THF And Guns/Ammo.

Hello! This topic has been brought up a few times but i feel it needs to be addressed again. I know THF isn't exactly the king of Marksmanship, But it does have access to Last Stand and Buttloads of R.acc, R.atk, and AGI+ Gear.... Almost on par with COR.

Early on, THF was on a lot of mixed Marksmanship weapons, Guns and Xbows, Since the Level cap increase, They've been on fewer and fewer Ammo and Guns... while they're still on the spot Crossbow, That aspect of the job has all but fallen into obscurity.

Basically what I'm proposing is Placing THF on the Delve Gun/Ammo. Its not like this will make them a broken job, Ranged WS/Attcks do not stack with SATA, and COR/RNG have more offensive potential... But the case and point is, You put us on Last Stand, Stop tickling our fancy spot with this teasing BS and give us a real Gun/Ammo to use that Weaponskill with.

Arguments for it.
    - It was/has been a part of the job, Even back with Culverin. THF was on a good portion of Guns/Ammo.
    - It won't break the job, Just open up another option for it. As most fights with THF have become SA > TA > GTFO, Having a Gun to be shooting while you wait would be nice.
    - Last Stand is our only other Merit WS outside of Exent, And as it stands is primarily worthless due to lack of Ammo/New guns for THF.

Arguments againt:
    - THF Has a decent selection of Bolts, and Even though they were on many a gun, a lot of their Marksmanship usage has been for Status Bolts.
    - Treasure hunter.

Addendum: Xbows
    - If t he Above is too much to ask, Would adding a New, higher level (Lv. 120~+) Crossbow with Heavy Ranged Accuracy and a Low Delay (~in the 190-200 Like Octant) be too much to ask as well ?

PLEASE and Thank you!
    (4)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    TO me, this is one of the most frustrating things about SE as an MMO designer.

They are constantly placing jobs on equipment SOLEY based on esthetic costume design categories and lore....rather than the actual stats on the gear or the gameplay of the jobs.

Case in point: their reason for putting PUP on all that mage gear "Light Cloth Armor is the type of outfits they wear, so we put them on mage gear." - or something to that effect.

Makes PERFECT sense

I imagine its the same for last stand and all great ranged attack gear THF has access to. It's certainly not because they thought it through...or because they wanted to add some utility to THF.

I think it's because SE has this retarded "Leather, Heavy, Cloth Armor fits all" quota that they have to meet with content updates combined with the fact that some genius on the dev team sat up in a meeting one day and said "Thiefs use marksmanship, they should get last stand."

I think is the same guy that also said "Hey, why don't we make a bunch of relic WS mods arbitrarily different so we can try to make DDs find sets to stack AGI and MND for melee WS!"

...ANd the guy wo said "Our job vision for Thief as a stealthy pickpocket...be we fear that giving them anything worthwhile to steal would be overpowered"

Stuff like this is the reason I personally believe that the devs are not FFXI players and/or aren't really gamers themselves. No sane person with an IQ north of 50 falling into either of those two categories would have made these decisions.

It has never ceased to amaze me that FFXI has lasted as long as it has with design decisions like that spewing from development team.
    (1)

Looks like we might see more xbows/guns in the future afterall^^

Addition of equipment variations
    We’d like to increase the amount of equipment choices such as marksmanship weapons for thief, daggers for red mage, which current gear has not covered well, and new equipment such as grips with delay +.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    They kind of have to, if they want THF to keep any utility at all with Xbow bolts.

It's likely just another thing they didn't think of regarding THF and the iLevel updates. They are basing mob stats etc around all these weapons with +Combat Skill and THF doesn't get any ilevel xbows....so without the addition of new ones, we wouldn't be able to hit anything.
    (0)

Possibly a useful Gun, too^^ just says markmanship, not specifically xbow.

Which reminds me, did anyone even manage to get any evidence as to whether or not the new drain bolts drained more than bloody bolts? I use xbow so little now that I haven't even used up the supply of bloody bolts that I already had.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Possibly a useful Gun, too^^ just says markmanship, not specifically xbow.
    True, but unless their philosophy about THF and ranged DD has changed, I wouldn't expect a gun...or relevant bullets.

Which reminds me, did anyone even manage to get any evidence as to whether or not the new drain bolts drained more than bloody bolts? I use xbow so little now that I haven't even used up the supply of bloody bolts that I already had.
    They added new drain bolts? I thought it was just Oxidant Bolts and those were found to be the same effect as acid bolts just with higher base damage.

I.e. Irrelevant
    (1)

Ah it might have been those. I didn't pay much attention to them either way, since I already had loads and use them so rarely.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Looks like we might see more xbows/guns in the future afterall^^
    Yah, Looks like a 119 Crossbow is coming September... for WAR and THF! I'm quite happy for that. Hopefully it coincides with better bolts.

I got my happy out of the way, now a minor complain.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/21314/abrasion-bolt/?stack=1

No one uses these bolts. 1 Sold, ever, since release on Asura. RNGs dont use Acid bolts, they use guns. THFs were almost always the crossbow folk (save a few situations). I said this when the bolts were first released... not surprised by their sale history, I knew this would happen :|
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Can I haz Super Bloody Bolts please :3 ???
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Yah, Looks like a 119 Crossbow is coming September... for WAR and THF! I'm quite happy for that. Hopefully it coincides with better bolts.

I got my happy out of the way, now a minor complain.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/21314/abrasion-bolt/?stack=1

No one uses these bolts. 1 Sold, ever, since release on Asura. RNGs dont use Acid bolts, they use guns. THFs were almost always the crossbow folk (save a few situations). I said this when the bolts were first released... not surprised by their sale history, I knew this would happen :|
    Not to mention that if you really need def down, you bring a drg or blu
    (0)