Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Neferflash
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

New Requirement for plasm farming groups to help those who dont have it.

If SE created a requirement that to be able to receive plasm from farming, alliances had to have at least 6 players without a single delve weapon in their account, not only that character, the whole account.

That would force players to pick up those unfortunate that didn't get their delve weapons within the first month and now can't participate in this main feature of Seekers of Adoulin expansion unless they whore themselves into specific jobs nobody wants to play as.

Less elitism, less concentration of power for those who are already OP in the game. At the same time contributing to expand players contact by accepting new players into the fray.
    (3)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I completely agree with this. With the way things are going, the game is going to get less and less popular with the requirements of 18 people of the 5-7 jobs required to do the content. I can't play my favorite jobs anymore so I'm taking a break to see if they make some fixes in the future.

I would like to start logging in, solo some content for plasm for 30-40 minutes without having to wait about 2 hours for a party to get started. I miss campaign sometimes...
    (2)

Player
    And then when everyone has a Delve weapon Plasm can no longer be obtained? This idea... needs more thinking and less pointless action.
    (18)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    And then when everyone has a Delve weapon Plasm can no longer be obtained? This idea... needs more thinking and less pointless action.
    WHM/Healer, BRD, and/or COR dual box mules...

Also that's the counter to the initial idea of bringing "gimp" players.

I like the concept but that's essentially what would happen. Removing the Wildskeeper clear requirement and/or turning the NMs into pop with bead instead of depop are better options that would allow bringing "gimp" players because they themselves could setup the runs.
    (2)

Character
    Uberlee
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I don't have have R/M/E/D weapon, so I can't a dd spot for delve, I have bard and white mage leveled to 99, but I don't have full AF3 gears for white mage, or the Empy harp for bard, and have been turned down everytime I have tried to get in on a group with them, because it is easy to get players that have that. I don't have Corsair leveled, because I don't enjoy playing the job, I don't have a relic or empy shield, so that's a nogo for paladin, and that's about it, I haven't been able to get in on a single delve group yet, call it bad luck or whatever you want, but I am now just burning time in between FFXIV beta runs. I won't even think about resubbing once I can sub FFXIV, part is that is such a better game, but I could sub both if they were both fun, but XI isn't fun now thanks to the players. I got in on a merit party today killing worms in Abyssea, and the whole time some prick was going on and on about how even the ones that were killing worms were leeching because "those scrubs didn't have a delve weapon." The players of this game is the biggest reason I won't be resubbing, and I have a feeling that I am just one of many.
    (8)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    WHM/Healer, BRD, and/or COR dual box mules...

Also that's the counter to the initial idea of bringing "gimp" players.
    My point was that if you had to have 6 people without any Delve weapons at all on the entire account, not simply character, that severely limits things, not only for those joining, but without bringing mules or people who literally will never get one because of that stupid rule you would end up killing off Delve completely once everyone has the weapons. Its a flawed idea, it basically means once everyone has one of these weapons Delve is unable to be done because at that point, you would not be able to fill the 6 non-Delve requirement.
    (1)

This is a bad idea.

A.) What about the alliances killing NMs? They couldn't do that with 6 sorely gimped people.
    B.) Alliances would just start charging for spots. In today's market, it would be at least 500k-1m per spot.
    C.) Noone wants to feel like they're forced to do anything.
    (5)

Character
    Lisotte
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnysValefor View Post
    This is a bad idea.

B.) Alliances would just start charging for spots. In today's market, it would be at least 500k-1m per spot.
    Not disagreeing with your post as a whole, but you can definitely make that gil back from selling airlixirs.
    (0)

I have no problems getting into alliances on my decent yet not fantastic bard. Sorry but, someone has to play the "undesirable" jobs - you know why they are undesirable? Because some gimp DD will b-tch you out for not pulling perfectly or cause they didn't get a status removal immediately, while all they do is stand there, auto attack, use a couple JA and fire off a WS once in awhile... Probably without even using a macro.

(Lots of DD are awesome, don't get me wrong, but for serious, we know these people exist)

So yeah, if I put in my time on BRD or any other "undesirable" job so I can build up enough plasm to get a decent weapon and the good gear peices for my DD - yeah, I do deserve a spot in a party as a dd more than someone who isn't willing to do what it takes to be useful to groups.
    (7)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    My point was that if you had to have 6 people without any Delve weapons at all on the entire account, not simply character, that severely limits things, not only for those joining, but without bringing mules or people who literally will never get one because of that stupid rule you would end up killing off Delve completely once everyone has the weapons. Its a flawed idea, it basically means once everyone has one of these weapons Delve is unable to be done because at that point, you would not be able to fill the 6 non-Delve requirement.
    And my point about mentioning mules with common mule jobs (WHM, SCH, RDM, BRD, COR) was because those jobs don't require Delve weapons to function meaning they could forever be used.
    (0)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast