Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can we get a version update?

It's June 25th... 5 days left in the month. Are we going to get a version update any time soon? I'm going to XIV in August, but I would really like something to do until then. Honestly, if the update is planned for late July, I'm just going to let my subscription lapse and play XIV phase 4 until it goes live.

Every day I refresh PoL website once hoping for some sliver of information regarding this update (which from what I've read holds promise to breathe a little life into the game) and always nothing.

No one really cares if you're going to discontinue 'Click and Buy' it sucked anyways.

Basically, I'm interested in the update. It will provide stuff to do until XIV comes out, but July is too late.

*Edit*

Or at least one of the Devs take me out to dinner and a movie? I like to be treated nicely before I get &%*$ed. Just no kissing on the mouth, please. I have standards.
    (7)
    Last edited by SqEnisfilledwithgeniuses; 06-25-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Today SE announced the departure of Click&Buy.com from payment methods.

Its a good day, today.
    (8)
    Last edited by BST; 06-25-2013 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    Today SE announced the departure of Click&Buy.com from payment methods.

Its a good day, today.
    I think the best is yet to come. When they fixed there square member stuff to a more streamline system. Since in the coming months there going to be getting alot of there fans to play ff14.
    (0)
    A Mind that has been stretched will Never Return to its original Dimension....
    (author unknown)

Upcoming Version Updates

So is that a no?

Phase 4 open beta will be out, and we'll be ready to transition into XIV by the end of July.

Good bye.
    (2)
    Last edited by SqEnisfilledwithgeniuses; 06-26-2013 at 05:14 AM.

Character
    Umisith
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    "throwing items for summoner"
    SE said grips for smn before, is this a mistake?
    (1)

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    Splitting the update isn't a problem...but delaying the artifact equipment? The new jobs are part of what keeps me interested and yet another delay on the artifact armor is just a slap in the face. I hope they plan to buff the armor a bit since it'll be coming in AFTER a bunch of better stuff.
    (1)

Character
    Peacewalker
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithera View Post
    Splitting the update isn't a problem...but delaying the artifact equipment? The new jobs are part of what keeps me interested and yet another delay on the artifact armor is just a slap in the face. I hope they plan to buff the armor a bit since it'll be coming in AFTER a bunch of better stuff.
    "Hey guys, we're working hard to push the AF as fast as possible on the next update!"

"Jk, it's been pushed back, good bye."
    (2)

They just posted stuff for a July and August update. I didn't see anything too spectacular new missions could be fun but that will take a day or two at the most.

Honestly I think FFXIV might be a better choice now, cheaper too if you have Legacy only 9.99 a month for 40 characters.
    (0)

I've officially given up on FFXI. After years of disappointment with everything from enmity problems to bugs to the final nail in the coffin that is the R/M/E bs (as well as the terrible disappointment that is SoA), I'm convinced they don't want us to play any more. It's probably just due to the fact that they don't know how to run both games at once. I really loved FFXI, it sucks to end on such a bitter note.

It's likely a case of stockholm syndrome that i'm experiencing, and terribly sad at that, but the only reason I have my FFXI subscription active is because of the bonanza. And i'm sure that's exactly why they ran a second one so soon the the previous. After losing every single bonanza they ever ran, I expect to toss my marbles, and end my subscription as soon as they announce the winning numbers

It's a terrible way to end FFXI, for a game so dear to me I wish it ended on a better note. Like many others, I'll play phase 4 beta until FFXIV launch, and if it fails - I probably won't invest my time in any more SE products.

+1 One disappointed customer
    (9)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Time to make an appointment with Matsui, I happen to be in Tokyo in July as it is.

And I'm also curious as to how the Japanese players are responding to the "not news at all"
    (3)
    Last edited by Shirai; 06-26-2013 at 06:51 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast