Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Ok, listen, this is where people go wrong. There is no reason at all in the game right now that Delve requires Delve weapons, gear, or anything of the sort, it also does not require RME weapons.
    Bottom line, most groups without awesome weaponry like that are going to fail at killing most of these NMs. People would rather not waste their time with that.
    (2)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Bottom line, most groups without awesome weaponry like that are going to fail at killing most of these NMs. People would rather not waste their time with that.
    Bottom-line is there is bottom line lol. People will rage on until they get what they want. RMEs are time-sinks, and they hardly require "skill". So it's silly to make the excuse that requiring RMEs is only a requirement as a "skillcheck". Delve content is doable through regular SoA progression which is going to get easier with the July update. So all requiring RMEs does is restrict the content to a few diehards, which is bad for the game.

A company that caters to a few diehard's demands is going to fail. They make more money off of casual players. More money generally means better development and better maintenance.
    (2)

Character
    Yummypie
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    @Peepiopi: I know of casual players who play regularly for about 3 hours a day. They are as casual as your average Joe and Jane. They worked hard for their relic weapon. I have seen a guy who logged on for a couple hours a day and shout for Assault/Salvage so he can get his mythic weapon. Are these the 'die hard'? Or are they just diligence people who just want to accomplish something with the small amount of time they have to play?

There are lots of reasons why these people aren't playing like you or probably a fair number of other 'hardcore' players. Time constraints or just no longer like the groupie groupie large LS events. I admit using REM for a skillcheck is insanely inaccurate but let me ask you this: do you have a better idea for checking a player? Or are you just ranting about how bad it is. How do you know how 'skillful' a person is when you 1st meet them? I can tell you this, people use the 1st page of a resume as a 'skill check' but both you and I know that piece of paper is not the representation of the whole person. It's still being used anyways. Right now, it's the same: Delve weapon or you're not getting invited as a DD. Tell me how's that different than REM other than the fact that Delve weapon can be obtained must quicker?

Smart business carters to every single one of their customers. From diehard fans, hardcore triple-boxers to regular guy who plays everyday. Even that guy who doesn't talk to anyone and only solo. Even the guy who does nothing but craft all day long. You cut a piece of your customer base away, you will lose that piece. Your customer base will shrink. Also, FFXI is shrinking. It can not afford to continue cutting away its own customers.

Of course, you are always facing lack of resources to keep everyone happy. You can do a bit of everything or focus on one thing. However, what you don't want to do is alienate your customers. You don't want to have people climb up a ladder and kick it.
    (4)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddwaffle View Post
    @Peepiopi: I know of casual players ... [insert long post]
    I think you missed my point. I'm not ranting about anything. I'm saying it's silly to rant about SEs decision to put more focus on delve gear and SoA progression rather than continuing to make RME the primo weapons in the game. It does not make sense to keep incentivizing the procurement of older gear for anything more than personal trophies. Doing so prevents players from concentrating on the new content they just came out with. It makes more sense to make Skirmish/Delve more appealing.

Pretty soon, more and more people are going to have the skirmish/delve weapons. As that happens, RME weapons are going to become less and less relevent. People are just going to have to deal with that. That's how MMOs work. Old gear gets old. If you're willing to quit over that, then go for it. Maybe it's about time that you quit.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepiopi View Post
    That's how MMOs work. Old gear gets old.
    If it were any other gear you would see no complaints, but show me another MMO with weapons that take this much work, this much of the population has, and then they were outdated in 1 update, after multiple years of keeping them at the top. Show me that, and show me the player base who accepted that as a good thing, or some expected occurrence. I would love to see it.
    (11)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think you missed my point. I'm not ranting about anything. I'm saying it's silly to rant about SEs decision to put more focus on delve gear and SoA progression rather than continuing to make RME the primo weapons in the game. It does not make sense to keep incentivizing the procurement of older gear for anything more than personal trophies. Doing so prevents players from concentrating on the new content they just came out with. It makes more sense to make Skirmish/Delve more appealing.
    No, it does NOT make sense to make R/E/Ms irrelevant. Not when the game is 11 years old and people have invested hours and hours of playtime and millions of gil into these weapons. And please do explain to me how keeping R/E/Ms relevant will prevent players from concentrating on new content? I would really like to know. Because as it is now, Delve is the ONLY thing that's relevant for the majority of players. I would much rather go through the stages to make a mythic (i.e. do nyzul, assaults, Einherjar and collect alexandrites) - at least it offers some variety instead of spamming plasm farm runs over and over and over until I'm bored out of my mind.

Pretty soon, more and more people are going to have the skirmish/delve weapons. As that happens, RME weapons are going to become less and less relevent. People are just going to have to deal with that. That's how MMOs work. Old gear gets old. If you're willing to quit over that, then go for it. Maybe it's about time that you quit.
    Other MMOs might work like that, FFXI never did. And please don't bring up how 75 gear was made irrelevant when the level cap was raised. That's a different thing entirely - and even so, R/E/Ms were kept relevant through all that.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    So, for you it's normal to be able to get the best possible weapon in 45mins when you spent months and millions for something that became irrelevant in a single update? Maybe you should work on a REMs to understand how it feels.

With your logic why did they allow players to push their R/Ms to 99 ? They should have let them die at 75 and make us work on empyreans right?
    (2)

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
    So, for you it's normal to be able to get the best possible weapon in 45mins when you spent months and millions for something that became irrelevant in a single update? Maybe you should work on a REMs to understand how it feels.

With your logic why did they allow players to push their R/Ms to 99 ? They should have let them die at 75 and make us work on empyreans right?
    Well I wouldn't say that the BEST best gear should be available in 45 minutes overall. I think it should be a progression (through current game content) to get to the point where you can run the hardest raid to get the best drops. Then maybe if it takes you 45 minutes to a couple hours to clear the top raids/bosses to have a chance to get the drop you want, then you keep on running it until you get it. This would be something more in-line with other, more successful MMOs.

In regards to your second question, I do think it would have been better to leave R/M at 75. Reason being, it would put players' focus on current gear and content (then being empy gear). That's my same opinion for SoA. I think if more players had to focus on getting skirmish gear to complete delve rather than going back for RMEs, then there would be a richer volume of players in the new zones trying to earn their progression that way.

So I do think it was a mistake to allow those old items to be upgraded to 99 to keep them raid-worthy. And, I think that the current development team has similar ideas about this in this expansion, but maybe not to the same extent as me. I personally think that RME gear should not be the same ilvl as current SoA gear period. Not even skirmish, let alone delve.
    (2)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    You don't own a level 99 R/E/M, do you.

Also, the fact that you use the word "raid" speaks for itself.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Aoikaminari
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    You don't own a level 99 R/E/M, do you.

Also, the fact that you use the word "raid" speaks for itself.
    way to judge me for playing other games than ffxi. Maybe that explains your elitist perspective on RMEs. "Raid" as in large organized events to kill high level bosses to get high level gear. Sorry for not using lingo you're familiar with. No, I don't have an RME item because I don't want one. I didn't play much endgame content when the cap was 75, and I don't see the reason to get them now with the availability of SoA gear. If you think that invalids me, then you're just as bad as the people who inhibit other players from progressing just because they didn't do the same time-sink as them.

The fact that you didn't have a real rebuttal to my point means it must be valid enough for you, even if you still like your RMEs. Which is fair, but the gaming community overall has changed over the last 11 years. People don't want to have to burn months and months in old content just to get a "pass" to get better gear in a new raid. That's not very fun progression. They want quicker, more linear gear progression in fresh game content. Don't be upset when the developers decide to follow current industry demands in an effort to revitalize the game.
    (2)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast