Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Character
    Uberlee
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader81 View Post
    Well.. this is now the number one thing in my opinion that seals the deal between the games. The Duty Finder video. Maybe they'll implement something like this for XI, but I have a feeling the PS2 limitations it won't work.

http://youtu.be/QIBPqZ0rNQ8
    The duty finder would never fly with this community unless they added the "R/M/E/D/ only" button, so they wouldn't get grouped with people they feel are less than themselves, these people would rather shout for hours and possibly not even group, then take a chance on a single DD that doesn't have one of those weapons.
    (1)

Character
    Aldebaron
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    And then this just came out...

http://youtu.be/--a6__DnOdc
    (2)

I use the word "You" alot, Vizzer I'm not implying YOU specifically but YOU as a general audience that may be reading this. K buddy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzer View Post
    The duty finder would never fly with this community unless they added the "R/M/E/D/ only" button, so they wouldn't get grouped with people they feel are less than themselves, these people would rather shout for hours and possibly not even group, then take a chance on a single DD that doesn't have one of those weapons.
    In their defense, what they're trying to weed out when they ask for that is the lazy folk. Time isn't a valid excuse anymore when the events to get a R or E can be done in under 2 hours, and have no minimum time needed, and you can do them in 30 minute bursts a day and still get them in a reasonable frame (Well, Empyreans anyway).

But in that light, having a RMED doesn't automatically make you not a retard, and theres a better than good chance there are players out there without a RMED who are better than players with a RMED, unfortunately the difference between a Delve weapon and a non-delve weapon are catastrophically huge, to the point unless said Delve-Owner was half naked and fulltiming 1 set of armor that was hideously mismatched and mediocre, the Delve DD will likely still win.

People without a Delve weapon have to understand, Content like 5NM+Megaboss or even just 5NM~ runs were designed for the best of the best players, They're designed for you to have Delve weapons. Now for just "1 NM Wins", for some of the fight it boils down to more factors than your DD, but the DD are still a strong factor, and without enough Damage you time out or die due to killing too slow.

A group can stand to invite a mediocre DD or two and still win if the others pick up their pace, but if they're doing a Megaboss run like Tojil, inviting a Non-Delve DD is suicide for the run, because the damage difference is so huge its not even funny.

So, one can't really be upset/butthurt that people want to try and add any idiot filter they can to shouts, even though they're not 100% effective, If you just shout and invite everything and everyone who sends you a tell, Your runs will more oft than not be riddled with failures, disbanding, and rather you like it or not, you'll get a reputation as a bad leader and the few good players you picked up on the first failed run will begin to avoid your shouts knowing you don't care who you invite and thats a dangerous game when FFXI is riddled with so many tards and gimps.

Now i know some of the people who shout for RMED or Ignorant things like "Enfeeble Skill 525+" which, btw if you see that kind of shout know the leader is full retarded because the best enfeebling set puts you @ or under 500 skill with much more magic accuracy than a 525+ build could ever bring you since, while the tests are old, most show 1 SKill = 1 macc so they're interchangeable.

Bottom line this new content wasn't designed so you could half-a** it and leech off other peoples effort just because you feel entitled to it without any of the work other people put into their gear or weapons, and you can't blame someone for trying their best to form a group who will win.

Edit: For what its worth, I might give FFXIV a try if my friends play it, but FFXI is just flat out dead to me, I don't even have a sorta-itch to reactivate or play anymore... It saddens me to know this but my motivation is shot and my will to play gone.
    (2)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-05-2013 at 02:18 AM.

Character
    Uberlee
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    People on my server aren't even shouting for 5NM+Megaboss wins right now, their only wanting those types of weapons goes from anything from VW and NNI all the way through Plasm farming. The first people that got KI wins didn't have delve weapons, but now they require people to have them, I'm saying the attitude of the long term players in this game is pretty bad, but that's ok, they can stay here and maybe putting together groups will be a bit easier for them when they do the next server merge.

I have also brought up the content finder in XIV before, and how maybe the idea could be worked in sometime in the future, and all the responses to it were either about it not being plausable in XI, or the fact that content finders kill MMO's and their communities.http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...to-resub/page2
    (2)
    Last edited by Vizzer; 07-05-2013 at 07:02 AM.

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    People on my server aren't even shouting for 5NM+Megaboss wins right now, their only wanting those types of weapons goes from anything from VW and NNI all the way through Plasm farming. The first people that got KI wins didn't have delve weapons, but now they require people to have them, I'm saying the attitude of the long term players in this game is pretty bad, but that's ok, they can stay here and maybe putting together groups will be a bit easier for them when they do the next server merge.

I have also brought up the content finder in XIV before, and how maybe the idea could be worked in sometime in the future, and all the responses to it were either about it not being plausable in XI, or the fact that content finders kill MMO's and their communities.http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...to-resub/page2
    Wow, Shiva sounds pretty bad Lol. I haven't seen it get to quite that level just yet on Phoenix XD
    (0)

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    well, im still screwing around on XI but seekers is definitely killing it, and FFXIV is godawful

so I'm installing the JP version of Phantasy Star Online 2 now
    (1)

Character
    Ilppalazzo
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Vil View Post
    You needed a PC from like NASA or something to run 1.0 good xD Mine did okay, but my room was always really hot. @.@

I hear you about the more relaxed mindset, though. Even with 1.0, it was almost like a godsend. I love XI, I really do... but jeez it just takes too damn long to do anything. After playing a few months of XIV, it was hard for me to justify doing things in XI.

I always keep my account active though, and pop in from time to time, though I mostly do crafting and the odd Abyssea farm. Nothing major anymore.
    Well one of my major problems is I work evenings 5 days a week so I literally can't get a endgame LS unless I want to learn Japanese and play in the early mornings. I also agree that it still takes way to long to get certain gear read "99 RME" I mean don't get me wrong I'm okay with them taking 2-4 months with 1-2 hours a day of working on them solo. But alas there are still those old school extremest that say I worked hard so you have to as well. Hell I've played this game for 7+ years now and was pretty hardcore for many of them and have had various endgame ls and I don't have that kinda attitude.
    (0)

Yah, In that case it just sounds like your server is 'tarded, Cause if its for NNI or something, Even things like a good Augmented Skirmish weapon would work.
    (0)

I'll likely pre-order XIV next Wednesday and deactivate my Content ID in September if I find XIV satisfactory enough to justify the monthly payments.

In the meantime, I'll probably find something to do in Adoulin that doesn't revolve around Delve. It's difficult, though, not to see that XI has become a shell of itself and no longer serves every player. In a sense, it has become Wizardry Online sans permadeath.
    (1)
    Hayward: Cerberus-San d'Oria

5/5 +1: Cirque [4/5], Tantra [4/5], Ferine [4/5], Estoqueur's [1/5], Sylvan, Navarch's [1/5], Savant's, Orison [1/5], Charis [2/5]

5/5 +2: Creed, Caller's, Unkai, Iga, Raider's, Lancer's, Mavi, Ravager's, Goetia, Bale, Aoidos'

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
    I'll likely pre-order XIV next Wednesday and deactivate my Content ID in September if I find XIV satisfactory enough to justify the monthly payments.
    Hay, if you end up in XIV, me and a bunch of people I know have decided on a server to roll on. Let me know if you want in.
    (0)
    Last edited by Duelle; 07-05-2013 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Not sure if I can talk about server names yet >.>

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast