Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sange

Sange should just be removed, as well as san elemental nukes, theyre both pretty useless. Let us merit dual weild or something useful.
    (1)

http://www.twitch.tv/wish12oz
    http://www.youtube.com/user/r5n/videos

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I agree in some sense, San spells just need a MAB boost, or if they would have made them the yellow triggers instead of Ni, it would have given them SOME use... i've always thought if they gave like a +50 boost to ninja tool expertise it would be somewhat worth it, but, it has no REAL need.

Sange has potential if they tweak it right. An unlimited shot effect + provoke effect or something would be pretty cool... or DEF+ since you're losing shadows...or possibly stoneskin.
    (1)

Character
    Darwena
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I had fun with sange back in time... when my Throwing skill was capped using my ranged setup and throwing Lv48 Shuriken at mob. Don't remember the DMG output but was pretty much decent to keep that one until Abyssea came out.

I used to be Shuriken happy and kinda had lot of fun with until no one put shuriken on AH anymore. Sure if you use cheap ammo (low lv shuriken, dart...) dont have any throwing skill and no equipement for Ranged ACC & ATTCK, Sange would like gimped.

Soon I get my smithing high enough for making my own Shuriken, i will probably remove San spell and go back on Sange.

(0)

Character
    Archenemyx
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I say get rid of it it entirely, or give us some thing that would be closer the being useful. Like instead of ranged make it wipe your shadows to add extra attack to your next weapon skill. Sound uber broken right but out side of abyssea it would be balanced. I guess to make it more far make it elemental, but blade Hi 9 hit jeeez sus epic. Although it would be a every 15 min fully merited every 5 min so it wouldn't be to broken.
    (0)
    Those are nice some nice powers mind if i barrow them

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    #1 NIN has A- in throwing if any of you didnt know that
    #2 The problem here is lack of available, affordable high dmg throwing shuriken
    #3 I've done 2500 Sange's in Abyss with my Ranged equip on (Manji Shuriken)
    #4 Sange is NOT useless
    (0)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    This is foolish, Sange be removed?... lol...
    Does anyone even realize that actual accounts of Ninja that infiltrated a stronghold, BARELY ever engaged in Katana vs Katana combat (doing so with a real Samurai was extremely unwise) but rather used Poison darts, shuriken and traps WAY more than ever using Katana... and you want Sange to be removed ok... and I guess the A- in throwing should just be useless... I see.

Well that makes perfect sense, coming from the almighty North Americans

SO IT SHALL BE DONE!
    (0)
    Last edited by Akujima; 04-14-2011 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akujima View Post

Well that makes perfect sense, coming from the almighty North Americans
    So you're racist against north americans now?
    (2)

Character
    Shinjima
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by wish12oz View Post
    So you're racist against north americans now?
    If you live there but didn't notice, NA is not a single race, but rather a culture of different races. Truth be told is that the major drive, and what fuels its culture is industry and marketing (you can accept this as either negative or positive, depending on your perception). We can get a full in depth history lesson here, or accept that with money and power comes influence, the influence to shape and change things as those who posses it, pleases them.

FF is a JRPG, and XI is based off it of course. Japan has its own culture, and every right to shape it how they please. Of course here we are, on a forum based on influence (the power to shape the game based on our demands) driven by what?

Well wish12oz, if you think that I'm flaming you, or offending you, just know that I use this post as an example of all the power hungry players, who just wish to be able to solo endgame bosses, run around flashing their "uber" gear so that other less fortunates can gawk and awe at the local online celebrity.

In so doing strip away from companionship and cooperation, team based battle tactics and job strategy, all so that the group NIN can swing EVEN FASTER with their newly added Dual Wield+10 merit. Congratulations, you killed the mob before the DRK could even unsheath his scythe.

I for one, vote to keep what really counts (and imo, has slowly been declining since the implementation of Abyssea), which is the personality and character that made FFXI the classic it is. Make each job unique, keep it that way, and avoid this power hungry attitude, that in the end only causes conflict between eachother, about how some guy sucks because he cant get that extra 200 dmg in during NM's.

So rather than devoiding FF anymore of style and challenge. Keep Sange, get in more shurikens, and keep the jobs unique.

Otherwise, oh yea, if you get rid of Sange, might as well not let DRK be able to cast black magic, since DRK aint as good as a BLM, thats for sure... oh yea and THF should lose Marksmanship, since they aint as good as a RNG... oh yea and PLDs should lose white magic... and the list goes on. (get the picture yet?)
    (0)
    Last edited by Akujima; 04-14-2011 at 03:23 PM.

I like when people post a wall of text, and don't actually say anything, you would make a good politician.
    At no point did I say "North American" was a race, I said you were racist against a continent of people, which you apparently are, I didn't see you deny it anywhere. So keep trying hater, maybe one day you can swing your sword as fast as mine.

ALSO: lolwholetsdarkknightsfightanything!?
    (1)

Character
    Truckie
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Please keep your racist views out of my NA pro-sange thread.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast