Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Wow, i cant wait to try abyssea. ive played for years and never got a job to 75.. although i was preoccupied experimenting with other jobs, but all i wanted to do was get my BLU to 90 and get all my good spells
    (0)
    Caitsith all the way!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kits View Post
    Wow, i cant wait to try abyssea. ive played for years and never got a job to 75.. although i was preoccupied experimenting with other jobs, but all i wanted to do was get my BLU to 90 and get all my good spells
    For spells, make sure you have: Heat Breath, Firespit Magnetite Cloud, Seedspray Regurgitation, Maelstrom Hecatomb Wave, Mysterious Light Frost Breath, Ice Break Mind Blast, Blitzstrahl Radiant Breath, 1000 Needles Death Ray, Eyes On Me

reasoning: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ab...ellow_Weakness
    (0)

WOW thanks!!! I've been wondering for weeks which spells are like, 'necessary' here you come and just supply me the golden info, ty lol.
    (0)
    Caitsith all the way!

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kits View Post
    WOW thanks!!! I've been wondering for weeks which spells are like, 'necessary' here you come and just supply me the golden info, ty lol.
    Those spells aren't particularly good for damage. Those spells are more like the minimum you'll want for farming NMs so that people don't get annoyed at you for not having those spells. I'd suggest you wander over to the blue mage forum or somewhere else to figure that out. I can't help you for that; I know little to nothing about blue mage.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nacht View Post
    For spells, make sure you have: Heat Breath, Firespit, Magnetite Cloud, Seedspray, Regurgitation, Maelstrom, Hecatomb Wave, Mysterious Light, Frost Breath, Ice Break, Mind Blast, Blitzstrahl, Radiant Breath, 1000 Needles, Death Ray, Eyes On Me
    I don't have the highlighted spells, but I would never go as BLU for proc, I hate changing spells. lol
    (0)

I wanted to get Refueling, a haste, but supposedly i need to do all the promathyia missions..? does anybody even do those anymore?? lol
    (0)
    Caitsith all the way!

Player
    The problem with Abyssea is that for most people it ruined any sense of real accomplishment. It took the EXP grind and made it completely pointless as you'll cap on merits in no time and have nothing else to do but either reroll another job or simply go after gear.

All of the work put into creating that perfect EXP setup is gone because EXP is nothing more than 12 people AFK/hugging a Dominion Tactician in a party while 6 people fight monsters. The funny thing is that Vision of Abyssea parties had some sense of accomplishment when you finally cracked the secret of boxes and got the EXP to flow to start where by Heroes the entire affair had devolved into hugging an NPC while zone-wide lights could float even the worst of worst parties so long as you know... people arent AFK.

The biggest problem with EXP now is that no one cares. Your bad party will almost always certainly break because of AFKers due to the fact that EXP is just that easy to obtain. The finesse present back at Vision has devolved as the expansions got easier and we learned how the system works.

It isn't all negative however. The ability to actually log on and get something done is a boon that the game sorely needed. Being able to also lowman has helped to make the game more "fair" while Empyreans has leveled the playing field on the uber tier of weaponry.

Overall Abyssea has made the game easy - so easy that one really has to wonder what SE has planned for the future. Unlike WoW, this game has no PvP so the artificial difficulty that comes from facing other players is reduced to bitching out someone when they take your ??? pop or kill a mob slow. All of the sense of community has been ruined because the old content simply doesn't matter. Stuff like Campaign that was mildly fun in the sense that you could team up with strangers to reach a common goal is gone now cause the game has been simplified to the extreme.
    (0)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arltery View Post
    The game is what you make of it. Hang out with friends, make new ones, explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations..... sorry geek moment there. The point is the game is going to be as fun as you make it.
    lmao... T T

"I'm not the only one!!"
    (0)

Character
    Turdinator
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Abyssea is fun and easy but once you've finished there's nothing else to do, unless you want to +2 every piece of armor for every job you have (and don't play), oh and get Emp weapons for them just for the fun of it.

One thing I don't understand is why they're making our much loved old gear augment-able via Synergy... I mean surely it would have been a better idea to involve some of the End Game zones we acquired them from? Would be nice to have a reason to visit Sea/Sky/Salvage again, even for the sense of nostalgia.

All I can see is that the people with Synergy leveled will get very rich very quickly by charging people to upgrade their stuff using a random method.

I could be wrong however, I'm just speculating.
    (0)
    Quote of the day*

"Opps sorry dozed off, do you think I care about a 5hit build obvioulsy not. Do I have the gear for it yes I do. A little thing about WAR is double attack which makes up for that. So you can shove your 5hit build for someone that doesnt even have WAR leveled."

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    There was a recent update in which SE claimed that skill up rates were increased. This has proven to be a lie. lol
    No it wasn't.

My enhancing skill ups have increased dramatically since that update, so has my healing.
    (0)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast