Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Knightstrike
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 60

will you leave XI for XIV or play both?

Just wondering how many people would drop XI for XIV? my Girlfriend and I will probably try to play both, but XI will most likely be the one we play most.
    (0)

Character
    Vilhem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I posed this question to myself two years ago when XIV first launched. My scenario:

I played both in the beginning, but as I found XIV's layout to be more casual and easier to get into, I slowly started dwindling my time from XI. A few months later I stopped my XI sub because I simply couldn't justify dropping long hours to do stuff it took me less than an hour to do in XIV.

I don't want to say its "grass is greener" scenario, but after experiencing XIV's (and most MMO's of today) gameplay and all that, it was really hard to justify going back.

That's not to say I abandoned XI completely. I do reactivate every so often and play in bursts, such as now (been playing since Adoulin came out). Even when my sub is cancelled though, I do keep up with all the XI news and stuff that's announced (like the Distant Worlds XI concert last year...man I had such a good time ><).
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    I've tried playing both XI and XIV concurrently before, and in my opinion it's not practical. For me, doing so meant keeping tabs on two different circles of friends (i.e. linkshells), and so far the only way to do that is to be logged into both simultaneously.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

FFXI's community isn't even bashful about the feeling that SE *wants* us to migrate {Over there}. Once upon a time, XI was the superior game and it took a lot of self-sabotage here and a lot of improvement over there for that to change, but it has.

Yeah, I'll be playing XIV.
    (4)

There can be only One, and its FFXIV or nothing!
    (3)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Wife and I will likely play both at least long enough to see Adoulins story to its conclusion depending partially on if FFXI players will still get the discount for carrying both subscriptions or if they cut ffxis sub cost.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    XIV for me. After the beta experience, XI feels like I might as well be playing FF1 with a headset.

I haven't enjoyed XI's content since Abyssea, but I logged on frequently just to hang out with friends in a Final Fantasy World that live hundreds of miles from me. They're all switching as well.

If XI gets around to the new UI, new job abilities and such I'll probably resub for a bit to check them out. I've never been into alliance activities with big time commitments, but I do like to progress through full story content. If I can possibly complete the Adoulin story when it's finished with a few people without grinding item level 120 gear, I'd think about that too.
    (4)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Oh it won't require level 120 gear but you won't get into a shout group for it unless you have it...considering people want finished delve weapons just to plasm farm...
    (3)

Character
    Uberlee
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    How many XI players have shouted that XIV is a WoW clone because the quest system was developed with a WoW style system in mind. The whole item level gear sounds a lot like gear score, so is it too soon to say XI is trying to become a WoW clone itself?
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzer View Post
    How many XI players have shouted that XIV is a WoW clone because the quest system was developed with a WoW style system in mind. The whole item level gear sounds a lot like gear score, so is it too soon to say XI is trying to become a WoW clone itself?
    Nope. Seems like pretty good timing. Just be careful of the rage you're about to endure from people closing their eyes and flailing wildly because you brought up a valid point.
    (0)

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast