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    Advocating fulltiming one staff on a mage job is nonsense though. At least if you're serious about a job and want to maximize the effect of your spells as well as being as efficient as possible. Hvergelmir will do nothing for your spells, or make you cast faster or lower your recast timer. That's not an opinion, that's a fact.

Equipping it and using an icarus wing to regain mp in an oshit situation is an option, I'll give you that. It's not one I'd use myself (never been necessary), nor would I recommend making the staff for that reason alone. But if you already have the staff or want to make one anyway, sure, nothing wrong with keeping a wing in your inventory if you have room for it.
    Also sorry to bring this back up however I have to clear this up between you and me and the rest of the people who have been reading our debate.

Hvelgamir and using TP to use the Weaponskill Myrkr is the same as DD equipping a weapon and not switching to other weapons because of TP correct?

When I said I equipped it full time, I did not intend to carelessly say that I mean I wear this the entire time. If you go back and read some of my quick replies during the debate there is evidence that I said unless Im switching over for Embrava.

What i really meant is that because Scholar regain TP from adloquium, this is the reason why I have to equip hvelgamir full time. And to clear things up I mean full time during the TP regain process.

And because I never DD as a mage class. I heavily relied on Adloquium.

Im not here to continue our debate, I just wanted to clear that up before I ended my post.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-03-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It doesn't matter what example I used. It's the fact that people are misleading others to believe that REM is absolutely useless therefore encouraging others not to dedicate time into getting these or other equipment out there in other contents when they are still relevant and needed.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Thank you for that.

I don't know man...I'm still trying to figure out if you are really serious with all of this bullsh*t.

At this point, I think you have to be either Trolling HARD (Kudos), oblivious to reality, or a member of the dev team (synonymous with "oblivious to reality").
    (2)
    Last edited by Nebo; 07-03-2013 at 08:14 PM.

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Adloquium allows you to use Myrkr once every 300 seconds for 20% of your MP, at the cost of the spell being cast 1.67 times (-75mp) or Perpetunce'd (-45mp). Assume you have 1500 MP in a Myrkr set, you recover 300 MP per WS, so we gained 255MP if we used Perpetuance.

So Myrkr is worth 0.85 MP/second and idling in Owleyes/Genbu's or Terra's/Oneiros is worth 1 MP/second. And none of this matters anyway because if SCH is healing then it will have MP support via COR or BRD, or it's a Regen V mule / perpetuance haste mule, or you're killing EPs and you're not running out of MP anyway and you might as well be meleeing so you don't get bored. If SCH is not healing, then SCH is kiting a turtle in Legion or idling in Apamajas II + Stun gear and spamming Stun every 5 seconds and not running out of MP.

Since Myrkr scales lineraly it's never worth more than 0.85/second when relying on perpetuanced Adloquium with 1500 MP. You could maintain Adloquium and idle Chrysopeia Torque (drains 1 TP/tic for 1 MP/tic) for a better MP return than Myrkr and still have the freedom to change staves for increased cure potency, magic accuracy, potency, etc on your spells or -20% PDT. If you drop perpetuance because SCH has a million better things to do than use it on Perpetuance Adloquium, then you need 1875 MP before it's even with a refresh Idle. (SCH also has the option of Numen Staff + Oneiros grip for 2 MP/tic in the weapon/sub slots, but that's a bit more situational)

In other words, you're an uneducated player and you should go read up on game mechanics before you expect anyone to take you seriously.
    (8)
    Last edited by Asymptotic; 07-03-2013 at 08:20 AM.

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Hvelgamir and using TP to use the Weaponskill Myrkr is the same as DD equipping a weapon and not switching to other weapons because of TP correct?
    Incorrect.

1. A mage is not a DD.
    2. Unlike a DD, a Mage does not need TP to perform its role effectively.
    3. A mage needs to constantly swap weapons to perform its role effectively, so it should not have TP if performing said role effectively.

IF SE wanted mages to use TP as a part of their everyday life, this is a serious design flaw.
    (3)
    Last edited by Nebo; 07-03-2013 at 08:16 PM.

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    People are saying form your own party and kill nm's or plasma farm as if its the easiest thing in the world, many of these nm's require a certain strag to win, not been invited to and nm win most of us have no idea what that is or even where mobs spawn or how to pop them.
    Secondly not anyone can just go plasma farm, from what i have picked up so far you need 100k bayld, fame level 2, 3 better and complete a quest, then use your 100k bayld to buy a 1 time use ki to enter a wildskeeper skirmish or some thing like that, defeat a nm that takes dozens of people and if you fail you just lost your 100k bayld but if you win you get a different ki that allows you enter a fractur to farm plasma.

I think i got most of that right, but if anyone know better please advise, also do you then need to buy anything to enter the fractur or can you just enter as often as you like free?.

I spent last weekend getting fame and farming the 100k bayld and doing the quest but i'm a bit afraid of buying the 100k ki and then looseing it as i don't know what to do
    (0)

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast