Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12

Hello.

Greetings, from the West.

I have been lead to believe the English community representatives are just one-way translators. In light of this I've decided to post in the Japanese section of this website in hopes that a curious few or a helpful Japanese speaker/reader will translate this.

This is in English and purposefully on the Japanese section to grab attention. I do not mean for this to come across as rude however and I'm sorry if it offends or excludes anyone.

I'd like to voice my opinion on the direction of new content.

A lot of players, at least among NA/EU players, feel that there's less reason to progress in new content because each update they're worried all of their progress and hard work will be rendered useless and obsolete.

These players want to become the best and enjoy being the best. That's why there was such outrage when Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons were made, currently, horribly obsolete for the most part. These players were lead to believe they were investing a lot of hard work and time, up to several years in some cases, into a rarer piece of equipment, only to have that equipment obsoleted by equipment one can obtain within a few hours. It's fairly upsetting.

On a smaller scale, players want to know that their efforts weren't wiped out each update. I know the idea behind the Development team's goals are to work your way up a ladder to obtain gear that enables you to take on new challenges, but the new challenges don't require new equipment. On top of that, a lot of people think like this: "Why should I upgrade my armor to Rank 15 when next update there will be better armor to obtain more easily? We play FFXI because we love it. It's different. It's unique. If we wanted endless cycles of being obsoleted, we'd play World of Warcraft or Diablo ladders, or any other WoW knock-offs."

Perhaps the development team could consider more ways to upgrade old equipment through Adoulin's new upgrade systems. This would serve a two-fold purpose:

1) It would let people keep their gear they've worked so hard for and have grown attached to.

2) It encourages players to invest time in old areas that have almost no traffic and Adoulin zones. It adds more life to the game as a whole, without detracting from Adoulin.

If anyone bothered reading through all of this, thank you for your time.
    (191)

Character
    Selfine
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    ここは日本語フォーラムですよ
    (13)

3. 06-25-2013 06:39 PM
    Reason
    攻撃的な発言が含まれていたため削除いたしました。

Player
    要約しとくね。間違ってない保障はないけど。

こんにちは。
    ここは日本語のフォーラムですが、注目を集めるためにあえて英語で投稿させてもらいます。
    怒らないでください。

アドゥリンの報酬は、過去の数年単位の苦労を一瞬で無駄にするほどすさまじい物でした。
    これは私たちの望む流れではありませんでした。

今あるメナス装備をランク15にしても、すぐにそれ以上の装備が追加されるのでしょう?
    そのようなサイクルを望むのであれば別のゲームやってます。

アドゥリンのシステムを利用して旧装備群を強化できるようにしてくれませんか?
    そうすれば2つのメリットが出来ます。
    1)モチベーションの維持に繋がる。
    2)旧エリアの活性化に繋がる。
    こんな感じ、多少意味の抜け落ちがあるかもしれませんけど、最後の4行が全てでしょう。
    すでに議論されてる内容と大差ないですね。
    (200)
    Last edited by Restyn; 06-25-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: 誤訳があったので修正

感じてることはみな同じっていう
    わかってないのは開発さんだけ
    (190)

Player
    I think so.

翻訳ありがとうございます。
    海外の方も同じように思ってるんですね。
    次から次へと出てくる新装備と、いらなくなる装備のおかげでアイテムに愛着がなくなりました。
    倉庫にたまった古い装備を片付ける良いきっかけになりました。処分しようと思います。

新しい装備もすぐダメになるとおもうと、ガツガツ取りに行きたい気持ちが減りました。
    昔は毎日新コンテンツに突撃してたんですけど(笑)
    (50)
    赤99詩99学99白99コ99戦99ナ99獣99黒52召75狩39忍80踊61モ50
    風70剣23シ14暗43侍50竜50か46青10     怒ってるんです!o(`ω´*)o
    (2013/6/15現在)

7. 06-25-2013 07:36 PM
    Reason
    攻撃的な発言が含まれていたため削除いたしました。

8. 06-25-2013 07:58 PM

Character
    Zuzaana
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    THF Lv 10
    Quote Originally Posted by Rito View Post
    誤れば済むなら言語分ける必要ないだろ
    ルール守れないのに何言ってるんだか
    よほど注目してもらいたかったんではないでしょうか。
    外人さんも、今の現状に疲れている方が多いのでしょうね。切実なんでしょうね。

正直、私もスレ主の外人さんと同じ気持ちです。

最近ようやくアドゥリン武器解放フラグ立てれたのはいいけれど、今私のサーバーはボス戦シャウトばかりで、装備やジョブの縛りきつくて参加できず、メナスプラズムを貯める機会が少ないんですよね。
    ぶっちゃけそのような流れにしているのは、開発の方々ではなく先行の方々なのですが。

前衛はボス武器持ちモンク、ナイトはイーハン持ち、詩人はダウル持ちばかり募集。

かといって、交換した下位メナス武器を鍛えてもすぐに使い物にならなくなるのかなーと思うと、メナスプラズムを貯める気力もイマイチわかなくなってしまったんですけどねw

これから追加されるスカーム2とかも「メナスボス武器持ってない奴は来るな」
    「イーハン、ダウルない奴は来るな」
    になっちゃうのかなぁ。

今メナスボスを頑張っている先行の人達ばかりでなく、乗り遅れている人達も参加しやすいコンテンツ追加、もしくは既存装備が息を吹き返す措置を期待しています。
    開発の方々は色々大変かと思いますが、ついていけない者の意見に耳を傾けて頂けると幸いです。
    (79)

一応全文訳してみた

Dear Return1,

I tranlated your post all.
    And I'd like to say, Japanese players post almost all same things as your post many many times to Japanese forum, but develop team answers nothing.

No response in English forum is NOT caused by posts written in English.
    Even written in Japanese there are no answer for this kind of posts.

Don't blame English community reps, they are not lazy, but very kind, more friendly than Japanese rep, Mochy.

Return1さんへ

あなたの投稿を訳しました。
    そして、言いたいのは、日本のプレイヤーもあなたとほとんど同じことを、たくさんたくさんフォーラムに投稿していますが、開発チームは全然返事をしてくださいません。

英語フォーラムで返事がないのは、英語で意見を投稿しているからではありません。
    日本語で書かれていても、この種の投稿に対して返事はありません。

英語フォーラムのコミュニティレップを攻めないでください。彼らは怠け者ではなく、とても親切で、日本語フォーラムのレップのもっちー氏よりフレンドリーです。

Hello.
    Greetings, from the West.
    こんにちは、西洋からおじゃまします。

I have been lead to believe the English community representatives are just one-way translators. In light of this I've decided to post in the Japanese section of this website in hopes that a curious few or a helpful Japanese speaker/reader will translate this.

私は、英語フォーラムのコミュニティーレップが、単なる一方通行の翻訳者に過ぎないのではないかと思うようになりました。これを踏まえて、日本語が話せる/読める親切な方がこれを翻訳してくれることを願いつつ、日本語フォーラムに意見を投稿することに決めました。

This is in English and purposefully on the Japanese section to grab attention. I do not mean for this to come across as rude however and I'm sorry if it offends or excludes anyone.

この投稿は英語で書かれているので、日本語フォーラムでは注意を引けると思います。
    決して、無作法なつもりではなく、もしそういう風に受け止められたとすれば、そのつもりがないことを述べるとともに、深く陳謝いたします。

I'd like to voice my opinion on the direction of new content.

声を大にして言いたいのは、新しいコンテンツの方向性についてです。

A lot of players, at least among NA/EU players, feel that there's less reason to progress in new content because each update they're worried all of their progress and hard work will be rendered useless and obsolete.

大多数のプレイヤー、少なくとも米国/欧州のプレイヤーにとって、新しいコンテンツにおける進歩が、そうするだけの意味があるものには思えなのです。なぜなら、次々と発表されるアップデートが、今までの進歩と労力を無駄なもの・旧式なものにしてしまうということを憂慮するのです。

These players want to become the best and enjoy being the best. That's why there was such outrage when Relic, Mythic, and Empyrean weapons were made, currently, horribly obsolete for the most part. These players were lead to believe they were investing a lot of hard work and time, up to several years in some cases, into a rarer piece of equipment, only to have that equipment obsoleted by equipment one can obtain within a few hours. It's fairly upsetting.

プレイヤーが望んでいるのは、「最上のものは最上のままで楽しみたい」ということです。
    レリックやミシックやエンピリアン武器が、ほとんどの場面においてとっても旧式なものになってしまったことに、ひどい抗議がおこったのは、このためです。
    これらプレイヤーは、時に数年以上も労力と時間をかけて、レアな装備を得ていったのにもかかわらず、それらレア装備は数時間で手に入れられる装備によって不要なものにされてしまったのです。

On a smaller scale, players want to know that their efforts weren't wiped out each update. I know the idea behind the Development team's goals are to work your way up a ladder to obtain gear that enables you to take on new challenges, but the new challenges don't require new equipment. On top of that, a lot of people think like this: "Why should I upgrade my armor to Rank 15 when next update there will be better armor to obtain more easily? We play FFXI because we love it. It's different. It's unique. If we wanted endless cycles of being obsoleted, we'd play World of Warcraft or Diablo ladders, or any other WoW knock-offs."

小さな尺度で見れば、プレイヤーは自分たちの努力が失われるわけではないということを、アップデートごとに知りたがるでしょう。
    開発チームの目標の背後には「装備を得れば新たなチャレンジができるようになるというはしごをつくること」があることを知っていますが、新しいチャレンジに新しい装備が必要ではないのです。
    だから、プレイヤーは、こう、考えてしまうのです。「防具をランク15にしたって、次のアップグレードでよりよい装備が、もっと楽に手に入るんでしょ?なんで今やらなきゃならないの?」
    私たちは、FFXIを、愛しているからプレイするのです。
    他のゲームとは違う。独自なものがある
    もし、私たちが、武器を取ってはそれが陳腐なものになっていくというエンドレスな作業がやりたいのであれば、ワールドオブウォークラフトかディアブロか、あるいはWoWのコピーゲームをやります。

Perhaps the development team could consider more ways to upgrade old equipment through Adoulin's new upgrade systems. This would serve a two-fold purpose:

1) It would let people keep their gear they've worked so hard for and have grown attached to.

2) It encourages players to invest time in old areas that have almost no traffic and Adoulin zones. It adds more life to the game as a whole, without detracting from Adoulin.

たぶん、開発チームは、旧装備をアドゥリンの新しいアップグレードシステムによってアップグレードする新たな道を考えてくださるでしょう。

これには二つの理由があります。

1) アップグレードできることにより、プレイヤーは装備をアップデートするためにより時間をかけることになるでしょう。
    2) アップグレードできることにより、人気がなくなった旧エリアにプレイヤーを戻すことができるでしょう。そのことで、アドゥリンの魅力を損なうことなく、もっとこのゲームの寿命を延ばすことができるでしょう。

If anyone bothered reading through all of this, thank you for your time.

もしこの文章を全部読んでくださった方がいらっしゃったら、お時間を割いていただいたことに深くお礼を申し上げます。
    Restynさんのまとめのほうがわかりやすいです。
    ただ、この方がとても礼儀正しく書いていることはわかってあげてください。
    (260)
    Last edited by Sakura317; 06-25-2013 at 09:21 PM.
    FF11ブログつくってみました。
    「吾輩はミスラである」
    http://lukang.blog-mmo.com

食べログにレビューを載せ始めました。
    「タルタルイーターの六本木ランチガイド」
    http://u.tabelog.com/tarutarueater/

Character
    Ticku
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    You're right

日本語フォーラムがずばぬけて議論が活発で人が多いので、こっちに投稿される方が時々いるのは仕方ないような気がします。
    Return1 さんはまだFF11の未来を諦めていないんでしょう。

人の減りの激しい自分の鯖では、最近引退前に毎日同じサチコメを書いている方が居ました。
    「FFXI now sucks. {さようなら}」

どうして伝わらないんでしょうね?
    この先少しでも良い方向へ進む事を祈っています…
    (87)

Character
    Mumemo
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 1
    外国人が他言語で日本語フォーラムに投稿しちゃいけないなんて事もないですしよろしいのではないのでしょうか?
    翻訳したりしないといけないので活発には議論が進まないかとも思われますが、必要なことであるならばいいかと思いますよ。
    (93)
    好きなもの:ウサギ(友達) 唐辛子入り味噌(ウサギさんがくれたので) 泥の舟(大きいので)
    嫌いなもの:木の舟(小さいので)

Character
    Sterah
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 23
    まぁ一応は日本語でご利用して下さい。と案内がありますので基本的には
    それに従って言語別で利用するのが正しいかと思います。

ただこの方はその辺りわきまえてない訳ではなく、それでいてなおここに
    書き込むことになった理由(主観にすぎませんが)も添えて書き込みしてる
    ようです。