Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: RDM & Haste 2

Player
    The issue is getting people to realize that RDM is not a main healer regardless if we have 50% Cure potency >.> and some parties don't want to accept that our focus needs to be on enfeebling.

Most of the time I get...

Do you have WHM or SCH instead? We really don't need a RDM, Just a healer, some bards, Cor and DD and that's it...

Asking RDM to main heal would be the same as Asking Bard to main heal although we might have more MP, still doesn't compare with WHM & SCH.

Better yet its the same as asking Geomancer to be main healer.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-08-2013 at 06:38 PM.

Player
    RDM Elemental Seal+Saboteur+AF3 Hands+AF3 Body+New Feet= Extremely potent Gravity II that gives -90 Evasion Down on the mob which is very, very good.

Gravity II = -40 Evasion
    Saboteur+AF3 Hands= Enfeebling Potency x 2.10(on NMs, 2.20 on fodder)
    AF3 Body= Enfeebling Potency x 0.10
    New Feet= Enfeebling Potency x 0.05

So 40 * 2.25= 90

That's assuming it's additive and not multiplicative(92ish if multiplicative).

Either way, that's a pretty sweet bonus to hit rate for 4-5minutes.

RDM can be a decentish healer, Cure IV's for ~900ish with the right gear, with haste on and Composure off, you can get a 2-3 second recast on Cure IV and it's basically instant cast with our Fast Cast gear. I would never ask a RDM nor would I want my own RDM to be a main healer for any kind of serious end game content, maybe Odin v2/ADL/Neo Limbus/Salvage but not Delve. RDM/SCH has enough tools to keep lowman content parties alive. We may not have Cureskin but with /SCH we can still have Acession+Cure IVs which is still an AoE 900+ cure and Phalanxga. I wouldn't put the RDM in charge of main healing a DD party on any serious NM in Delve, but they can definitely cure across alliance during delve when they're not enfeebling(for example when fighting the Eft and everyone is in yellow/red, can Spontaneity+Accession+Cure IV one party then Accession+Cure IV another party, bringing both parties up to white HP in as little as 3 seconds. Doing this will earn you love amongst your WHMs since Curagas have long recast and eat ton of MP(try this, seriously, if you have trouble with eft or peiste this can save your run). I always ask for Aurorastorm when fighting eft so I can get an extra chunk of cure potency with korin obi and do 1k cure 4 AoEs, if you have a good chunk of -enmity in your cure set(I have -48 not counting tranquil heart) the mob wont pay you any mind.

Can /SCH to most Delves except Shark zone since you need ES for Impact probably. Also /SCH gives you Klimaform and Windstorm which helps immensly in landing Silence/Gravity and if you ask a SCH for voidstorm, your Dispel rate will go up significantly.

I'd rank healers:
    WHM>>>SCH>>>>>>RDM>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

RDM is sizeably behind a SCH but we can temporarily hold our own. For example during the shark fight, our WHM died because they were in range of Mayhem. I popped Chainspell and was able to cureIV bomb that party for a good 1:20, using Convert wisely until the WHM was Arisen and no deaths occured for that party.

RDM has limited potential in healing but we make excellent support/backup healers, it's a shame we can't Spontaneity across alliance, or it would help with Arises or Curaga IV's. When it comes to debuffing a mob, lowering it's EVA by a ton, ES+Impacting, Hasting SCHs, Refreshing GEOs, nuking Mata, Keeping PLD alive on pulls, supporting healers on AoE-spammy mobs, emergency healing RDM is invaluable in the current endgame paradigm.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 07-20-2013 at 12:07 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Gravity II
    I could be wrong, but I think those effects only work on spells where potency varies with MND/INT like Para/Slow/Blind.
    (0)

Player
    Nope, works on Poison too.
    (0)

Player
    Point was, does it work on Gravity? ><;

I figure most enfeebling spells which are not effected by Enfeebling Magic/INT/MND would not be enhanced except in perhaps duration, but if I am wrong, please do tell. ;x
    (0)

Player
    All are enhanced by Saboteur. Ones that have no special bonus just receive a duration bonus(Silence/Break/Bind/Sleep), debuffs that lower stats or inflict a variable effect increase also(Paralyze procs more often, Slow potency enhanced, addle casting speed and m.acc decreases, gravity has more potent movement speed penalty and -evasion, poison dot increases). The sole exception to this is Dia, in that case the duration and dot potency increases but not def-down.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Gravity II = -40 Evasion
    Saboteur+AF3 Hands= Enfeebling Potency x 2.10(on NMs, 2.20 on fodder)
    AF3 Body= Enfeebling Potency x 0.10
    New Feet= Enfeebling Potency x 0.05
    These should surely be 1.10 and 1.05 if multiplying, otherwise, wearing just AF3 body would take grav potency from 40 to 4, instead of 44 lol
    (4)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Gravity II's effect is static and not enhanced by Sab or anything else. It's similar to Dia in that your enhancing a different effect then you want. You can still get duration bonus on it however.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Give Resfreshga 1 and 2, hastega 1 and 2 to rdm and the job is fixed.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    Give Resfreshga 1 and 2, hastega 1 and 2 to rdm and the job is fixed.
    While I would like these spells, that would only really make cycles easier, and they would be party locked I am sure, since I can not think of any other AoE spell that is AoE by default but isn't locked to being cast on party members only. Its not a solution to the jobs issues, its an assist to the quality of the jobs performance, it would make RDM faster at throwing these spells around, but that's about it. Also, as much as Haste II sounds amazing, I highly doubt it would make RDM become a staple job, really, your talking about adding more Haste, a stat we so easily cap between gear, abilities, songs, and just normal Haste, a second tier would be cool, and would help make us more useful, but at best you might get a different song from your BRD, maybe, but not really a full reason to bring a job, it would be another side feature of the job.

What RDM needs is a good deal of unique enfeebles which we get normally and naturally, rather than by merits. When you look at RDM's spells our most important use is Enfeebling in the end, while we stand out at nothing else, Enfeebling is the one category we do better in than anyone else, but what is so unique about it? We have the same spells everyone else has, the only tier II enfeebles we even have without merits are Dia, Bio(sort of enfeeble), Poison, Sleep, and Gravity, 3 of which are learnt by other jobs as well. Our only unique enfeeble we have, not counting merits, is Gravity, nothing more, really our merit spells are all simply extra tiers of existing spells, so they are not even unique really.

If you look at enhancing we are failures at it too, though we are not masters of it and have never claimed to be, it is our secondary in a way, yet again, we share the same spells as many other jobs, giving us almost nothing that stands out. Of the ones that do stand out, Refresh is not in any way unique really, so far as the spell itself, its unique to RDM for the most part, however the effects of the spell are mimicked by many pieces of gear as well as other spells or effects. Phalanx is great, but only on lower level mobs or mobs that hit for low damage, so it loses points against higher enemies where it counts, and that's not even counting the fact SCH can make AoE at the same level of potency we get with our merit version. The last unique spells we really have are en-spells, which after the weapons we have now, where people are hitting for 400+ damage on normal hits, these are pathetic, even if you /SCH and accession them, not to mention SCH gets them from a sub, and can do the same thing, but at 35 damage a hit extra, it doesn't help most jobs anyways...

In the end, our magic side needs something new to make it stand out, without it, nothing will be a real fix without making us overpowered. The only spell I left out of everything above is Temper, which is pointless on our magic side, and would help our melee side if we get a fix to that, but that's an argument for another time...
    (0)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast