Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    Ok but that's your way of playing the job. I never said I was struggling to keep DDs alive. In fact I don't need to Cure my team often because of Regen V & Phalanx.
    Which further shows, in addition to what you said about getting 9k plasm/run, that you have good DDs.

Enjoy your empyrean staff as much as you like. But please refrain from saying it's useful, because it isn't.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Player
    I can see your point better if I had to use Cure often. But what you don't seem to understand is that through strategy, I don't use Cure that much but rely on Regen V, Phalanx, Stoneskin to do the job.

And yes my team is good that we kill fast and earn 9k plasm per run. Therefore I don't spend the entire time curing.

Unless your DDs are killing slow requiring you to use cure often then I'm understanding why you would use Cure Potency 50%. Most of my mp is focused on Buffs. And I heavily rely on Regen V do most of the work with an occasional cure here and there.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-04-2013 at 11:34 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    Enjoy your empyrean staff as much as you like. But please refrain from saying it's useful, because it isn't.
    Well worthless I still disagree. I still think if you are fighting T5 Bosses and if you died, or ran out of MP or had no Elixers and Convert was on countdown.

You still could switch over to Hvelgamir, pop an Icarus Wing and use Myrkr from far away. Atleast that would give you 200+ MP and if you casted Adloquium while weakened, that would be even better. By the time you do unweaken, TP could well be close to 300% and at 300%, you would gain 900-1k mp back instantly.

Unless its best to use sublimation while weakened? O.o

But that's just my opinion.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-04-2013 at 11:35 PM.

buddy, you're free to do whatever the hell you want until people decide that they're free to not play with you anymore.

the problem with then taking that here and advocating it however, is that OTHER people might read it, and then also do it. you're spreading it around, infesting the zeitgeist. if it's provably bad advice, then these people are really just doing a public service debunking it.

the big Hvergelmir hangup here is a good example because, especially for a newer player, it's a LOT of effort; for very little to no benefit. (many would argue that the way you're using it, it HURTS you. you lose cure potency of course, but you also lose magic acc on enfeebles, magic damage on nukes, and potentially even a little potency on enhancing spells.) and what do you gain? less mp sustain than if you'd just used an owleyes, which wouldn't have had all those downsides.

if you wanna carry it around to swap in, wing, get your mp, and swap out? fine. neat trick. but if you fulltime it, you are HURTING your alliance. they are not doing well BECAUSE of you, they are doing well IN SPITE of you.

to advocate such a limited gimmick when players could be putting their energy towards something more useful, is harmful to the community. they're not going to get left behind for delve because they don't have a delve weapon, they're going to get left behind for delve because they fulltime a hvergelmir and don't have a full cure potency set and a strong magic acc set. sure you can get away with it farming plasm, but what are you gonna spend that plasm on if you can't kill the nm's?

i'm sorry man but these people weren't bullying you, they were correcting you. now if you wanna take your ball and go home, fine. but you have to go home...
    (2)
    Last edited by Doombringer; 07-05-2013 at 05:41 AM.

Character
    Toukai
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    That's a shame. I was really hoping to look through the guide again. Found it the other night, I work nights and when things get slow I check out the forums. I only get a chance to play XI during the day and I wanted to apply some of those methods in order to help fund my gungnir (I know lolshock spikes) but now it's all gone =(
    (1)
    Drg for life.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    buddy, you're free to do whatever the hell you want until people decide that they're free to not play with you anymore.

the problem with then taking that here and advocating it however, is that OTHER people might read it, and then also do it. you're spreading it around, infesting the zeitgeist. if it's provably bad advice, then these people are really just doing a public service debunking it.

the big Hvergelmir hangup here is a good example because, especially for a newer player, it's a LOT of effort; for very little to no benefit. (many would argue that the way you're using it, it HURTS you. you lose cure potency of course, but you also lose magic acc on enfeebles, magic damage on nukes, and potentially even a little potency on enhancing spells.) and what do you gain? less mp sustain than if you'd just used an owleyes, which wouldn't have had all those downsides.

if you wanna carry it around to swap in, wing, get your mp, and swap out? fine. neat trick. but if you fulltime it, you are HURTING your alliance. they are not doing well BECAUSE of you, they are doing well IN SPITE of you.

to advocate such a limited gimmick when players could be putting their energy towards something more useful, is harmful to the community. they're not going to get left behind for delve because they don't have a delve weapon, they're going to get left behind for delve because they fulltime a hvergelmir and don't have a full cure potency set and a strong magic acc set. sure you can get away with it farming plasm, but what are you gonna spend that plasm on if you can't kill the nm's?

i'm sorry man but these people weren't bullying you, they were correcting you. now if you wanna take your ball and go home, fine. but you have to go home...
    And you did not read the entire conversation.

I already said. When it comes to NMs, I agree you need 50% potency.
    T5 boss run, I said Hvelgamir could be useful.

Reading small parts of the conversation without knowing everything the person said beforehand leads to misunderstanding.
    Plasm farming is not hard. Most of my MP goes toward Enhancing and buffs due to Accession. Not cure.

Because the DD in my group were well geared. Killing fast allows me to use less Cure which also allows me to use less cure potency and focus more on buffs.
    Mechanics and Statististics does not overrule Experiance and Skills of the job you are playing. Strategy does exist otherwise why have all the job abilities in the first place?
    Not everyone is going to have the same gear as you. We make do with what we have.

And that's where strategy differs.

I believe our conversation came to an end after it was realized that a party with bad DDs lead to slow kills leads to more cure, which in this case is why 50% cure potency is needed.

Hvelgamir only took 2 weeks to earn. WoE version could take less.

Flat out saying it has no benefit I still do not believe. I already stated why. Are you really going to eliminate a small option that could make a difference? No matter how little the detail, in the end small details lead to bigger outcomes that could help you to be stronger and survive better. I just don't understand why people ignore this? Because it takes too long? No time?

You advise people it's worthless. I use it all the time and say its not. I don't have it because it looks pretty, and I don't keep it in store collecting dust.

I've use it in many occasions such as death and reraise, weakens status and it has its use.

If our party makes 9k plasm, how am I hurting my alliance? Is that weak? Are we suppose to be making more than that?

I think the issue here is that you are assuming I party with bad DDs or Half DDs. And not seeing how gear and skills can change the outcome of your strategy.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-05-2013 at 08:22 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Toukai View Post
    That's a shame. I was really hoping to look through the guide again. Found it the other night, I work nights and when things get slow I check out the forums. I only get a chance to play XI during the day and I wanted to apply some of those methods in order to help fund my gungnir (I know lolshock spikes) but now it's all gone =(
    And I apologize, I removed it because I was criticized for not knowing anything and didn't want to further mislead people with my work. Also didn't get enough feedback.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-05-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Player
    You say there wasn't enough feedback, there was, just not the positive type you so desired, had you simply accepted that others had given info which was more accurate or in the case of Emp Staff v Owleyes you could have simply continued onward and had people getting help from this. Instead you are acting like a little kid who thought since a couple people made fun of your sand castle you would just smash it with your shovel and complain people made you do it because they made fun of you. You said your goal here was to help people, well, some of the things you said were helping people, but then you deleted everything, now all you did was waste your time when you put all of the work into this that you did, does it not seem that you are acting stupid by doing such a thing?
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    You say there wasn't enough feedback, there was, just not the positive type you so desired, had you simply accepted that others had given info which was more accurate or in the case of Emp Staff v Owleyes you could have simply continued onward and had people getting help from this. Instead you are acting like a little kid who thought since a couple people made fun of your sand castle you would just smash it with your shovel and complain people made you do it because they made fun of you. You said your goal here was to help people, well, some of the things you said were helping people, but then you deleted everything, now all you did was waste your time when you put all of the work into this that you did, does it not seem that you are acting stupid by doing such a thing?
    Seriously DJ? You've partied with me before and should know better.theres a reason the other post got locked. I'm not acting like a kid, I'm just fed up dealing with non sense. I have better things to do and better places to go than stick around people who don't want to look past themselves and accept others can be different.

And now you are falling into the same as others when I said you are replying without reading the entire conversation which leads to misunderstanding.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Player
    I don't need to read an entire conversation to see that your guide that was meant to help people was deleted. You think no info was helpful in there? No, some was, that's obvious, and people are coming back to look at it now, but guess what, its gone, you removed it, why? You got criticism, are you telling me you accepted it and said it was a good piece of advice to add on? No, from what parts I did see and read it seemed like you were arguing that there are options, and they were wrong, starting fights with people which caused all of this. The thing with options and your statement of 'people need to look past themselves and accept others are different' is that you are arguing with these same people about their attempt to explain things to you which are in fact different, and in some cases, easier improvements for players.

The main thing I saw you argue about with these people is the Emp Staff and the Owleyes, and in this argument I dare you to tell me that its easier to make the Emp Staff or even the WoE staff than it is to get Owleyes, but you cant, and wont, because I know you man, your not stupid. I am not trying to be a dick, I know you, and I know what this looks like overall, you deleting your guide helped no one, not a single person. After the last few times I have talked to you when you have been talking about how you put all of your time into this, so much so I have not seen you around on FFXI in the last week, deleting now seems like a pointless move.

On top of everything else, think about who you really are doing harm by deleting it anyways. If you left it here and ignored people who were posting the feedback or criticism you could have continued or left it as it was, those in need of the assistance could have come and gone as the wished, and the people who gave you that same criticism could have added in things that would help as well. As of now, you have deleted this entire thread of everything helpful to those in need, did that hurt the people you were arguing with in any way shape or form? No, they knew all of this already, and if anything, they knew potentially more, which is why they argued with you about it, but the people who did need it, are the ones who you just hurt by taking it away.

Its like if you were in a place, cooking free food for those in need, then a couple wealthy business men walk in and tell you that your food tastes horrible, and all of a sudden you yell for everyone to get out and then set the place on fire. All you just did was screw the homeless people who were in need, and getting your assistance out of that same assistance, the wealthy business men aren't helping, they might have the money, but where is their free food to those in need? No where, and you just burnt down the one place they had. This thread was that place to an extent, a guide to try helping people who are in need in this game get on their feet and try getting something done, rather than giving up on it because everyone tries to skip to the end. I do not see these other people making a guide like this, not even trying, no real attempt it seems, so while they talk big about knowing more, where is their guide? When they have that, then they can put you down, then they can tell you that your doing more harm than good, but till then, the best they should ever offer is feedback and advice, and all you should do, is accept that, and continue onward, rather than burning down your efforts to help that you put so much time into, and walking away.

You told me yesterday or day before you wanted me to come here and support you, I looked, I saw your argument, and I couldn't support you, because I did not agree with what you were doing. I was not about to go telling people that I agreed with you when I did not, I did not agree with the argument you had before, and I do not agree with the action you took as a result. If all you do at this point man is walk away from this and give up, then you helped almost no one even though you put so much time in, and some people really were helped. If you try to rebuild on it and make it into a guide again, you might help more people, and do what you tried from the start, but if you do that, you have to be willing and able to accept the very same kind of feedback you resisted this time, and cause all of these problems. I hope you choose to go the path of helping more people, because while you seem to think it caused nothing but problems and deleted it, you put a lot of time into this, and I would hate to watch all of that work go to waste, especially with the amount of people you could help that are trying to get somewhere in this game, rather than standing around, lost and confused, or simply giving up.
    (0)

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast