Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    And you know this as 100% fact? So you've gone out and tried every possible party setup with every person with the best high end gear and are able to come to the conclusion that you know this is 100% fact.
    I do actually.

The developers themselves said that not everyone is supposed to beat them.

AND that you are supposed to have () delve gear to be able to kill them.
    (4)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Again this is the perfect example. You are only focusing on how much plasm and items can be obtained in the time limit rather putting people first and caring about enjoying the time playing with others and learning new things with different people.
    I think the problem is that you are expecting other people to share your definition of fun.

It is also pretty clear that in FFXI, your definition of fun is the minority with most people that form groups.

Now...if the game had its own group-finder where everyone could just link up and try whatever and be all chill about it, that would go long way for people who are not leaders to have fun.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nebo; 07-02-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Again this is the perfect example. You are only focusing on how much plasm and items can be obtained in the time limit rather putting people first and caring about enjoying the time playing with others and learning new things with different people.
    Because I was going off the point of view of players who're after the most plasm/airlixirs, that's why I started with "that's what some people find enjoyable".

By the way did you notice how non descriptive the Volatile Matamata setup is? Did you notice how it only has 6 slots taken up? How about how I pointed out good by pre SoA standards?

I ask all these questions not hoping you'll answer them but hoping you realize that setup not only is a better option for those after maximizing plasm/airlixirs it's also perfect for people who're open to bringing different jobs that may not be the typical cookie cutter defacto options for fracture farming.
    (2)

Player
    Plasm wasn't designed to be heavily focused so you can achieve your goal fastest way possible, it was designed so that everyone could enjoy obtaining some as a group and everyone accomplish their goals together as a team regardless of how long the process takes, yet people rather use statistics above people and this what's separating everyone from the game that was made so everyone could help each other out at all levels. But today it's all about "Me" and how I. Can race past others quickly as possible so "I" can be the best.
    (1)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Plasm wasn't designed to be heavily focused so you can achieve your goal fastest way possible, it was designed so that everyone could enjoy obtaining some as a group and everyone accomplish their goals together as a team regardless of how long the process takes
    And you know this 100%? as 100% FACT!?

Daemon, muh Brutha. You aren't going to get very far with this.

You and your LS do what is fun for you guys and that's cool. But you are expecting other people to define fun the way you do and getting pissed because they don't.

That is wrong...and it's not even the problem causing the issues you are upset about.

You just don't see it.
    (5)
    Last edited by Nebo; 07-02-2013 at 03:54 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    I do actually.

The developers themselves said that not everyone is supposed to beat them.

AND that you are supposed to have () delve gear to be able to kill them.
    And it's because you are stating this it gives others the reason to incorporate your information into all other parts of the game. So it's best to continue to discrimate those who dedicated so much effort and time into to their jobs all because people don't want to waste time getting less items and plasm because that's more important.

Even back in the old HNM LS days rather than limiting thier parties to 18 man alliances, they chose to include more people by having them stand on the side to quickly rep those who have fallen. However it's understood that this will not work in areas such as fractures, VW ETC however what is stopping those from doing this in outside NM pop zones?

I've done VW bosses with 3 people compared to 18, displacers were added so low man groups could participate when there's not a lot of people willing to join these groups.

People still today think Redmage Chainspell is useless but many people who have invited me to do it have changed their thoughts on what they believed was fact from listening to others making misinformative statements without actually knowing the truth.

You may need highest hardcore standards for higher Tier bosses in Delve but that doesn't mean you need them for the lower ones.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    And it's because you are stating this it gives others the reason to incorporate your information into all other parts of the game. So it's best to continue to discrimate those who dedicated so much effort and time into to their jobs all because people don't want to waste time getting less items and plasm
    You are right. But it's not me that said these things. It was Matsui.

Even back in the old HNM LS days rather than limiting thier parties to 18 man alliances, they chose to include more people by having them stand on the side to quickly rep those who have fallen. However it's understood that this will not work in areas such as fractures, VW ETC however what is stopping those from doing this in outside NM pop zones?
    Edit:

Oh, I see you are talking about T1-5NMs? That's probably because of the 20 minute time limit, it's easy to fight them next to a bivouac and Home Point => return if you die, and people outside the alliance don't get the KI - Which is generally the only reason that groups who cannot kill them with 18 or less in a matter of minutes kill ouside NMs

There's really no point to doing it that way.

You may need highest hardcore standards for higher Tier bosses in Delve but that doesn't mean you need them for the lower ones.
    The post you referred to was talking about delve fracture bosses, not the tier 1-5 NMs.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nebo; 07-02-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Player
    And you know this 100%? as 100% FACT!?

Daemon, muh Brutha. You aren't going to get very far with this.

You and your LS do what is fun for you guys and that's cool. But you are expecting other people to define fun the way you do and getting pissed because they don't.

That is wrong...and it's not even the problem causing the issues you are upset about.

You just don't see it.
    I'm not talking about Delve although this is starting to shift the topic into another Delve conversation. I'm talking about people "Could" be open minded to trying other things and include others if people were not so heavily focused on statistics all because they only "know what works"

I use to have the same mindset until I joined my JP LS and learned that regardless of how you party with certain jobs. There are different strategies and ways to accomplish the same goal.

To earn 30k plasm can be done in a few delve runs if the group is netting 9k per run, that's only 3 1/2 Delve runs so it can be done in just a few hours.

Why should it matter that you earn this is a few hours and leave everybody else out? Especially knowing that it can be accomplished so quickly compared to those who have to spend so much time earning REM?

Again this is my point on how "Your actions effect the entire community"

Since when ever did we play NMs only for the items and not for the fun of if? Isn't that the point of the every game? To have fun?

I assure you I am not complaining. I already have the privilege to play T5 bosses. But again this is not about me but for you and everyone else in game that is or can be effected. I'm just stepping up to point out what I see.

Rather than continue to see these rants about how people don't want to team up anymore, or people having unreasonable high standards for things that are not even necessary.

Then there's loss of motivation, some rage quitting or losing interest in the game itself blaming the game mechanics and flaws and absolutely no one pointing out anything about players actions and how reactions define the mechanics itself.

FF 14 around the corner, im wondering how much of the server is going to be left after a good portion quits and moves over for such huge disappointments that the playerbase has become fed up with the actions of others? How their experiance in FF11 was ruined by selfishness, greed, boredom.

It's not the game that's the problem, it's us as a community not taking a closer look at how we can all make the game better by our actions and make better decisions for the rest of us.

No matter what game you play, we all make an impact on each other. We allow certain aspects of the game to change us and define how we choose to play but that doesn't give any reason to lose our morality.

People can continue to blame the game, mechanics, or how old the game is, but it's us as human beings that make the experience worthwhile.
    (2)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Player
    You are right. But it's not me that said these things. It was Matsui.

Edit:

Oh, I see you are talking about T1-5NMs? That's probably because of the 20 minute time limit, it's easy to fight them next to a bivouac and Home Point => return if you die, and people outside the alliance don't get the KI - Which is generally the only reason that groups who cannot kill them with 18 or less in a matter of minutes kill ouside NMs

There's really no point to doing it that way.

The post you referred to was talking about delve fracture bosses, not the tier 1-5 NMs.
    Some of these bosses I've done extremely easy with others by only having 1 good redmage and few good DDs. That doesn't mean the rest of the slots should be heavily focused on having extra jobs that are not even needed favoring those over others.
    (1)

Player

There's really no point to doing it that

I thought only people need to be in party upon killing NM to get the Ki? So it's not possible to pop the NM more than once? Why would you Homepoint? No raise?

The purpose of switching out members is to allow the ones who died have time to unweaken.

I'm sure there are those who have Arise can help you accomplish that more effectively. If its LS event, then having senior members who don't need the win stand on the side to jump in and use the spell to allow those lessen the time on weakened status to 3 minutes.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 04:35 PM.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast