Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86
  1. #61
    Player Tamoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,061
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    You're just as entitled as anyone else here to express your opinions on any topic brought up here. However, I find it to be true that the majority of those saying good riddance to R/M/Es, don't own one themselves, and I think it's safe to say the same people would indeed be upset too, if they had spent countless hours and millions of gil for nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    People don't want to have to burn months and months in old content just to get a "pass" to get better gear in a new raid. That's not very fun progression. They want quicker, more linear gear progression in fresh game content. Don't be upset when the developers decide to follow current industry demands in an effort to revitalize the game.
    That explains why so many people are so angry on this and other FFXI forums because their weapons have been reduced to a mannequin piece, right? So angry that they have already quit or are on the verge of quitting, even. Doesn't sound like a good way to revitalize this game to me.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

    This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

  2. #62
    Player Peepiopi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    72
    Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    That explains why so many people are so angry on this and other FFXI forums because their weapons have been reduced to a mannequin piece, right? So angry that they have already quit or are on the verge of quitting, even. Doesn't sound like a good way to revitalize this game to me.
    That's just how progression works. For example, WOW has several legendary items that have come out over the years, as do other games. These items usually take the same level of time and commitment (if not more) than the RMEs (trust me, I've gotten some of these items in some oth/ler games. part of the reason why i'm not thrilled about undertaking those types of projects again). As the game progresses, and new content comes out, those items are not viable at end game anymore. However people still get them because they are rare accomplishments. Once people stop running that old content, the items become even more exclusive, which makes them cooler and more endearing.

    Let's assume for a moment that SE decided to wait until SoA to raise the level cap to 99, then left the RMEs at maybe lvl 85 or something. People would still go after the cool top end delve gear, but keep their RMEs because of the coolness factor. The same thing would happen if they stopped upgrading the RMEs now, and decided to put full focus on SoA gear.

    If that were to occur, then certainly some players who are attached to their RMEs might quit the game. But I can assure you that the number of people that would quit over that is far less than you think it would be. Vastly more players would just continue with the current content. In fact, if they make the new game content appealing enough, they can generate new subscribers even though the game is older.
    (1)

  3. #63
    Player Fynlar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Windurst
    Posts
    352
    Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No, I don't have an RME
    You should probably stop talking about the subject then
    (12)

  4. #64
    Player Direct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    40
    Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    You're claiming that RME happily coexisted together, and any of the 3 are just as strong as any other one? My best friend ingame has a 99 bravura and has been turned down in over a dozen parties because the 99 bravura was not a 90 ukon. How many dragoons strive towards gungnir instead of ryunohige? Who in their right mind would make a gambanteinn for their whm instead of yagrush? Redemption or ragnarok? Kikoku or kannagi? Farsha or guttler? Claustrum or chatoyant staff?

    There is ALWAYS a best. It fluctuates with time and circumstance, but there is always one that is on top, and everyone strives to be the best. Everyone wants a delve megaboss weapon right now, but not everyone has the means to obtain one. Not everyone has the means to obtain even a normal delve weapon. So right now, we have reached a point in the game where weapon diversity is at a peak. It will eventually level out as everyone learns how to kill megabosses, but hopefully by that time, we'll have new gear to strive towards, and the climb continues.

    Why 99 Bravura was ahead of 90 Ukon in pure dmg anyway, unless you ment to say 99 Ukon then i appologise.

    At the issue at hand, se need to realise that people just won't stand for there rem to be outclassed and with 14 so close they better get it sorted.
    (5)

  5. #65
    Player Kriegsgott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Bastok
    Posts
    260
    Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    Trolololololol lololol lololol
    does it hurt? serously now....
    (2)

  6. #66
    Player Peepiopi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    72
    Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    does it hurt? serously now....
    Did you have a point to make? Your post doesn't even make sense.
    (1)

  7. #67
    Player Peepiopi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    72
    Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    You should probably stop talking about the subject then
    Oh.. Sorry. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to share my thoughts on the subject too. Didn't know this was your corner of the internet where you just complain about things like old men on rocking chairs.
    (1)

  8. #68
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    Did you have a point to make? Your post doesn't even make sense.
    We was speaking of your butthurt for not having a RME.
    (9)

  9. #69
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ru'Lude Gardens!
    Posts
    4,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    Oh.. Sorry. I didn't know I wasn't allowed to share my thoughts on the subject too. Didn't know this was your corner of the internet where you just complain about things like old men on rocking chairs.
    Well you see, as your part of the community who has no RME, you are less effected by this than we are, greatly in fact. Might I ask how Delve is currently helping the player base? RMEs got out done and to me it seems like casual players got even more fucked over in this way than when RME weapons were always on top, so to me it seems like this solution screwed everyone. Yet you say you like it, so yeah, sorry if people do not like your opinion on things when not only do you lack a RME, but also are saying you like something that screwed people without high end weapons than before.
    (9)

  10. #70
    Player Tamoa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,061
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    That's just how progression works.
    In the 11 years this game has existed, that has NOT been how progression has worked. This isn't WoW or "another game". That's the whole point here, which you seem to miss by miles.


    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    In fact, if they make the new game content appealing enough, they can generate new subscribers even though the game is older.
    I pity anyone who's a newcomer in FFXI now. SoA and Delve made the gap between new players and veterans even wider than it was before.


    Get back to me when you've made a weapon worth 170 mil gil in heavy metal plates and riftcinders because you really enjoy playing this one job and want it to be as well-geared as you can possibly make it, only to have SE tell you that your efforts - and the efforts of the people that helped you - have been made worthless less than 2 weeks later.

    Not to mention mythics. Thank God I never started on Kogarasumaru.
    (7)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 07-03-2013 at 09:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

    This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast