Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Adoulin NM Key Items

I think SE should take away the 20min timers on the outside delve NM's. I've been in several groups trying to get the KI's and always fall short of killing them and to add insult to injury there was no time limit to them originally so everyone who was there at day 1 was able to get these KI's easily and now the difficulty was increased and the only way it seems i can get these KI's is to pay some LS thats always shouting upto 30million to come along.

Also before anyone says the groups i've been with were gimped most of the DD's had delve weapons and all the others had relic/emp weapons.
    (3)

Player
    I have killed these NMs with the time limit, some easier than others, I will say that by pointing out you had Delve & RME DDs you are saying your DDs are good, but were there BRD swaps? Buffs up at all times? Was the NM's weakness being hit at all times to full effect? If yes, then I have not much I can say, if everything is maintained the NM should go down easily with about 5 minutes left, if not, then it makes things much harder.

I say increase it to 30 minutes, I have had many groups do well and fail at under 5%, removing it completely would be bad, but increasing it to 30 minutes, giving a 50% increase, would be quite helpful to those who have groups good enough to do it who fall short because of 1 or 2 mistakes.
    (5)

Character
    Cliche
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 75
    This is a great example on why I dislike this expansion.

Here is an idea, Remove the timer, it wasn't there in the first place.
    Next time, put some thought in your design (SE) before you let it lose on the community.
    (5)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    Next time, put some thought in your design (SE) before you let it lose on the community.
    As I have explained a few times now, I am sure the reason they released it with no timer is because for a long time now the community has complained about forced zerg strats and restrictive timers which force them upon us. I have to say I think that Delve shows quite a bit of thinking when it comes to the NMs themselves more than normal, each has a mechanic unique to themselves which you can use against them to win, most of which are a must. Normally we had something bland like Abyssea or VW, where all weaknesses were random and provided the same effects, not here, each is special, unique, and requires real strategy to use, not just bring 1 of every job you can.

While it is unfair in a way to have the restrictions now after the damage has been done from this, we as a playerbase must accept in this case it is actually all our fault it happened at all. Every person who complained an event was to time restrictive, I honestly think this was an act of them trying to do as we asked to an extent, and we messed it up. We being the playerbase that we are, we went in and did whatever insane thing was needed to take down the NM. Back at level 75 we had NM fights lasting near 20 hours, and today, we had NMs lasting near 8 hours, nothing changed. They gave us an event without the restricted timers that the majority hated, and by doing so, opened it ripe for abuse by players, especially with the nearby warps or Twilight everyone is accustomed to.

So while I can understand anger and annoyance at it, and do think it is somewhat unfair, I also understand why they did what they did afterward, and believe that we messed up the entire event and progression tree because we are impatient. Yes I know, I'm a white knight blah blah blah, how dare I blame the playerbase for playing zombie with a NM for 8 hours causing an imbalance in the game, blah blah blah. I have spoken my mind on it a few times so you probably know everything I just said and where I stand already, up to you what you want to believe, to me, it makes sense we just messed up a chance they gave us with something we asked for.
    (2)

kurma, matamata and taxet are easy to do in the time limit - just gotta follow the strategy. My group had trouble with the orobon first time (but they got the KI on a different day when I couldn't come)

But think about this, when I got the Tax'et KI my group tried 4 times before we got it. Sometimes you just gotta perfect your strategy. Each time there was a slight problem. We learned from it and did better. We weren't even super equipped either.

But for say, Taxet, you need to count the exuviations and then when it has done it's thing 20 times, you need to soul voice/nightingale/troubadour bard rotation with marchmarch/minmin/madrigalmadrigal - then DD all pop their (useful) 1 hours and go to town.

I suggest practicing the rotation before starting. Make sure party leaders have macroed in the bard invites etc and that everyone can do it really quickly. That helps.

Or with matamata, first time we did it, we messed up the count or whatever and the monks didn't kill it in time. So instead of waiting on hundred fists, we did opposite of usual strategy with magic damage only until it had built up magic resistance and just kicked the crap out of it with all DD
    (1)
    Last edited by Olor; 06-24-2013 at 03:13 PM.
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Quote Originally Posted by BST View Post
    This is a great example on why I dislike this expansion.

They use to rage. Only difference is people were willing to fight them in raged state, die a bunch of times to finish off the last of the mobs HP, however damage went way down, sometimes causing a 20 min NM to turn into a 2-3 hour fight.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zumi; 06-25-2013 at 06:50 AM.

Tax'et, Kurma, Neverik.

Tax'et- Use debuffs and feed tp until it uses 20 exuviations. Stop debuffs have everyone gather but the tank. Use brd rotations for x2 march 4 x min + cor Chaos + hunter. DD use sushi. If everyone has delve or 99 relic/empy then you cant lose if you tried.

Kurma - Step 1: Use t1 nukes to build the damage multiplier after about 4.0 worth off multiplier start to land MB (each nukes is 0.1 and any harden shell tp move is 1.0)

Step 2 : Sam's make back to back light SC which all mages MB thunder/ramuh on. If at any time tortoise song gets used go back to step 1.

Things to note; any nukes that miss the MB is wasted mp that will lead to you losing the run. This is all in the timing, if everyone consistently hits a MB every 30 secs using thundaja or thunder 5 you will win. The nukes will travel upward to 10-15k per person. Do not nuke outside of MB unless its a t1 building the multiplier.

Neverik - Fight at biov #3 have someone bring it in. blu uses absolute terror followed by another which the DD will break the lanterns by then. Use brd rotations and DD must use sushi. 3 blu's with absolute terror make it almost 100% victory. The blu's must set their home point at the MH and sub blm to warp in and out reseting the JA by changing sub job.

Anyone who dies automatically home points and warp's strait back in under 20 secs.

With these key things you cannot lose unless someone deliberately messes up.
    (0)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by raps1355 View Post
    Tax'et, Kurma, Neverik.

Tax'et- Use debuffs and feed tp until it uses 20 exuviations. Stop debuffs have everyone gather but the tank. Use brd rotations for x2 march 4 x min + cor Chaos + hunter. DD use sushi. If everyone has delve or 99 relic/empy then you cant lose if you tried.

Kurma - Step 1: Use t1 nukes to build the damage multiplier after about 4.0 worth off multiplier start to land MB (each nukes is 0.1 and any harden shell tp move is 1.0)

Step 2 : Sam's make back to back light SC which all mages MB thunder/ramuh on. If at any time tortoise song gets used go back to step 1.

Things to note; any nukes that miss the MB is wasted mp that will lead to you losing the run. This is all in the timing, if everyone consistently hits a MB every 30 secs using thundaja or thunder 5 you will win. The nukes will travel upward to 10-15k per person. Do not nuke outside of MB unless its a t1 building the multiplier.

Neverik - Fight at biov #3 have someone bring it in. blu uses absolute terror followed by another which the DD will break the lanterns by then. Use brd rotations and DD must use sushi. 3 blu's with absolute terror make it almost 100% victory. The blu's must set their home point at the MH and sub blm to warp in and out reseting the JA by changing sub job.

Anyone who dies automatically home points and warp's strait back in under 20 secs.

With these key things you cannot lose unless someone deliberately messes up.
    In other words, wildskeeper reives are too frigging hard for content level 7.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Vold View Post
    In other words, wildskeeper reives are too frigging hard for content level 7.
    What have wildskeepers got to do with this?
    (2)

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think 30 minutes would be fair: the same amount of time as the average battlefield or confrontation. Twenty minutes is pushing it, but then again, it's also encouraging strategy for the first time in a long, long time.

I feel that the only reason the 20-minute timer is functional at all is because some people had an unrestricted opportunity to attain the weapons necessary to defeat certain delve NMs in 20 minutes or less.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast