Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Player

Your actions are making the entire FFXI community suffer

No devs and community representatives this is not about you ^^. You can sit this one out and enjoy your coffee.

Hey Guys this is a repost of a reply i put on another thread that I believe is important to be made a main post. You are more than welcome to criticize me on my point of view as I know there will be a huge debate regardless. But my points need to be noticed not for me, but for you and everyone else who are suffering right now in game because of this ripple effect of negativity going on.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post

Daemons guide is cool, but everyone can't play WHM and most would rather not.
    Before I begin Frankie Im only using your comments to write mine out and in no way attacking you. This post is written out for everyone to read.

I just want to point out something. I never suggested anyone play WHM. Rather than list every single gear set, I only listed Orvail as an example of how Adoulin gear is powerful and relevant to Adoulin content rather than players skipping it trying to show up in delve gimped with Af3.

My guide is not complete and Ive been adding stuff on a daily basis, however I will go back and add more to the first post later when i have time.

Seekers of Adoulin is high level no? Then wouldn't common sense tell you that gear you obtain from Adoulin be made relevant for the zones that were implemented so you can explore the new areas easier? If it wasn't made for that purpose then it wouldn't be there in the first place. It would be under Auction House.

Whether you are playing DD or any job, I stated in my guide that Adoulin gear corrects the issue on Accuracy etc.

Ive noticed people try to make arguments with me when ive already included detailed answers and reasons for the tips i posted. You are clearly not reading over them carefully and It shows when you state things that contradicts the purpose of my advice written when i know i put the answer there for you.

My guide is not wiki, it's not meant for anyone to skip details or quickly glance at it and if its info you already know then this guide obviously wasn't made for you. Read over it carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I agree Delve is easy to do, at least the Plasm farming part. Only the 3 Fracture Boss fights favor large LS, because SE wanted to give something for that contingent. Everything else has begun being adopted by the player community. More and more people are getting their Delve KIs every day. Daemon has made exhaustive threads detailing how this can be accomplished, and there is a lot of good stuff in them.
    Thank you for seeing the true side of my guide and thanks for being supportive. Do know that i am reading over posts and seeing so many complaints that I know as fact are irrelevant because you are dealing with a person who has many years of experience in FFXI, have trained and learned many things that people dont know the answer to. Some of you may not like the answers i give you, but that doesnt change the fact that ive given you a solution to the problem. And im not the only person in game to have all this knowledge, Several Veteran players on my server even spoke with me about how nice i am for taking the time to do this for those who are still learning. And they too agree with all of my points and find that my guide can help.

Many of you complain that us high level players dont help anyone anymore. Some have even insisted and insulted me by slapping me with the title "Elitist" without even knowing me. Im giving you the most powerful tool beyond just 1 person helping you for 1 thing in game. Sacrificing almost all of my game time to help the entire community here on the forums. Im covering all the things that you need to know and have done by the time you reach to us who are out there playing end game content.

The difference compared to other sites and wiki, You dont need to find out at the moment and be lost not knowing what to do and waste time. Im showing you all of the things that matter and gathering them in 1 post rather than you be lost. Im also giving you clear walkthroughs on certain details to help you accomplish your goal the fastest way possible. And im being more than modest by responding to your questions to help you giving you way more attention than any dev or community rep has given all of you.

As for the Higher Tier Notorious Monsters, Several People are not listening. All other content is still relevant and needed in order to accomplish wins for these bosses.

Take for example Kurma, even with 500+ Enfeebling magic, +25 INT from INT Gain spell for having 500+ Enhancing, Delve weapon or gear with high Magic Accuracy, Spells still get resisted at about 99%(Note this is not 100% fact to everyone as your build, race or stats maybe different however the resist rate is extremely high). Therefore other jobs with Max Skills and certain abilities are combined to achieve the obstacle of getting resisted. But they too need to have those gear sets, and Maxed skills which Ive stressed so much in my guide already. I gave you the way. Its up to all of you to take the time and analyze my advice, use it, then once you have done everything ive written and if it doesnt work, then make arguements with me that it didnt. Not because its not fun.

If i put up an article in my guide, it has a valuable purpose. Im not here to waste my time or anyone elses. Im just trying to help you learn the game beyond what some of you only want to see and its very narrowminded so far from the many comments ive read.

And devs most likely know this too and thats why you may feel you are being ignored by them because you cant argue with people who create a game and implement things knowing they have to test it out and make sure that there are no errors, and that there are ways to accomplish defeating the challenge they created before implementing it.

The devs can keep adding in content, make adjustments based on player reactions, but they cannot play the game for you and teach you how to win the challenge they set for you. Otherwise whats the point? The content is there, The items are there, its up to you people to decide if you want to team up and work together in obtaining whats needed. This is why I wrote out a detailed article on Networking. Seriously read it, the way you play the game will totally change if you follow it.

Its not that the content is irrelevant, Its that you people are making it irrelevant by giving up and spreading false information to others motivating and giving others reasons to believe you that it is all because you can't do it.

Again, my post is not directly attacking you or anyone on a personal level, but to those who dont want to see the brightside of things and listen to someone who is trying to help you overcome your problems, why are you still here then? RPG games are not meant to be easy. They are meant for you to study and learn new things, take time in achieving certain power. And yes you need to educate yourself on several topics that are the same things you learn in the real world and even in college.

I cant make the game fun for you, I can only show you how you can accomplish what you wanted to do faster, more effectively and save time however, there should not be any reason to ignore valuable information that can help you achieve power.

Several of you who refuse to listen or take the time to read my guide, follow it and to those who decide they want to come to my post and give me negative snap judgment remarks and poor excuses, you are only showing me that im doing way more things for you than you are doing for yourself, and i dont even know you.

Here is one example of why im pouring out my sweat and blood into this guide for you. I can deal up to 13k damage DDing with scholar doing selfskillchain darkness on Megamaw Mikey and everytime i have a good swarm of players spam checking to see my equipment yet they are not understanding why i can do it with the gear i have on. Im trying to show you how several small details that can add up to greater outcomes makes a difference so you can improve your WS and your character and start learning the true power of your jobs to the fulliest. If i had a magic wand that could give you all the power in a single wave I would but certain power requires alot of work. From gear thats implemented to knowledge of knowing what items, buffs, jobs to help you, and the way you build on top of that is how you reach these accomplishments.

For the time being yes Im only covering basics, but the "hidden" purpose you are not seeing throughout the entire guide is that im trying to teach you, advise you correctly, and help you on how to pay attention to small details because at the end when you follow these tips, the overall outcome of your power will be different than a person who only looked at a gear set posted on FFXIAH and think that just having that matters.

And if you do not take the time to even learn the basics down to every possible detail first, then you will never get it.

This is why when I saw the Dev say that these bosses can be defeated in 15 minutes with the proper gear, strategy, party setup and jobs that if you cant do it, you may need to go back and work on these things, I know exactly what they are talking about. Rather seeing defeat and learning from it and just ending it because you "Think" you can't, try looking at other peoples comments, read and learn from others who are trying to tell you its possible. We are not making these things up to give you some kind of false hope.

Friends? You cannot expect to join any party assuming that everyone in that party is your best friend. Its your job to make friends and get to know people on a personal level so you can do stuff together more frequently. Most of the parties you see are based on a circle of friends who already know each other in game or beyond the game. And this is one of the reasons why you are not getting invited. Again stressing it more than i should have to: READ MY NETWORKING GUIDE.

As for REM, they are still good and can serve different purposes allowing you to do different things that Delve weapons cannot. Whats blinding all of you is that you are so narrow minded on only seeing the damage and stats. And only caring how much damage you can do with a "Merit weaponskill."

Here is the perfect example of your narrowminded judgment.

Yagrush
    (Club) All Races
    DMG: 74 Delay: 267 Magic Accuracy +25
    Enhances "Divine Veil" effect
    Enhances "Divine Benison" effect III
    "Mystic Boon"
    Aftermath: Increases Acc./Magic Acc.
    Occasionally attacks twice or thrice
    Lv. 99 WHM

Damage Per Second: 16.63
    TP Per Hit: 7%
    Enhances "Divine Veil" effect
    Spells have the Divine Veil effect without Divine Seal being active.
    Works on alliance members outside party.
    Enhances "Divine Benison" effect III

Hidden Effect
    Increases Mystic Boon damage by 30%.

Noticed the bold letters? Spells have the Divine Veil effect without Divine Seal Active?

What about the description under that? "Works on Alliance members outside party"

Just these 2 points alone makes this Mythic weapon worth getting.

Even mystic boon alone is powerful, yet you are given an increase of 30% more damage so you can gain more mp back. Do you really want to waste all that time making an accuracy path delve weapon when you can have this with +25 Magic Accuracy and other beneficial stats that offers more?Yeah sure Delve weapon can be earned faster, but then once you get this, you most likely wont even bother making the effort to quest anything else.

And when ever do you see a WHM get hired to DD?

Need i say more??

So for those of you saying REM is worthless, I just proved that your statement is irrelevant and misleading. And this is why earlier i said that your actions effect the entire community and once a negative idea floats in the air, people feed on to it like fire and then everyone starts assuming that these statements are fact, and now motivation of other players are ruined and thats why everyone is sitting in town bored all day fretting, complaining and harassing the devs over negative information that is not true only to serve yourself and others around you a purpose to not get anything done at all. While at the same time encouraging others to believe your false statements through /yell in town rather than be responsible and have respect to those who do not see your points as valid.

Now that ive shown you the importance of paying attention to small details, lets see you go back and re-observe the other items from different content and then come back and complain.
    (10)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 02:16 AM.

Player
    To better support my 1st post with more examples of why i said your actions are effecting everyone else on the server.

"All other content is now irrelevant because of delve...."

Kirin's Pole from Sky
    (Staff) All Races
    DMG: 60 Delay: 402 HP +20 MP +20 INT +10
    MND +10 +15 +15 +15 +15
    +15 +15 +15 +15
    Lv. 75 MNK / WHM / BLM / PLD / DRG / SMN / SCH / GEO

Enhancing +12 Augment?

Spurrina coif from Legion
    [Head] All Races
    DEF: 35 MP +60 INT +8 MND +10
    "Magic Accuracy" +10
    Lv. 99 BLM / RDM / SMN / BLU / SCH

+2 Refesh Augment on a hat for BLM?

Hyaline Hat from Voidwatch

[Head] All Races
    DEF:37 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15
    Magic Accuracy+10
    Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
    Enmity-6
    Lv. 99 WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD / SMN / SCH
    Enhances Fast Cast Effect
    Spellcasting time -10%
    Spell recast time -5%

-10 Spellcasting?

Need I add more? Because i'm sure people will agree that Skadi boots from Salvage for BST is nice...

"You cannot do delve without a delve weapon"

Really now? So how did everyone do delve when it first came out? So REM made no difference? What about Merit Weapon skills? VW gear? Auction house HQ weapons? So you are saying absolutely no one with a delve weapon is willing to team up with you and help you do some bosses? Because ive been hired by a few people to play RDM for enfeebling magic. And its nice to be noticed that if you are well geared and can accomplish a goal people need help with, you have the ability to meet other people and have fun make use of your hardworking efforts of the job you put massive amounts of time gearing up. And im sure there are many DDs with a huge power Ego wanting to show off thier new massive amounts of damage they can deal.

No one does Reives anymore therefore we cannot earn our Adoulin gear....

So you dont know how to shout for people? Or ask people in LS? No friends on your list? Are you that new because if you are doing Adoulin content id imagine you would be 99 by now with atleast some friends and should have some people you know by then unless you FC to 99 in half a day on a new account which i highly doubt because you'd still have to do limit breaks...

Its this type of false information and negativity that is spreading across the FFXI community servers that is encouraging players to stop doing all other content.
    (6)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 03:42 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Sorry to knock your soap boxing a little but some of these points are just weak at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Kirin's Pole from Sky
    (Staff) All Races
    DMG: 60 Delay: 402 HP +20 MP +20 INT +10
    MND +10 +15 +15 +15 +15
    +15 +15 +15 +15
    Lv. 75 MNK / WHM / BLM / PLD / DRG / SMN / SCH / GEO

Enhancing +12 Augment?
    Great if you're maximizing your SCH Embrava set. Also Summoning Skill path for SMN maximizing their skill builds. If neither of those apply this isn't needed.

Spurrina coif from Legion
    [Head] All Races
    DEF: 35 MP +60 INT +8 MND +10
    "Magic Accuracy" +10
    Lv. 99 BLM / RDM / SMN / BLU / SCH

+2 Refesh Augment on a hat for BLM?
    Assuming there is even a BLM at X event then you're also looking at Refresh/2, Evoker's Roll, and Ballads just for refresh type effects. I'm not even talking gear yet, oh and did you know even without all this refresh gear a BLM will still hit the enmity cap before they blow their MP if they were to try and blow through their MP.

Outside of a nice idle piece it's far from must have.

Hyaline Hat from Voidwatch

[Head] All Races
    DEF:37 INT+15 MND+15 CHR+15
    Magic Accuracy+10
    Enhances "Fast Cast" effect
    Enmity-6
    Lv. 99 WHM / BLM / RDM / BRD / SMN / SCH
    Enhances Fast Cast Effect
    Spellcasting time -10%
    Spell recast time -5%

-10 Spellcasting?
    That's amazing if you never got Nares Cap or have no means of getting Nahtirah Hat.

I get the point you're trying to make but it's falling on deaf ears because the only people who care about that are the ones who'd rather sit and cry than get off their butt and create groups that will be sub optimal for a while until getting said better gear though a lot of trial and error if they refuse to go through the poorly designed linear progression SE has made.

"You cannot do delve without a delve weapon"

Really now? So how did everyone do delve when it first came out? So REM made no difference? What about Merit Weapon skills? VW gear? Auction house HQ weapons?
    Never seen this being stated. I have however seen many times where people state that using Delve Weapons allows for better runs and creates a larger margin for error. Both of which are true.

No one does Reives anymore therefore we cannot earn our Adoulin gear....

So you dont know how to shout for people? Or ask people in LS? No friends on your list? Are you that new because if you are doing Adoulin content id imagine you would be 99 by now with atleast some friends and should have some people you know by then unless you FC to 99 in half a day on a new account which i highly doubt because you'd still have to do limit breaks...
    Again falling on deaf ears because the people who cry about this aren't going to lead groups.

Its this type of false information and negativity that is spreading across the FFXI community servers that is encouraging players to stop doing all other content.
    Maybe there's so much false information because people choose to interpret instead of read what others say. Maybe it's there because people just don't want to accept their own short comings, take responsibility for them, and then do something about it.

I have yet to see where people discourage players from doing content they are ready to take on. I mean are there players who're sitting there in Teal/Perle/Aurore honestly expecting to take on say Delve content and not be told no?
    (4)

Player
    Someone come in here and TL : DR sum this up.

My eyes bleed when I read that much wrong/butthurt/whining.

I'm sure more than half is filler.
    (18)

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I dont think it's misinformation but rather just people leveling with themselves (not in a RPG way) that they have to look at what they can achieve in this game, what it'll take and most importantly how much time it will take. I'm fortunate enough to have quite a bit of time set aside for when I want to play when I decide to play. Other people however have other things/responsibilities to attend to.

Many people just aren't gonna bother to put the effort in to do all the events that came before Delve only to simply be exactly right where they started (read: without a Delve KI or Mega Boss win). Also 2/3rds of the equips you listed on your second post aren't what I would consider easy to get. Only soloable thing is the Kirin's pole. The refresh hat you need a Legion group, you need to know someone who can craft, you need to hope the synth HQs and you need the gil to pay the guy/pay for the materials. Hyaline Hat isnt spammable unless you and and 5 other people are at the point you can 6man it with displacers AND have enough to cruor to circumvent the preceding 3 fights on top of hoping the random loot pool loads your hat.

And suppose you do find people down to do those kinds of things with you, it then becomes a choice to them of doing the above events or doing Delve and it brings us right back around to another instance of cost benefit analysis with everyone's favorite limited resource: time. Of which we all have varying degrees of it to spend on top of various thresholds of how much we're willing to spend on a given in-game activity. While true SE shouldn't design every aspect of the game around such a thing, they should at least show some cognizance of it when designing things because it would at least show that they know who their customers are.
    (5)
    Last edited by Alpheus; 07-02-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Sorry to knock your soap boxing a little but some of these points are just weak at best.

Great if you're maximizing your SCH Embrava set. Also Summoning Skill path for SMN maximizing their skill builds. If neither of those apply this isn't needed.

People still play Scholar, in fact its still used in NNI climbs and Delve are choosing Scholar over Whm is many occasions as not only can Scholar keep up MP better with Max merits into Sublimation, but also can equip Hvelgamir and raise TP with Adloquium. By the time MP does run low, even without a bard, Sublimation does a good job but then you still have convert and Embrava is highly used now for its Regen + Regen V Stack and Haste.

Assuming there is even a BLM at X event then you're also looking at Refresh/2, Evoker's Roll, and Ballads just for refresh type effects. I'm not even talking gear yet, oh and did you know even without all this refresh gear a BLM will still hit the enmity cap before they blow their MP if they were to try and blow through their MP.

Well next update will adjust elemental magic, I also read a post of someone building a team of BLM with meteor doing over 50k damage. I wonder how it will be after the update?

Outside of a nice idle piece it's far from must have.

That's amazing if you never got Nares Cap or have no means of getting Nahtirah Hat.

You seem to be making these points as if everyone is on the same level. If people are struggling to even get into delve plasm farming, then your points seem like you are trying to promote other content as irrelevant with these examples. And this is why lower levels are starting to believe that other content is irrelevant by advice as this

I get the point you're trying to make but it's falling on deaf ears because the only people who care about that are the ones who'd rather sit and cry than get off their butt and create groups that will be sub optimal for a while until getting said better gear though a lot of trial and error if they refuse to go through the poorly designed linear progression SE has made.

And Ive seen people complaining that advance players offer no help to the lower levels or people who are not as advance..

Never seen this being stated. I have however seen many times where people state that using Delve Weapons allows for better runs and creates a larger margin for error. Both of which are true.

Ive seen it alot in town and in abby. People talk about this in parties right now.

Again falling on deaf ears because the people who cry about this aren't going to lead groups.

And thats the biggest problem we have, instead of encouraging others to be positive its just best to leave them alone with these issues so they can rage quit and describe how horrible their experience was on FFXI. All because no one was willing to take the initiative to state problems they see and help offer solutions and advice on how to defeat their dissappointments?

Maybe there's so much false information because people choose to interpret instead of read what others say. Maybe it's there because people just don't want to accept their own short comings, take responsibility for them, and then do something about it.

So my points are invalid becaues i may fall into your example of people choosing to interpret instead of reading what others say? Watching people in town endlessly giving advice to others that REM is now totally useless? I didnt create this post without reason.

I have yet to see where people discourage players from doing content they are ready to take on. I mean are there players who're sitting there in Teal/Perle/Aurore honestly expecting to take on say Delve content and not be told no?
    I see it all the time, maybe its because we are on totally different servers?

You are not knocking my box of soap in any way.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Someone come in here and TL : DR sum this up.

My eyes bleed when I read that much wrong/butthurt/whining.

I'm sure more than half is filler.
    Lol im not whining, if you read my post im addressing those who are making complaints.
    (1)

Player
    There is entirely too many words, Not even going to lie. I'm not going to use my entire allotment of internet reading on your single post...

You might have some valid points, you might not, most will never read that...
    (14)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    There is entirely too many words, Not even going to lie. I'm not going to use my entire allotment of internet reading on your single post...

You might have some valid points, you might not, most will never read that...
    Yeah cuz reading takes actual work.
    (3)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I see it all the time, maybe its because we are on totally different servers?

You are not knocking my box of soap in any way.
    While people still use SCH in NNI it's not for Embrava anymore. If you feel the need for that haste in NNI you bring a BRD/SMN at least people who research do. Marches can get the same haste as Embrava except for the whole run. The regen from Embrava was awesome when you could do a run with 2 SCHs and effectively have it for the 30 minutes when you get 3-6 minutes worth it isn't worth as much as it once was.

To put this more into practical terms I'll actually quantify exactly what that 12 enhancing skill gives or rather would potentially give at maximum benefit.

Regen +1 to 2 (depends on rounding from other gear)
    Haste 0 to 1 (depends on if this pushes to a divisible by 20 tier)
    Refresh 0 to 1 (depends on if this pushes to a divisible by 100 tier)

There's also the small detail that a SCH can actually hit 500 skill without the staff. Some annoying gear to get but hey if you're dedicated to maximizing your SCH chances are you have that gear.

As to the elemental magic update how exactly does that answer the question of enmity cap? It doesn't not only does it not answer that question it reduces the need for MP restoring gear/effects because MP costs are being reduced while enmity is ignored. Oh and Meteor isn't getting affected at all by that update so if it's doing 50k now it'll do 50k afterward.

How is pointing out a drop from NNI make NNI irrelevant? I can see how you think pointing out Nahtirah Hat would make VW and NNI irrelevant. However I pointed out the NNI head because that's something you can obtain with 6 people can you take down PW with 6 people who aren't decked out in Delve gear (even then I have my doubts)?

Delve being impossible without Delve weapons talk must be something exclusive to your server then because like I said never in the context you pointed out, then again maybe you're interpreting when someone shouts for a Delve DD or talks about a Delve DD is better than a non Delve DD as that meaning they're saying it's impossible otherwise then that's on you and not them.

You have no idea how many times I've tried to tell people they should do X, Y, Z first in game or on these forums only to be told to the effect that they shouldn't have to do old content to participate in the new content. Like I said falling on deaf ears.

R/E/M in general when you actually consider the context of their relevance (you know endgame) are currently useless besides horn/harp/shields/yagrush/gun/bow. R/E/M were never needed to clear any content they simply made it easier, even now they aren't needed and in a few cases are still useful. I can't help if people ask the wrong people for advice or are too sensitive when asking people who are blunt and matter of fact in their responses.

I would love an example of a player who was actually ready gear wise to take on delve outside NMs or plasm farming and was then rejected by multiple people. I'd also like to see where said person(s) then shouted to make their own group and never got anywhere beyond 1/18. I have a strong feeling you won't be able to provide that example.
    (2)

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast