Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sange

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I agree that they should make it so Sange doesn't use ammo. That or make super cheap easy to craft / obtain throwing stars that stack to 99 and can be bundled.
    (1)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It would also be nice if NIN could change from, say, Ungur Boomerang, to the throwing weapon, and back to the Ungur Boomerang without going to 0 TP. that way, if you DID find sufficiently reasonably prices ammo, which is currently impossible, you wouldnt be punished two-fold still. Currently it's a three-fold. b/c sange sucks, you lose TP for changing ranged, and you lose ammo when using sange, the 5 minute ability. So even if it had an unlimited shot effect to it, if youre /DNC, it would be dumb to even change ranged to your sange set (b/c you'd want a ranged acc/attk set i'm sure)
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    It really wouldn't hurt to have another ranged dps... we have so many mob babysitters and so only 5 of 18 are able to do over 200dmg from 15~
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Fyreus View Post
    It really wouldn't hurt to have another ranged dps... we have so many mob babysitters and so only 5 of 18 are able to do over 200dmg from 15~
    Except that throwing is done from next to the mob, not far away from it.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    Except that throwing is done from next to the mob, not far away from it.
    Did you misunderstand the part suggesting another ranged dps? Or are you trolling me? If i can throw from 16 which is outside aoe range must i sit next to the mob because another player said so?
    (0)

Did you misunderstand the part suggesting another ranged dps? Or are you trolling me? If i can throw from 16 which is outside aoe range must i sit next to the mob because another player said so?
    Throwing does terrible damage to start with, being really far outside the optimum range will drastically lower your damage, making it even more useless. It's game mechanics, not trolling.

EDIT: 16 isn't outside AoE range either, you will still get hit by some stuff.
    (2)
    Last edited by wish12oz; 04-24-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Most aoe is around 15. When we consider throwing we understand know it will slow us down melee wise which is why a decent alternative is to adjust it to become something used as a worthwhile skill (ranged dps) and even though i havent used ranged attacks since like genbu in 04 i remember tp being very very low. Pair that with how mobs gain tp (player +3) from players then you have something to do while weakened or it needs to be tweaked to rng/pup rng/cor tp/ws standards as a real skill.

I don't know about anyone else but i can give up ~20 points of damage on throwing to gain a good range if i need to throw.
    (0)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I don't know about anyone else but i can give up ~20 points of damage on throwing to gain a good range if i need to throw.
    Wish just has a talent for stating the obvious.

If the sweet spot for throwing is right next to the mob, then change it. If RNG sucks then fix it. Give it more ranged attack, speed up its firing rate. But it's probably just because inside Abyssea, with all those atma's and stat buffs that give melee jobs a godlike boost, that leaves RNG out to dry. Which is most likely the reason why Wish just wants to troll us and tell us the same thing over and over. I'm sure RNG is still half decent outside of Abyssea.

We already know throwing and ranged DPS sucks, that's the reason we're on here asking for a fix. We know throwing does terrible damage, we know that haste is so great and cool. We know this $#!% already.

So make the throwing sweet spot from afar, give more readily available shuriken, make Sange just a barrage type ability instead of having to lose shadows. And there you go, you have some initial burst damage at the start of a battle.

I never once said to completely nerf dual wield or a NIN's melee and re-hash NIN so that it's entirely a ranged DPS, but the rest of you seem to want to put words in my mouth, then call me stupid.
    (0)

Character
    Fyreus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 98
    Personally i find rng to be a beast with the right items, doing 2k arching arrows every few seconds turns be into a mobile target. I would like SE to compensate via higher damage :3 same goes with sange... give it a 4x dmg multiplier and raise tp. Removing all shadows and wasting more ammo for like 35-50tp... really? Just allow us to whittle a mob while weakened while feeding very little tp atleast.

Another thing would be making a ranged item like a shuriken holder and allow us to store shuriken in the ammo slot and give it marksmandhip abilities but different names ( afterall gun = bow and archery ws are the same as the forementioned).

Weren't we told some years back that the game limitations didnt allow more ws to be added in regards to throwing? How many new things have we seen since? I say even make a JA with sub JA like dnc and call it a day.
    (0)

EDIT: In case you missed it, here's why throwing is bad.
    Manji Shuriken have a 192 delay.
    Kannagi+Kamome have a combined (210+180) 390 delay.
    When you hit the delay reduction cap of 80%, this becomes a new delay of 78.
    78+78=156, you get slightly more then 2 melee attacks rounds per throw.(throwing delay is 192)
    with apoc, /war, brutal, eponas you have triple attack+18%, double attack+18%, which means 54% of the time, you get an extra attack per melee round.
    So at +54% melee attacks per round, every time you attack, you get 1 extra attack, because you attack twice every round.
    you get slightly more then 2 attack rounds per throw, you get 3 attacks per round.
    Your throwing damage needs to be slightly better then 6 melee attacks and give as much tp as 6 melee attacks to be on par with just meleeing.
    Throwing comes no where near either of these 2 things, and never will, it's impossible unless they make haste affect ranged attacks.
    (2)
    Last edited by Ashvrei; 04-25-2011 at 05:11 PM. Reason: Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast