Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mahoro
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    A lot of content hasn't been rendered obsolete, particularly in the realm of armor. Just one small example is -PDT sets, which are essential for Delve. A lot of those pieces come from a smattering of older events. A fair degree of mage gear for SCH and WHM also come from older events.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    Sorry, but this is nothing more than an attempt at deflection. You'll have a hard time convincing me that the players calling out these imbalances are causing FFXI's downfall. I'd say that a lot of professional endgamers are the main cause of this decline. These folks are all out here yelling "R/M/E/D only" and "Aegis/Ochain only" and aren't doing one thing to help people get these things. They get on forums like this and talk like Magian weapons and AF3+2 armor are junk--news flash, Empyrean Armor +2 isn't that far away from Bayld Armor and they fit each job FAR better than the ordinary stats on Bayld gear.
    No one is saying AF is Junk. We are saying that if people want to participate in Delve, you have Adoulin gear available to give you enough stats to overcome issues such as Accuracy and magic accuracy. And lets be real here. There are people who are rushing to skip pass areas that can provide you with gear needed to help you.

Especially gear from older content areas that further improve your gear sets that Delve DOES NOT provide.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 01:18 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SqEnisfilledwithgeniuses View Post
    TL;DR

I made a guide, and put lots of my time into it. Stop disagreeing and +1 my posts. I'm right, you're wrong. I have a lv99.
    To disagree with anything I say is negativity and harms something somewhere. Did I mention I have a high level?
    Rather than trying to get delve gear, participate in obsoleted content that takes longer because no one is interested in doing it anymore.
    Now I'm going to cover a few pieces of equipment that I claim to be viable options for high-end content, but are really situational at best.
    ^ Exactly what is said here. Rather having people judge some of us saying that we never help anyone. And then when we try to do so, we have people criticizing us for it.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahoro View Post
    A lot of content hasn't been rendered obsolete, particularly in the realm of armor. Just one small example is -PDT sets, which are essential for Delve. A lot of those pieces come from a smattering of older events. A fair degree of mage gear for SCH and WHM also come from older events.
    Totally agree.

And so many people are wanting to skip past old content, while it doesn't help when some players are making improper statements that old content is irelevent, and head straight for end game without taking the proper time to collect gear that I've been stressing out in the several comments I've made including the Guide that I've already dedicate almost a week piecing together for those who wonder why they can't get invited to end game events.

Especially it does not help when you have people trying to debate with you because they are not seeing the importance of how basic gear can help those who are still learning therefore find the need to complicate a simple example further.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post

"You cannot do delve without a delve weapon"

Really now? So how did everyone do delve when it first came out? So REM made no difference? What about Merit Weapon skills? VW gear? Auction house HQ weapons? So you are saying absolutely no one with a delve weapon is willing to team up with you and help you do some bosses? Because ive been hired by a few people to play RDM for enfeebling magic. And its nice to be noticed that if you are well geared and can accomplish a goal people need help with, you have the ability to meet other people and have fun make use of your hardworking efforts of the job you put massive amounts of time gearing up. And im sure there are many DDs with a huge power Ego wanting to show off thier new massive amounts of damage they can deal.
    It's basically true. Maybe it's just Shiva, but the following are true:

- Delve Shouts are rare.

- The Delve Shouts you see are almost invariably for BRD, COR, BLU or PLD.

- In the extremely rare instances you see a shout for DD, the shout almost always specifies "Delve Weapon DD" - if you send a tell saying, "hey, I've got an empyrean/relic monk here", not only do you not get in the alliance, you flat out get ignored.

People are complete dicks about Delve, and the elitism is just ridiculous. Last week, there was even a shout on Shiva for Salvage 2, Delve DD only.
    (3)
    Last edited by Francisco; 07-02-2013 at 01:14 PM.

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

The TL;DR of this post is apparently that Yagrush isn't worthless.

It isn't, noone would be fool enough to say that it is.

When people talk about RME being worthless, they mean that everything besides Aegis, Ochain, Gollyhorn, Darblahblah, Burtgang, Yagrush, The bard dagger.. uh.. think that's it... are worthless.

Atm, however, yagrush is the game's most expensive macro piece, and burtgang is only for idling, but that's fine because so much of what paladin does now is idle.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    The TL;DR of this post is apparently that Yagrush isn't worthless.

It isn't, noone would be fool enough to say that it is.

When people talk about RME being worthless, they mean that everything besides Aegis, Ochain, Gollyhorn, Darblahblah, Burtgang, Yagrush, The bard dagger.. uh.. think that's it... are worthless.

Atm, however, yagrush is the game's most expensive macro piece, and burtgang is only for idling, but that's fine because so much of what paladin does now is idle.
    Ok then players need to state the item they think is totally worthless rather than generalizing it by saying "REM is totally worthless" because these words can effect other people's motivation toward working on these items.

I'm saying there are still purposes for REM that Delve cannot give you. Look at it from my point of view for a second. Take away REM completely and what do you have? Only Merit Weaponskill? So how would players struggle even more if they had to only use this for Adoulin / Delve? Relic weaponskills are still good, Emp ws are still good, and mythics have good ws that people "Could" incorporate into battle strategy.

Rather lazily add a quick short comment generalizing a huge topic without proper explanation. This is how other players can be effected in misleading people to believe those who are not making proper statements.

Redmage was pretty much left out on a lot of content just as BST, SMN, PUP and other jobs are limited on ability to participate in certain events. Therefore not every job or skill is suited for every single content. So maybe some REM may not be suitable for Delve now that Delve weapons allow people to use "Merit Weaponskills" with more power.

This is why I'm saying some people need to becareful when stating topics as fact. Because now those who don't have any REM are probably talking about how they "heard" it's useless therefore further promoting misinformation throughout conversations in parties.

Just as some players who never played delve assume that "Delve weapons" are the only best thing to push other people aside and not invite those who don't have them.

Misguided information only makes it worse for those who are returning to FFXI, or those who are NOT as advance in knowledge as the people who are.
    (2)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    It's basically true. Maybe it's just Shiva, but the following are true:

- Delve Shouts are rare.

- The Delve Shouts you see are almost invariably for BRD, COR, BLU or PLD.

- In the extremely rare instances you see a shout for DD, the shout almost always specifies "Delve Weapon DD" - if you send a tell saying, "hey, I've got an empyrean/relic monk here", not only do you not get in the alliance, you flat out get ignored.

People are complete dicks about Delve, and the elitism is just ridiculous. Last week, there was even a shout on Shiva for Salvage 2, Delve DD only.
    ^And this is exactly what the purpose of my post was about. "Your actions is effecting the entire community" and others saying that it must only be on my server... Ours is not the only to be facing this issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 01:54 PM.

I get your point, but people could think a little more independently for themselves. I say REM are worthless while I wield the two shields and am slowly, surely, building a burtgang.

The vastness of the statement is only slightly greater than the vastness of the truth: In one swoop, SE outdated 90% of RME, the only exceptions being weapons that weren't meant for damage.

I know you think it did, but this top didn't need a thread of its own.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    Sorry, but this is nothing more than an attempt at deflection. You'll have a hard time convincing me that the players calling out these imbalances are causing FFXI's downfall. I'd say that a lot of professional endgamers are the main cause of this decline. These folks are all out here yelling "R/M/E/D only" and "Aegis/Ochain only" and aren't doing one thing to help people get these things. They get on forums like this and talk like Magian weapons and AF3+2 armor are junk--news flash, Empyrean Armor +2 isn't that far away from Bayld Armor and they fit each job FAR better than the ordinary stats on Bayld gear.
    The professional endgamers make much, much more plasm per hour in their own linkshell runs killing NMs and wouldn't even bother with pickup plasm. The elite of the elite probably are not responsible for any of this job/gear discrimination. I actually think it's the middle class with aspirations of leetness who are far more discriminatory.
    (5)

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast