Character
    Coyotes
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

RDM & Haste 2

Give Red Mage Haste 2.

SE has already decided Red Mage isn't a debuffer as they made most mobs highly resistant or gave debuffs a negative rage effect.. Not healer, Removed Cure 5 already. So what is it?

WHAT IS IT?

Lets give Rdm a last leg boost..
    Haste 2, give Rdm the ability to alongside brd, boost the haste ratio to capitalize on better strategies. No one debuffs anymore.

Example of what I do on RDM in a party: 5/5 Phalanx 2 and Refresh II. When is that needed? Never really, everyone has pdt gear anyhow..

Please, last leg spell needed for..LAST LEG of game...
    (10)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I think SE already hinted at a possible new haste spell but I doubt RDM but be the only job that got it so it wouldn't really change much for the job. I would also like to know what roll RDM is supposed to play since SE seemed to like calling it a party buffer when 90% of it's buffs are selfcast only and the party buffs it does have WHM has the same or better versions of. As you said, nobody really debuffs anymore except for maybe dia spam but any mage can do that.

RDM was never a good healer, only reason it was first choice in merit parties was because of convert + refresh. SCH pisses all over RDM in every department right now bar enfeebling which nobody cares about anyway.

In short, SE themselves can't decide what role RDM is supposed to fit into because it sure doesn't fit into their job vision they posted a while back.
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Don't forget about Regen IV. If a RDM ripoff gets it, so should RDM.
    (4)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Player
    Well as I have said before, Regen would do more for RDM anyways than it does for SCH in the end. SCH is fine, but look at RDM, with Regen, RDM could fight on the front lines and provide cures at the same time via Regen, the same can be said of AoE spells though, where as RDM would have to spend less time recasting every buff. This is all under the idea RDM is a job meant to melee though, which SE can not make up their mind on...
    (4)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    RDM using regen as a form of hp recovery while fighting on the front lines using enspells as an added effect for extra damage, where have I seen that before? Oh yea, Rune Fencer. SE`s answer to fixing RDM using ideas posted here is make an entirely new job. SCH, BLU, RUN and GEO were all born from ideas posted in the RDM forums.

So next time anyone feels like adding a new job to XI just post an idea on how to fix RDM and give it a year and we`ll have another new job or 2.
    (6)

Player
    I would not say RUN exactly describes what I was talking about but to a point your right. RUN does not have any duration enhancements like we do, Regen has a bad duration either way, but if we had the duration bonus SCH got as a trait or something and could AoE it we could heal the party while fighting. Its the same reason I legitimately made a TP set for SCH back when NNI was 4DD+2SCH. I simply went to the front lines with the DDs because of Embrava+Regen covering healing most the time, then spammed Shattersoul to my hearts content to kill stuff and help out kill speed. If RDM had that same kind of healing power for a party without casting actually it could be extremely beneficial for RDM, in fact, its a match so perfect it might make RDM melee a little less lol worthy.
    (2)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Don't forget about Regen IV. If a RDM ripoff gets it, so should RDM.
    sch isnt a ripoff, I would rather say SCH is the master and RDM is the student that still has to learn alot!
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    U guys know that asking for it will have SE give Geo and SCH Haste II.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    We need something... New updates not looking good from my point of view.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-07-2013 at 04:22 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    We need something... New updates not looking good from my point of view.
    RDM is currently usable in Delve. This time around SE didn't make their NM's immune to many of the debuffs and for many fights debuffs can be very important. Blind / Gravity II / Silence are all important, you can even sleep II the Shark MB.

So dust your RDM's out, their actually usable now.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast