Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    I'm trying to repair one of my old computers so I still have a machine that can run this without the random game freezes every 40-120 minutes since my current gaming PC (which is nonetheless 4 years old itself) is too modern to run it.
    I have a custom PC I built for XIV that can easily play that game on the highest settings (8,400 Benchmark, max settings)
    I can play XI just fine maxed, but you should know there's a graphics card glitch with the game where you can't have weather+shadows on at the same time or it'll randomly go black.

FFXI is a very old game, it hasn't aged well at all.. And after playing on the North American FFXIV servers I'll never play on a JP server again.. the latency is gone, everything is super fast.

XIV was also built on PC and ported to PS3, so the core system will have none of the XI limitations.

People need to stop looking at SE through the Eyes of early XI. They made plenty of mistakes in their first MMO (XI) but I have to get them 110% for learning their lessons in XIV: A Realm Reborn. Yoshi has litereally personally addressed every single issue I can possibly think of. The post he made last week took me about an hour to read, it was literally a novel detailing why, how and what they addressed, in XIV. No company anywhere is doing what they are doing in XIV.
    (4)

Character
    Xiozan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I will probably cancel my FFXI account (after 11 years of non-stop subscribing) and start anew with FFXIV: ARR. Initially I purchased the Collector's Edition 1.0 version of FFXIV; now that I can have the Collector's Edition of ARR with all of the nice little bonus items, I'll be spending all of my time exploring the new game. So until I have a reason, (if I have a reason), I won't be reactivating my FFXI account once FFXIV: ARR goes live.
    (3)

{DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations.

3. 07-04-2013 09:48 AM

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraku_Diabolos View Post
    You mad, bro? It's not my fault I didn't keep my subscription active so I did not get Legacy. You did that, not me (if you played the game; so I gots Legacy, haterz). I ought to make my own FFXIV: ARR T-shirt that says, "I'm a Legacy Player, {Bio} {Tachi}s!"
    Quit that, no need to behave this way towards him. Misinformed he may be, but comments like these are what gets threads locked :/
    (0)

Character
    Ilppalazzo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I already have my CE ordered so I'll probably play both. Depending on how much I like 14 though (never played 1.0 rig wasn't good enough at the time) I may grind a few months on it before going back to 11. Either way I'll probably just play 14 with a far more relaxed mind set and I thank it for that.
    (1)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilpalazzo View Post
    I already have my CE ordered so I'll probably play both. Depending on how much I like 14 though (never played 1.0 rig wasn't good enough at the time) I may grind a few months on it before going back to 11. Either way I'll probably just play 14 with a far more relaxed mind set and I thank it for that.
    You needed a PC from like NASA or something to run 1.0 good xD Mine did okay, but my room was always really hot. @.@

I hear you about the more relaxed mindset, though. Even with 1.0, it was almost like a godsend. I love XI, I really do... but jeez it just takes too damn long to do anything. After playing a few months of XIV, it was hard for me to justify doing things in XI.

I always keep my account active though, and pop in from time to time, though I mostly do crafting and the odd Abyssea farm. Nothing major anymore.
    (1)

Beta starts in less than 24 hours!
    (1)

Player
    Japan, one of the greatest, most beautiful cities in the entire world. I sometime blamed my mom for not giving birth to me in Tokyo. Why she couldn't take a vacation when it's only a 2 hour flight from Korea D: im sure if she was in midair in between the two countries and had me, I coulda had a choice.

Oh yeah OP I'm gone in a heartbeat. Just think this community is lacking too much. Need more positive than negatives. 14 will be fresh with new people starting on the same level as everyone so there won't be any critiscm on whose better than the other or whose gear is the best.

No more skipping content, leveling fast and expecting others to do it or screw it.

And atleast nothing will be worthless.

Oh and I'm sure there won't be any tired players who have been playing so long that just doesn't care about anyone else anymore.

(By the way don't take offense as its only an opinion and nothing is fact, I'm not directing my comment to anyone so don't take it personal if you think I am. This does not apply to you unless you fit the description.)
    (0)
    Last edited by Daemon; 07-04-2013 at 07:56 PM.

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well.. this is now the number one thing in my opinion that seals the deal between the games. The Duty Finder video. Maybe they'll implement something like this for XI, but I have a feeling the PS2 limitations it won't work.

http://youtu.be/QIBPqZ0rNQ8
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    Quit that, no need to behave this way towards him. Misinformed he may be, but comments like these are what gets threads locked :/
    Sorry, it's just that people need to get over one little that they missed when they first played the game. No reason for him to get mad and threaten us. My apologies, but he needs to do it, too.
    (0)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraku_Diabolos View Post
    Sorry, it's just that people need to get over one little that they missed when they first played the game. No reason for him to get mad and threaten us. My apologies, but he needs to do it, too.
    He wasn't mad or threatening, he was just stating an opinion of his, that stems from not knowing how the servers are set up o_O If he still feels that way, well, that's his thing, but I'm not gonna lose sleep over it and neither should you.
    (3)

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast