Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    While people still use SCH in NNI it's not for Embrava anymore. If you feel the need for that haste in NNI you bring a BRD/SMN at least people who research do. Marches can get the same haste as Embrava except for the whole run. The regen from Embrava was awesome when you could do a run with 2 SCHs and effectively have it for the 30 minutes when you get 3-6 minutes worth it isn't worth as much as it once was.

To put this more into practical terms I'll actually quantify exactly what that 12 enhancing skill gives or rather would potentially give at maximum benefit.

Regen +1 to 2 (depends on rounding from other gear)
    Haste 0 to 1 (depends on if this pushes to a divisible by 20 tier)
    Refresh 0 to 1 (depends on if this pushes to a divisible by 100 tier)

There's also the small detail that a SCH can actually hit 500 skill without the staff. Some annoying gear to get but hey if you're dedicated to maximizing your SCH chances are you have that gear.

As to the elemental magic update how exactly does that answer the question of enmity cap? It doesn't not only does it not answer that question it reduces the need for MP restoring gear/effects because MP costs are being reduced while enmity is ignored. Oh and Meteor isn't getting affected at all by that update so if it's doing 50k now it'll do 50k afterward.

How is pointing out a drop from NNI make NNI irrelevant? I can see how you think pointing out Nahtirah Hat would make VW and NNI irrelevant. However I pointed out the NNI head because that's something you can obtain with 6 people can you take down PW with 6 people who aren't decked out in Delve gear (even then I have my doubts)?

Delve being impossible without Delve weapons talk must be something exclusive to your server then because like I said never in the context you pointed out, then again maybe you're interpreting when someone shouts for a Delve DD or talks about a Delve DD is better than a non Delve DD as that meaning they're saying it's impossible otherwise then that's on you and not them.

You have no idea how many times I've tried to tell people they should do X, Y, Z first in game or on these forums only to be told to the effect that they shouldn't have to do old content to participate in the new content. Like I said falling on deaf ears.

R/E/M in general when you actually consider the context of their relevance (you know endgame) are currently useless besides horn/harp/shields/yagrush/gun/bow. R/E/M were never needed to clear any content they simply made it easier, even now they aren't needed and in a few cases are still useful. I can't help if people ask the wrong people for advice or are too sensitive when asking people who are blunt and matter of fact in their responses.

I would love an example of a player who was actually ready gear wise to take on delve outside NMs or plasm farming and was then rejected by multiple people. I'd also like to see where said person(s) then shouted to make their own group and never got anywhere beyond 1/18. I have a strong feeling you won't be able to provide that example.
    Ok but I'm really not trying to debate on whats irrelevant or what's better. I'm just saying people who think all other content has no purpose, that there are still great gears out there that Drlve doesn't give you.

Quote Originally Posted by Radd View Post
    I've already said. Stop making all the content focused around RMED being mandatory weapons. Why is this so hard to grasp? They should be unique tools and extra "punch" not required in all circumstances for every single thing.
    There are people in town asking for DREM only for low level content such as NNI and on my server there such drama to the point several other players decided to mock by adding Delve on weapons for VW, Meebles, Lv10 GoV in gusgen mines..

My server is not twisted, I'm sure it happens on others too because I've seen others complain and Im not going to go back and dig them up just to try and prove a point.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-02-2013 at 06:37 AM.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Ok but I'm really not trying to debate on whats irrelevant or what's better. I'm just saying people who think all other content has no purpose, that there are still great gears out there that Drlve doesn't give you.
    I never disagreed with that point of old content still being relevant to some, I pointed out your examples were weak in many cases and that the people who those gears would actually benefit aren't even listening, which is the real problem behind the misconception that all old content is now useless.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    I never disagreed with that point of old content still being relevant to some, I pointed out your examples were weak in many cases and that the people who those gears would actually benefit aren't even listening, which is the real problem behind the misconception that all old content is now useless.
    You pointed out that my examples are weak based on what conception? My examples are from the realistic point of view new and returning players who haven't even participated in Delve yet. Yeah NNI could be easy for people who are well equipped and know what they doing. Yet so many people I've seen lately are complaining that they can't even get people to do that.
    And the ones I'm talking about are the people who don't even have AF3 fully upgraded yet and those who don't even know how to reive and earn Bayld.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    You pointed out that my examples are weak based on what conception? My examples are from the realistic point of view new and returning players who haven't even participated in Delve yet. Yeah NNI could be easy for people who are well equipped and know what they doing. Yet so many people I've seen lately are complaining that they can't even get people to do that.
    And the ones I'm talking about are the people who don't even have AF3 fully upgraded yet and those who don't even know how to reive and earn Bayld.
    And those people should be getting gear from Abyssea finished up. Then they should be getting gear from Salvage 2.0 if NNI is still too hard. At that point by SE's logic they should be more than ready to take on NNI.

Of those people who haven't even upgraded Emp armor (AF3) how many of them are willing to do the order of events I just pointed out? I know many people in Emp armor +1 or worse who aren't willing to upgraded to +2 let alone follow what I said and expect to get into Delve groups and are pissed when they're rejected.
    (3)

Character
    Zoop
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    i'm pretty confident in saying that on my sever last weekend of the few shouts i saw for VW and plasma farm every single one said rmed weapons, pld's were o/a only and bard's were 3 to 4 songs only. i did not see 1 shout for nm's only facture nm's.
    so what hope is there for anyone to catch up, and believe me the vast majority of people complaining here are not sitting around in pink gear waiting to be handed stuff but in full +2 af3 or better, some even with relic weapons but not the so called best jobs so no luck.
    (3)

Player
    The only thing someone can say in that case is to much of this player base lacks the initiative that this game nearly requires. The problem with events in this game is there are to many people standing around waiting for a shout and not enough people out there doing the shouting. This creates an inbalance in the amount of people actually doing events, and since so many people are simply waiting on a group, a group can afford to be picky enough to only include the assumed best. By doing so they assure themselves a higher quality party, and probably wont take much longer to get rolling because so many people who meet the qualifications are still standing around, waiting for a shout to join.

If more people made parties we would see more people in parties, less afk, and as a result of this the chances are the amount of people capable of being so picky as to say RMED only and such would become lower, as there are less of those people simply standing around waiting on shouts. Not only would this include more people into these parties, but it would make the requirements people set for parties harder to fill, which in and of itself helps to alleviate that problem all together. As I said though, part of the problem itself is the fact that so few people actually bother to go out and build parties themselves as opposed to simply waiting for a shout.

Like Ultimas said in his post in his Thread, we expect a lot of leaders in this game, and they are the key to many events, as they must organized everything, gather the people needed, and so on. It is a lot of pressure on someone, a lot of stress trying to get everyone together quickly, not making everyone sit around for a long time, not messing up, I myself messed up the first Plasm farm I made 2 days ago, it made me feel horrible, but in the end, I will do it again, we need more leaders in this community, that is one of the biggest problems we have.
    (3)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    The only thing someone can say in that case is to much of this player base lacks the initiative that this game nearly requires. The problem with events in this game is there are to many people standing around waiting for a shout and not enough people out there doing the shouting. This creates an inbalance in the amount of people actually doing events, and since so many people are simply waiting on a group, a group can afford to be picky enough to only include the assumed best. By doing so they assure themselves a higher quality party, and probably wont take much longer to get rolling because so many people who meet the qualifications are still standing around, waiting for a shout to join.
    This^

This is the reason you see "REMD only" shouts and people get away with them.

Supply of REMD DD's (people sitting around waiting for shouts to pop up) is much much greater than the demand for pickup DDs (Leaders skilled with people skills, experience, knowledge, confidence, motivation shouting for DD's)

A side effect of this is that a lot more players in FFXI are unskilled and unpracticed with group events, relative to other MMOs.

Other MMOs have auto-group systems so even the newest of players can get into groups and fail it up for a while before they start to eventually get the hang of things and become more skilled.

FFXI group system relies almost solely on one person to have all these skills, information and tell everyone else what they need to be doing. Because odds are, many random PUG members you meet, probably won't be practiced doing them.

This situation sort of serves to widen the gap between the "haves and have nots" of people that do events vs people that don't get into events.

But do not mistake this for being the fault of leaders that ask for "REMD ONLY." The current situation is the result of two things: Supply and Demand, and a magnificantly terible (non-existant?) grouping mechanism that is a HUGE barrier to entry for many players (especially newer and less experienced ones)

Neither of those two things is the fault of the playerbase. It is the fault of the dev team for doing nothing about it.

*And that demand is only going to drop more and more each day if something is not done to remedy the R/E/M/D situation.
    (3)
    Last edited by Nebo; 07-02-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Sorry, but this is nothing more than an attempt at deflection. You'll have a hard time convincing me that the players calling out these imbalances are causing FFXI's downfall. I'd say that a lot of professional endgamers are the main cause of this decline. These folks are all out here yelling "R/M/E/D only" and "Aegis/Ochain only" and aren't doing one thing to help people get these things. They get on forums like this and talk like Magian weapons and AF3+2 armor are junk--news flash, Empyrean Armor +2 isn't that far away from Bayld Armor and they fit each job FAR better than the ordinary stats on Bayld gear.
    (6)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Player
    As I said, the problem is how many people are shouting in total. The only reason those people can afford to do that is because others do not shout. If there are 5 Delve people making parties, 50 Delve DDs looking for a party, and 200 people looking for party without Delve weapons, what do you think will happen? Well, each party only needs 3 DDs for each party except the party with the sac which gets 2 DDs, so that's a total of 8 DDs per party, with 50 DDs looking, that's enough DDs for each party with 10 Delve DDs left out. Why would the leaders take non-Delve people when they know enough are looking for a party? They wouldn't. Now, what happens if one of these 200 non-Delve people shout for 1? They will have 10 Delve DDs looking for party, so they might be picky too, but what then? Now only 2 DDs left, assuming none of the 10 left over went as a sac to one of the first 5 parties, so not enough Delve DDs are around to be picky, now the next leader has to take whatever they can get, what happens when one of the first parties come back and need another DD? No Delve DDs, cant be picky, take what they get and go, and so on.

We have to few people who lead and to many people with the weapon, they can be picky and so they are picky, if more people made parties less people would be standing around, less people would be open to parties, and the ability to only take Delve weapon DDs would die out because there would not be a ton of them just standing around anymore. SE has some part of the blame, yes, that is for sure, but so does the player base, because so few people step up to lead things, they take no time to do it, and because of that, nothing changes. If more people would step up to the plate and lead for a change, we might see things going a little better in this game.

Besides that, everyone points fingers, this person wont invite non-Delve DDs, well, question for you, why is it you do not make parties? If people will not take you the easy solution is to make your own parties and at the same time, take people who are in your same situation, you help everyone out, here is the party setup I use.

DDx6 MNKx3 BRDx3 CORx3 WHMx3 Sac
    DD DD DD BRD COR WHM - DD DDPuller Sac BRD COR WHM - MNK MNK DD/MNK BRD COR WHM

This is for Morimar. Have the MNK party take down the Mata at the start, have the Sac just be someone with Twilight. The first party stays in the main room at the start, it is very large, have the BRD and COR in that party pull some mobs from outside around the rooms not far away if there are no mobs around in the room for a time, sometimes they can all be dead and it really slows things down. The second party has only 2 DDs, which sucks, my suggestion is to have that party as well as the DD from the MNK party go out and fight stuff in the halls while the MNKs deal with the Mata, if you have 3 MNKs, then just the 2 DDs go to the tunnels. Once the MNKs are done, have them go past the first wall once it goes down, have them beat things down out there, have the DDPuller go with them, again, this should be someone with Twilight. Have them pull the NMs back to the sac, then continue fighting with their party. This should get you a nice bit of Plasm, my run failed a couple days ago so I am still learning and improving, but even with a bad start, we pulled 4950, that was without killing Mata due to the 2 MNKs failing, and the Raptor caused some problems at the start too. All in all, do this, try this, work on it, and in time you may be able to help solve some of the problems around here. If we do nothing ourselves, how can we expect anything to get done in the end?
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    Someone come in here and TL : DR sum this up.

My eyes bleed when I read that much wrong/butthurt/whining.

I'm sure more than half is filler.
    TL;DR

I made a guide, and put lots of my time into it. Stop disagreeing and +1 my posts. I'm right, you're wrong. I have a lv99.
    To disagree with anything I say is negativity and harms something somewhere. Did I mention I have a high level?
    Rather than trying to get delve gear, participate in obsoleted content that takes longer because no one is interested in doing it anymore.
    Now I'm going to cover a few pieces of equipment that I claim to be viable options for high-end content, but are really situational at best.
    (7)

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast