Character
    Airinya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 76

Final Fantasy XI Expansion Downloads

Hi Everyone:

So after playing the FFXIV beta this weekend I thought it would be fun to come back and play some XI until open beta in XIV where information will actually be saved. I got my SE account and PlayOnline merged (which was already a huge pain) found somewhere to install the game from (which was, again, a pain as I don't have the disk anymore), but I didn't find anywhere to be able to download the expansions. I'd originally purchased the Abyssea Ultimate Collection on Direct2Drive, but you can't download from there anymore. Does anyone have any idea how I can install the expansions and play again?

Thanks!
    (1)

Hi Airinya,

-Tumbleweed..

If you bought the collection on D2D :

Direct2Drive (commonly D2D) was an online game store offering PC videogames via direct download. On May 25, 2011, GameFly acquired Direct2Drive from IGN Entertainment, Inc.

You will need to login via GameFly.com to access your DLs.
    (0)

Player
    The TOS-abiding way is to have to buy another copy of the game. Square Enix has zero support for downloading the clients for registered accounts directly from them.

Why? No friggen clue.
    (0)

Character
    Airinya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    Hi Airinya,

-Tumbleweed..

If you bought the collection on D2D :

Direct2Drive (commonly D2D) was an online game store offering PC videogames via direct download. On May 25, 2011, GameFly acquired Direct2Drive from IGN Entertainment, Inc.

You will need to login via GameFly.com to access your DLs.
    Hey there! Thanks for the reply - can you tell me what you mean by Tumbleweed? I actually tried to download the game from GameFly, but it's not available (as part of my previous purchases or currently). When D2D transitioned to GameFly I guess this was a fairly common problem.
    (1)

Character
    Airinya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    The TOS-abiding way is to have to buy another copy of the game. Square Enix has zero support for downloading the clients for registered accounts directly from them.

Why? No friggen clue.
    Yeah, maybe I'll try the Live Chat support tomorrow. =/
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Airinya View Post
    Hey there! Thanks for the reply - can you tell me what you mean by Tumbleweed? I actually tried to download the game from GameFly, but it's not available (as part of my previous purchases or currently). When D2D transitioned to GameFly I guess this was a fairly common problem.
    -Tumbleweed = A weed blowing a crossed a deserted desert town.

Sorry to hear you got shafted by them, as many have been.

Everyone take note of this official Q&A where I Bolded the important fail :

Where do I find all my D2D purchases?

If you've purchased games on Direct2Drive, your games are accessible via your GameFly Purchase History on the website or in the Client.

Some older titles may take a bit longer or may not be migrated if their specs are no longer supported by today's technology. The number of these unsupported titles will be minimal, and will not impact the majority of our customers.

Oh, really!

Quote Originally Posted by Airinya View Post
    Yeah, maybe I'll try the Live Chat support tomorrow. =/
    Let us join hands and pray, that you do not get Agent - Jordan G to answer your call.

This video will give you a perfect look at SE chat support : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5LpwO-An4
    (1)
    Last edited by BST; 06-24-2013 at 02:26 PM.

Character
    Airinya
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 76
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    -Tumbleweed = A weed blowing a crossed a deserted desert town.

Sorry to hear you got shafted by them, as many have been.

Everyone take note of this official Q&A where I Bolded the important fail :

Where do I find all my D2D purchases?

If you've purchased games on Direct2Drive, your games are accessible via your GameFly Purchase History on the website or in the Client.

Some older titles may take a bit longer or may not be migrated if their specs are no longer supported by today's technology. The number of these unsupported titles will be minimal, and will not impact the majority of our customers.

Oh, really!

Let us join hands and pray, that you do not get Agent - Jordan G to answer your call.
    Oh, doy... I feel like a dork now.. lol

I thought maybe Tumbleweed was a site for digital downloads. :P
    (1)