Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rentwokay
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 75
    I should have used Snickers instead of a Milky Way because this conversation sure hasn't gone anywhere for a while.
    (3)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Umichi View Post
    but a milky way bar can change its price from 1 dollar to 100 due to inflation.....
    While that's true it doesn't actually apply to the comparison because the value of money (what typically drives inflation) would stay the same meaning it would still be overpriced for it's perceived value.

Quote Originally Posted by Renaissance2K View Post
    I should have used Snickers instead of a Milky Way because this conversation sure hasn't gone anywhere for a while.
    Personally I would have picked Twix but then again that just feels like a better value I mean you do get 2 chocolate caramel cookie bars instead of just 1!
    (0)

Player
    indeed the lazy will continue to be lazy......if it's only a minor inconvienience for people who more than likely don't need them, why should the price decreas... you only enable the bayld system to be abused more when you save your bayld for alternative items... like oh lets say bayld hp and mp increase potions.... or a myriad of other bonuses that are incurred through bayld... I don't see anyone complaining about a +65 hp enchant being a waste for 2k.... oh but thats a permanent bonus... so why not make it 10k?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    While that's true it doesn't actually apply to the comparison because the value of money (what typically drives inflation) would stay the same meaning it would still be overpriced for it's perceived value.

Personally I would have picked Twix but then again that just feels like a better value I mean you do get 2 chocolate caramel cookie bars instead of just 1!
    so by your standards a dollar would still be a dollar even if inflation incurred and made 100 dollars commonplace?

If yes im sorry to inform you the dollar does not follow the gold standard anymore
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    indeed the lazy will continue to be lazy......if it's only a minor inconvienience for people who more than likely don't need them, why should the price decreas... you only enable the bayld system to be abused more when you save your bayld for alternative items... like oh lets say bayld hp and mp increase potions.... or a myriad of other bonuses that are incurred through bayld... I don't see anyone complaining about a +65 hp enchant being a waste for 2k.... oh but thats a permanent bonus... so why not make it 10k?
    Again missing the point.

As to the Bayld armor considering none of them are worth full timing meaning once you swap them out the HP/MP is lost they aren't even worth upgrading now, so raising the cost doesn't do anything.
    (1)

Player
    which is false i full time the kareyiah pants and legs, as i don't have much acess to delve yet. to players who have beaten the curb (albeit recently or a long time ago).... it might not be worth it, but it still is a valued piece in my gear. so your opinion is false.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    so by your standards a dollar would still be a dollar even if inflation incurred and made 100 dollars commonplace?

If yes im sorry to inform you the dollar does not follow the gold standard anymore
    I don't think you know how the value of a dollar works, while it did at one point equate to the value of gold that hasn't been true in the united states for a long time consider as a country we've printed much more money that we have in gold at least based on known values.

When I was a child candy bars were 60 cents or 2 for a dollar at 7 eleven. Now they're 1.29 or 2 for 2 dollars. Back then minimum wage was $3.35 (late 80s when I started becoming aware of the value of money) today minimum wage is $7.25. The cost of a candy bar has essentially doubled in that time and so has the minimum wage thus keeping the value the same.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I'll be pretty bummed if I don't at least get a bite of the Milky Way.

Also it is stupid to have to pay 1k Bayld for Protect III.
    (0)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    which is false i full time the kareyiah pants and legs, as i don't have much acess to delve yet. to players who have beaten the curb (albeit recently or a long time ago).... it might not be worth it, but it still is a valued piece in my gear. so your opinion is false.
    Work on NNI and let me know how true your statements are after that. I bet you'll be changing your legs out, as to the feet (assuming legs was a typo for feet) I question why you haven't visited abyssea for Ace's Leggings or Emp +1/2 feet. This is in context of your main job being set to DRG in your info section by the way.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Except it's not. 1,000 Bayld when you're sitting on 11,000 is just as expensive as it would be when you're sitting on 1,000,001,000 Bayld. There's a reason the rich stay rich and it's not because they have more money to piss away.
    He's right though Zagen, Its about the currency availability. If in Real life you could go spent 15 Minutes doing a "job" and make 1,000~1,500$, Milky ways would probably be 100$. These Currencies in Vana'Diel simply do not have the same standards as real life, therefor the Comparison/example is almost idiotic to the point of ludicrous. (I say this knowing you weren't the one who originally made the comparison Zags so don't worry ^^!).

Personally, I understand their logic in making it Protect III, and I get the pricing point... But as it stands, despite what i said above and the idiocy of a RL comparison to milky ways that felt like it sounded logical in the head of a 1st grader... I do believe the price should be reduced slightly, maybe by 50%. 1k Bayld is, while low, a bit steep for a Protect III, though i fully acknowledge the advantages of having such a thing on hand when solo or without a mage to cast it on you, which was likely the intended use for them. (duh).
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast