Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It will be interesting to see if FFXIV actually kills this game. For years we've heard "You can't kill PS2 support! Everyone plays on PS2!". Or "I can't afford a computer to play FFXI on!" or "I shouldn't have to buy a computer to play FFXI!".

Seems to me that if any of those people were telling the truth (I personally think they are full of crap) then the game should be just fine because it has a captive audience. We'll see...
    (1)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragomair View Post
    FFXI. FFXIV isn't even an option for any serious gamer.
    I'll keep playing FFXI, and likely Rift.
    That's a lovely opinion.
    (3)

How about neither? There's an old saying. Fool me once...

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectreman View Post
    Fool me once, your fault, fool me twice my fault.
    Sorry, to copy you. I didn't read the whole thread.
    (2)
    Last edited by Catmato; 06-29-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    How about neither? There's an old saying. Fool me once...
    I hated FFX. First Final Fantasy I didn't like. I'm really glad I didn't give up on the company after that, though. I enjoyed XI, XII, XIII and XIII-2 very much.

I get that MMOs are different though. People get attached, feel they worked hard to get things, then cheated or something. If XI made me feel stuck I can see being cautious about the next SE MMO. Thankfully, though, taking a break from the game has never been any more than clicking the cancel button and buying a new game for me. It will be just as easy to do that in XIV.
    (0)
    Last edited by Merton9999; 06-29-2013 at 10:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragomair View Post
    FFXI. FFXIV isn't even an option for any serious gamer.
    I'll keep playing FFXI, and likely Rift.
    Translation: FFXIV doesn't cater to no-lifers, cheaters, or elitists.
    (4)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

I'll play both if I get a discount for doing so. Both games for 20% less than it normally would be, and I'm probably in. If not, I'll probably stick to just one of them after a while.

In fact, I think that discounts even for multiple FFXI accounts within the same SE account could drive the total account number up, but that's a different topic.
    (1)

Character
    Zehira
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    As I have considered, I realized that most of players in XI are going to after the best gears in the game and I still have a lot of stuff I need to finish before I can able to do most of things. I can't do Dynamis - Beaucedine and Xarcabard until I have to complete the first four cities which nobody wants to do it anymore. Since my friends are going to play XIV and XI will be the game I play just for the stories.
    (0)

Character
    Umisith
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    FFXIV, i want to play summoner in eorzea!
    (1)

I've given up on FFXI awhile ago. My character is rotting away for good now. I've moved on to FFXIV: ARR now and I could not be any more happier. Plus having Legacy status ROCKS (I can make up to 40 characters ). The content is more fresh in ARR than what's in FFXI. In FFXI, I feel like I'm playing an N64 game, mainly Zelda: Ocarina of Time. It's so outdated. I mean, there are NO shadows casted off buildings or walls. Even trees have no shadows! The only shadows I see are from other players, NPCs, and monsters. I'd wish there was some way they could beef up the graphics a bit more on FFXI so it would look better...
    (1)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Honestly, XI's graphics don't bother me. I mean, they are what makes the game in a weird sense. What bothers me is the years worth of band-aid fixes catching up to them, and their lack of action in going back and fixing stuff (rdm, smn, inventory, etc), and their stubbornness to hang on to the ps2, which limits expanding the game.
    (4)

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast