Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    After having played vanilla WoW & TERA, I decided to make it a rule to not play any MMO until it's had at least one expansion, just to ensure it's not a dying game (sup TERA), or buggy/lacking content to start (hi crashing WoW servers).

It also gives the game enough times for players to come up with a general consensus if this new MMO (not XIV, but new MMOs in general) is just another case of "grass is greener on the other side" or not, since beta perceptions always tend to get inflated, like it did with TERA for me, that was a really fun beta, until retail hit and you finished everything in two weeks.....

God damn, why did TERA's battle engine have to get wasted on TERA? XIV's feels so boring in comparison with its 2.5GCD.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kaisha; 06-27-2013 at 03:23 AM.

Character
    Knightstrike
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 60
    I noticed when my Girlfriend was playing beta she was hitting buttons like I do while playing fighters (Street Fighter), this is how I feel, if I want to play a fast paced game like a fighter I'd play street fighter x tekken, not saying I dislike it, like I said I'll probably play both.
    (0)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkStoneDragon View Post
    I noticed when my Girlfriend was playing beta she was hitting buttons like I do while playing fighters (Street Fighter), this is how I feel, if I want to play a fast paced game like a fighter I'd play street fighter x tekken, not saying I dislike it, like I said I'll probably play both.
    Not a reasonable comparison. Hitting buttons rapidly in an MMO does not make it akin to a side-action fighting game. That's like saying Galaga is like Street Fighter because you're constantly and rapidly pushing buttons.
    (1)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'll play both.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    ...my Girlfriend is in the beta and we haven't heard any NPC talking, the only game we've seen that in was GW2, so if you guys like FFXI and cancel your sub one day it may not be there to come back to, so that's why if we play XIV we'll be on both, but from what I've seen when she's playing, XI seems better IMO the battle mechanics seems kinda janky on XIV and the targeting system is messed up, but just keep in mind next time you cancel your XI sub what I mentioned in this post. Is there a link that someone can post where someone said XI needs more manpower?
    This past weekend I completed a quest in XIV that ended in a CS with lots of NPC voice acting. So it's there, even in the beta. It took a while for me to see it though. From what I read they are adding more for release.

Has your gf played with the targeting filters? They are highly customizable, and making a few simple tweaks made a huge difference for me.
    (0)

Character
    Knightstrike
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    This past weekend I completed a quest in XIV that ended in a CS with lots of NPC voice acting. So it's there, even in the beta. It took a while for me to see it though. From what I read they are adding more for release.

Has your gf played with the targeting filters? They are highly customizable, and making a few simple tweaks made a huge difference for me.
    Does it have a combat system similar to XI to make it easy to multi-box? (as in 2 PC's 2 accounts) My Girlfriend hasn't had a chance to try it since she has only 1 account.
    (0)

This is the essay that yoshida ( was the guy that made aby for ff11) wrote to all us in the ff14 beta. And this why ff14 is going to be so nice for everyone since he is a mmo fan and played mmo's before. This may be one the best read for any Fans of MMO's , Ever written by a developer on there reason behind a game and a genre in general.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf.../388575/page/1

This square link.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...A-Realm-Reborn

I do plan on playing ff11 some when ff14 comes out , but I feel once i get to harder content on ff14 . Then ff11 will be a back burner game.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Does it have a combat system similar to XI to make it easy to multi-box? (as in 2 PC's 2 accounts) My Girlfriend hasn't had a chance to try it since she has only 1 account.
    The game is designed so you don't need your own mule just to get stuff done.
    Playing two characters in XIV is going to get you noticed in dungeons or parties. The duty finder makes teaming up not a problem, there isn't any out-in-the-field NMs. Why would you want to play two characters at once now?

The active combat which is now non-stop (yes there is auto-attack but not like FFXI) means you need to be doing combos, or moving around the target monster to get the best Damage, you can't just sit on auto-attack and press gear-swap and tp.

Quote Originally Posted by sc4500 View Post
    This is the essay that yoshida ( was the guy that made aby for ff11) wrote to all us in the ff14 beta.
    And this is what the XI team lack, a director with true experience in MMOs, someone with a real passion to succeed and a face to the name.
    (2)
    Last edited by BST; 06-27-2013 at 09:10 AM.

Character
    Uberlee
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sc4500 View Post
    This is the essay that yoshida ( was the guy that made aby for ff11) wrote to all us in the ff14 beta. And this why ff14 is going to be so nice for everyone since he is a mmo fan and played mmo's before. This may be one the best read for any Fans of MMO's , Ever written by a developer on there reason behind a game and a genre in general.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cf.../388575/page/1

This square link.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ARR-Tes...A-Realm-Reborn

I do plan on playing ff11 some when ff14 comes out , but I feel once i get to harder content on ff14 . Then ff11 will be a back burner game.
    I thought it was Tanaka that was the producer for abyssea, Yoshida worked on the Dragon Quest X. Still it's a great game, he has done wonders, and makes it a point to communicate to the community anywhere from posting on the forums, writing his letters from the producer, I have even seen him show up in the beta for XIV in his unique "Wandering Minstrel" gear to welcome everyone and thank them for participating.
    (0)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yoshida is truely a people person when it comes to keeping in touch with the community, which speaks volumes in terms of support. Like Kitty said, it puts a face to the name, instead of some mindless businessman miles and miles away.

I met him during one of the test phases, when he logged in to chat with the people. This was at around 5am my time, so of course, it was prime JP time. I was surrounded by JP players all crowding him and asking him all sorts of questions. I asked mine in the simplest English as I could, and guess what, he responded to me in English, even though he had all sorts of other questions flying by in JP. It made me feel included. It may seem like a small thing, but it speaks volumes about how inclusive he wants everyone to feel in this community, not just the JPs.

XI has broken free of Tanaka's brick wall, but I wish they could do more in terms of interacting with the fanbase like this.
    (7)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast