Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Quixote
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

State of the game and direction of the game after Seekers of Adoulin are we shutting?

Lately I feel that the FFXI community is very much ignored in all aspects, what I mean is that most of the time we don't get a smart response from the developing team or they just dance around our questions or feedback.
    In 2012 we had a vision of what was to come and on what they will be working on, this gave the community a vision of progress in the state of the game, mind you that not everything was achieved in 2012 as suspected but that is understandable.

they are using the roadmap in ffxiv why not with ffxi after just releasing a new expansion ?

http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/dow...Roadmap_EN.pdf
    (12)

Player
    Just looking at that roadmap annoys me... New 2-Hours, DRK Fast Cast, Absorb adjustments, Cait Sith, Ranged Delay, Boost, New Merits, New Attachments, Second Meebles Expansion, PaaM, Adventuring Fellow Areas, and everything to do with the UI, I think that's about everything from that list which is still missing over a year late on some of the stuff.
    (24)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 06-22-2013 at 03:48 AM.

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Just looking at that roadmap annoys me... New 2-Hours, DRK Fast Cast, Absorb adjustments, Cait Sith, Ranged Delay, Boost, New Merits, New Attachments, Second Meebles Expansion, PaaM, Adventuring Fellow Areas, and everything to do with the UI, I think that's about everything from that list which is still missing over a year late on some of the stuff.
    1. the Director changed (Tanaka left)
    2. the new Director Matsui apologized last year when he took over that the roadmap cant be done how it is and that the prioritys lies on the new expansion and various adjustments (attack/defense adjustments, enmity adjustments etc.) and further testing.

I am not saying its all good things got delayed, but when someone takes a project over, they usually need time to restructure some things and put the prioritys somehwere else where they are most needed. In that case Matsui has done a very well job by adjusting stuff like Legion, Nyzul Isle etc etc.
    (3)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I have to tell you, As someone who works in the IT industry managing staff, websites, databases, well really basically anything that runs on electricity and anyone that works with it for my company as well as handling numerous projects and finishing them all on time using skills that I taught myself via internet late at night (I used to be a chef...) in my downtime from FFXI (camping Argus, KB etc.), I have a hard time cutting them any slack on this stuff. They should have worked this crap out by now.

I really wish they would reach out to the community for help. I'm almost certain that there are some highly qualified people who would gladly lend a hand to get them on track in this community.
    (19)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    1. the Director changed (Tanaka left)
    2. the new Director Matsui apologized last year when he took over that the roadmap cant be done how it is and that the prioritys lies on the new expansion and various adjustments (attack/defense adjustments, enmity adjustments etc.) and further testing.
    I know, part of my problem is the fact they ignored their previous obligations they made to the players and instead went 100% on the expansion while doing very little before it came out. How long must we wait for year old or two year old things we were told we were getting we still have yet to see? Why have we waited this long in the first place? An expansion? So far as I know that does not reach far enough back to cover all of our missing content, not only that, but many things we are missing should not be to hard to do. DRK version of Fast Cast? That can not be to hard to do... really... I fail to see how, same with Absorb spell adjustments, or our way overdue avatars, and so on. Its not a valid excuse for everything, or much at all to me. Tanaka left, Matsui came in, I understand that's a change, but it does not mean before Tanaka left we could not see some of these things he told us about, Avatars were talked about long before he left, and some of these other things like the UI have been talked about since Matsui stepped in, yet still not here yet, or even on the test server.

I don't know, to me, it seems like they love making promises and then forgetting them. Look at FFVersus, it took forever for us to get an update on that game, many thought it was put down and forgotten, now its FFXV, which is great, I love it, but still, that's how these updates feel. Cait Sith we saw a video of, one many people pointed out could be done by any player who knows how to .dat mod really, why did it take 2 years to get that done? Could they not give us more? In this time should it not be out yet or on the test server already? Its ridiculous.
    (10)

I especially feel bummed out that they have not delivered on their "visions" or even tried to fix classes that are prety crummy right now. New jobs are great, I guess, but why introduce more jobs that generally aren't wanted for content before fixing the ones you have?
    (8)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I especially feel bummed out that they have not delivered on their "visions" or even tried to fix classes that are prety crummy right now. New jobs are great, I guess, but why introduce more jobs that generally aren't wanted for content before fixing the ones you have?
    Voidwatch fixed Paladin a bit, and now Adoulin has made Paladin essential again. Seekers of Adoulin also fixed Bard and Corsair by making them relevant again.

Red Mage, Summoner, and Dancer still need help, but the developers have restored 3 other jobs that had dropped from glory into obscurity since level 75 days.
    (0)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    Voidwatch fixed Paladin a bit, and now Adoulin has made Paladin essential again.
    Adding new content that once again requires an Aegischain is not "fixing Paladin."
    (23)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    For whoever brought up Tanaka, in an interview, Tanaka stated he left only AFTER making the roadmap for the future of FFXI, it just seems like it hasn't been followed to me, but my point is that Tanaka left them the roadmap, left it FOR the current dev team, it wasn't for him, it was so the current dev team knows what to do.

And they ignored it.
    (7)
    Last edited by Kojo; 06-23-2013 at 12:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyyigo-Tipyigo View Post
    Adding new content that once again requires an Aegischain is not "fixing Paladin."
    Not only that but to my understanding people have been killing the NMs and Bosses without PLDs at all anyways, so its use was once again restricted to the beginning of content upon release, and then its use was killed off as soon as people learned how to do without.
    (8)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast