Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    So they're planning on letting us upgrade R/E/Ms to be on par with current Delve weapons. But before this is actually implemented, they are going to add new weapons that are even stronger? Somebody please tell me I'm wrong here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [*]Why not increase the level cap?
    To be extremely frank, increasing the level cap was never an option.

So then what were our options?

Below are the two plans:
    1. Expand equipment variation laterally
      This would be preserving the original style of the game up until now.
      Keeping relics, mythics, and empyreans at the top, add gear that can be used depending on the situation without creating higher tiers of equipment. No changes to the level 99 cap.

2. Boost equipment variation vertically
      This is the current plan.
      Add equipment that surpasses relics, mythics, and empyrean. Player level cap of 99 remains unchanged, but growth takes place via equipment.
    You have your answer.
    (1)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah I know... I was just hoping there was something I missed somewhere.

You know, I think I can safely say I have never seen so many people being angry, pessimistic and without much hope for the future of this game as I see now.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

You know, I think I can safely say I have never seen so many people being angry, pessimistic and without much hope for the future of this game as I see now.
    There are a lot of reasons for that.

The decision to surpass R/E/Ms should have never seen the light of day. Most of us will quit over that alone (I'm planning to cancel my accounts).

This dev team is a dangerous combination of overworked, under resourced, inexperienced and incompetent. We get Mog Gardens instead of job adjustments. We get seasonal events instead of the new 1 hour abilities...or new avatars....or new UI...or new merit points categories...or one handed adjustments...or anything.

We get gimmicks and fluff. Not things that are meaningful to game play. The game needs cancer treatments and they are giving it a cute haircut.

They have no ability to prioritize development work that needs to happen. We get item level adjustments to determine Exp gain at 99....LOL...stupid ass mog gardens that are of no use to anyone (and how long have they been working on that. YES...now I can HELM in PRIVATE).

There is nothing in this update notes I saw that interests me in the slightest. A couple of things pissed me off. And the lack of inclusion of the 1 hand update, JA timers separate and others...

I'm done. I'm not paying full service fees for service that I'm not getting.

Shame on you, Square Enix, for allowing this to happen to FFXI. Shame on you for putting it in the hands of unqualified developers and producers. Shame on you for killing the game that so many of your fans loved.
    (22)
    Last edited by Nebo; 06-28-2013 at 01:26 AM.

Character
    Luscia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

This right here. SE, WTF is wrong with you? Clearly you have pissed off a good portion of your player base and you are doing NOTHING to explain yourselves. The RME issue is a major make or break thing and from what I am seeing you broke it. You say you will revamp the dmg, but also say that the current plan is to make weapons that go beyond these. I understand you may want to cater to the average Joe playing this game who can't get an RME, but some of us have spent YEARS making these weapons and they deserve to be the best in the game. Delve is a nice alternative since most have access, but they shouldn't be the best. Are you hoping we'll just except it and move on? Does it look like we'll except it and move on? Hell no!

The current plan for the upcoming update is awful; we players have asked quite a few times about RMEs, new 1hrs, and new avatars. But no info is ever given; EVER. You're all so tight lipped it's pointless to say; "Here's some news on ___" and all you say tells us pretty much nothing. Instead you give us the Mog Gardens and where as they look pretty, how much use do you really see this getting? I mean really. We'll probably all go out there for a day, make the servers lag or even crash and then forget it even existed. You all have been promising us stuff like the few mentioned above for months, if not a year; and you have shown NOTHING. We saw one little video of Cait Sith and all she did was whack a mob, no BPs, no nothing. You told us the ideas of the 1hrs; what they were and what they'd possibly do; but then nothing. And now the run around the RMEs.

I understand adding content to the expansion, but honestly there should have been more of it at launch. The game has a lot of problems and right now you all can't seem to stop the bleeding. If RMEs are to no longer be the top weapons than you have truly killed the game for a lot of people; it almost seems like you want this to die off so we will all move onto 14 and you can put everyone onto it.
    (16)

Quote Originally Posted by Luscia View Post
    it almost seems like you want this to die off so we will all move onto 14 and you can put everyone onto it.
    By the way this game is going now I won't even be touching 14.
    Because no matter how good it is, even that game will eventually get the same treatment and leave many long term dedicated players demotivated and disappointed as soon as their next gen MMO is being developed.

For now, my own accounts will be canceled after the July bonanza and reactivation completely depends on the path SE decides to take with this game.
    (22)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    For now, my own accounts will be canceled after the July bonanza and reactivation completely depends on the path SE decides to take with this game.
    Same here Shirai, I'll be cancelling before next billing cycle which is in about 27 days for me. Makes me so sad...
    (5)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    i'm pretty much just staying subbed and logging in to finish my assault journals for my mythic lately.
    If anything has ever made me feel like I underwent an epic journey with friends in ffxi and 'beat ffxi' it was doing the entire ToAU expansion and making a mythic.

In contrast with SoA, everyone on multiple servers is just buying Delve megaboss wins, whats the point of endgame now?
    I don't see why R/M/E have to take a backseat to megaboss weapons that people put zero effort into (dropping 20-30mil on leeching a win).

I at least had respect for Ragnarok bandwagoners because they had to put in more work for their weapon than the guy with lots of gil and no skill that buys a Senbaak Nagan in jeuno out of a bazaar.

Longterm goals were good for this game and subscriptions, SoA completely lacks any kind of long term goals that will keep people playing like the lengthy R/M/E building process. This 'gotta have it now' era with buying megaboss wins and plasm grind is a shortsighted design plan for this game.
    (15)

Character
    Trisscar
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    So they're planning on letting us upgrade R/E/Ms to be on par with current Delve weapons. But before this is actually implemented, they are going to add new weapons that are even stronger? Somebody please tell me I'm wrong here...
    There is also the problem of getting currencies to upgrade Empyreans, which only come from Logwatch. Have Squaresuck said anything about adding those currencies to other events yet?
    (2)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The adjustment is bulshit, they could have already done it. Their purposely stahling to force the player base to adapt and get into the new content. The longer it takes, the more people grind to get back on top. The more revenue it'll generate. Apparently they're willing to risk alienating a few players for this. The only way to show them their wrong is to un~subscribe til the problem is fixed.
    Personally I'm torn over the whole thing. I have a whole set a friends I love getting together with and doing content. And having to leave them high and dry to make a point to SE really angers me. I know the simple answer is to just do the content and get a delve weapon. BUt that doesn't take away the fact that I'm still pisst that a weapon that took me 2 years to complete just got trump by a base weapon :/
    (15)

Character
    Luscia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    My thoughts exactly.
    (6)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast