Lack of BRD gear from Delve

I'm always wanted on BRD in delve. The crappy thing is there isn't very much gear from this event that makes my BRD stronger. It bothers me, because I should be able to make my BRD stronger by participating in an event on BRD, but there is very little for me to gain for my BRD from participating in delve.

Please add an instrument or two that would be worth getting. An "all songs +2" harp/horn would be nice for lowering how many instruments I have to carry. I don't think a 99 instrument being as strong as the 75 relic should be an issue.

If not that, then some gear that's actually specifically useful for BRD would be nice. Thanks.
    (4)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Look to Salvage II gear instead. 4/5 of the Marduk +1 is best in slot as are 2 pieces of Nabu.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Look to Salvage II gear instead. 4/5 of the Marduk +1 is best in slot as are 2 pieces of Nabu.
    Yeah, if increasing your cure potency is what you're after. Nothing really stands out there that's worth the effort for songs alone.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Enjoy being subpar then.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Enjoy being subpar then.
    I am sub par only by the fact that my Daurdabla is only lvl 90 and not 99, not by having no salvage +1 gear. Song cast time is easily cappable without any of that gear.

Skill for buffs is easily cappable without any of the salvage gear.

I don't have any issues landing enfeebles without any of that gear.

So, apart from the cure potency, that leaves only Marduk legs +1 for longer song duration.

However, this is only useful in certain circumstances, for EG:

If I'm in an alliance and we're doing BRD swaps, I'll generally take Minuet x3.

Minuet x3 in 5/5 Emp +2 gives +15 STR.

Minuet x3 in 4/5 Emp +2 and Marduk legs +1 gives +9 STR and has a slightly longer duration.

So I'm now subpar because I'm giving melees 6 less STR... OK.

Not to mention that song duration is of less use if you can keep the songs up anyway, which I generally can (exceptions being unusually long pulls, or saccing a NM).
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Well, it's true that if BRD is your 4th or 5th job you should prioritize other sets and pieces first. If you can't see the value of the various pieces (Marduk +1 set might as well not have WHM and SMN on it, it's a BRD set) then I don't know what to say.
    (2)

I'm with the OP. The problem with bard in Delve stuff is the strong desire for that bard to have a full empy harp at least, preferably a full relic as well. A. not enough people are doing dynamis/aby to GET those so if you didn't have one when SoA rolled out you are going to be hard pressed to make one now; B. you are doing this in an event that is designed to make gear that outclasses all of the old content, INCLUDING r/m/e-apprently for every job EXCEPT bard-what are bards supposed to do after full augmented Delve is acheived by all the rest of the players in your group and you now have to be known as the Gimp? No bard I know is looking to bust his ass in a race to acheive unemployment! C. every job should have a viable set of rewards-from what I read when this expansion was contemplated SE was at least TRYING to make all jobs worthwhile again, making bard have nothing seems a bad way to go about it (see rdm for further details).
    (1)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    For Magey Brd: Bokwus Boots, Natirah Hat, Lifestorm/Psystorm Earrings, Mephitis Grip, Sangoma Ring

For DD Brd: Izhiikoh, Soothsayer Staff, Asperity Necklace, Bladeborn/Steelflash Earrings, Dudgeon/Heartseeker Earrings, Vespid Mantle, K'ayres Ring (mostly just for Brds who can't take advantage of Oneiros)

While not all of the Bokwus gear was aimed at Brd (basically just the boots); they can make the best MAB gear for Brds perhaps interested in niche magical WS gear (AE and Cataclysm come to mind), some of which can also double for best-in-slot Shattersoul pieces. (I think perhaps 3 Brds at max were excited about this, myself included lol, but w/e!)

So quit bitching. The first initial Delve update was pretty decent for Brd. I will say I found it pretty odd they didn't make the generic delve dagger (kukri type) a model that could be equipped by Brd but instead gave them the sword, but ultimately I really don't mind. In any case, this update was soooo much better than what Brds received prior (essentially just the Bayld armor and unfortunate Wildskeeper gear). And yes, while the MAcc accessories definitely aren't needed for older events, they are quite nice for today's most prominent event: Delve!
    (1)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I would also like to echo Phil's suggestion for Marduk +1. The Body and Hands are nothing but upgrades for Fast Cast/Song Spellcasting currently, the Legs are amazing for Debuffs (How could anyone deny increased lullaby duration at the very least!?). The head isn't as necessary imo, but it still makes a wonderful alternative for a cure and song debuff piece, and it is technically also the best for skill builds (not really relevant atm, but one day perhaps!). The feet are best for string skill, but definitely passable.

Oh, and the Body and hands can double for nice idle gear.

Getting these pieces really isn't that difficult, and SE made it even easier for over the past month with a huge increase to Salvage papers. Unfortunately this ends tomorrow... but any Brd that cares about Brd should still strive to get Marduk Legs +1 at the very least, along with the eventual Body/Hands.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I was able to finish the last piece I needed during double plans (interestingly enough to test out horde II range using your methodology).
    (0)