Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1

"Blackout Countermeasure" and Bazaars

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Blackout countermeasure--Limit the number of characters that are shown in certain areas to 35.
    This... isn't really acceptable. Half the reason why there are 36+ characters standing around is because of all the salable items you won't permit on the Auction House, requiring players to set up AFK Bazaars instead. Limiting the number of characters visible also limits the number of Bazaars browseable, adding to the burden of completing an already frustrating chore.
    (7)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

The obvious solution is to add all items bazaar'd to the AH.

Some of the expensive items will still be bazaar'd because of losses from tax if you need to put it up multiple times.

Also partial stacks of common items abc|shells|bynes|bucks|alex|HMP etc will be bazaar'd often.

It should at least get rid of 20% of the semi-permanent bazaars.

[also increase items able to sell on AH to at least 10]
    (5)

Character
    Marianka
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I swear SE must be employing people designing the game who have never ever ever played it
    (1)

put the bazaar tax back. the zone was never this laggy when the AFKs were standing out in the batallia entrance.
    (1)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    put the bazaar tax back. the zone was never this laggy when the AFKs were standing out in the batallia entrance.
    Agreed, get all the AFK's out of the city.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 66

€°(((><

I never really browse bazaars, but the few weird occasions I do, I so wish people would form a nice, long line so that it would be easy to check them all.
    If only there was a smart way to restrict how close each bazaar was to one another, without it crippling normal movement around or any sort of griefing...

As for them being in towns, I don't really mind that. The maximum amount of visible characters never was an issue to me me I maybe guess. I do wish bazaars weren't so much needed in the first place, but when creating something like the relics, mythics, and empyreans, it's kind of a must for one to go through the trouble.
    (0)
    Kind Regards,
    ~ The Noob Unlimited ~

Sore wa sore, kore wa kore.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    I do wish bazaars weren't so much needed in the first place, but when creating something like the relics, mythics, and empyreans, it's kind of a must for one to go through the trouble.
    I don't think it would be quite so bad if it were just currency/alexandrite, but mannequin parts? Really?
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!