Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Player
    Honestly for those complaining about getting into a plasm party, you have so many options in front of you but refuse to take up those options.

We didn't do well in delve when it first came out with just AF3 armor. Many of the DDs already had REM. And those who didn't dedicated time doing colonization reives and bought adoulin gear. This is truly something you people are overlooking and instead of learning how to overcome your obstacle of getting invited you are here giving us very poor excuses begging to skip a majority of the things we all had to do before having the privilege to enter higher area content.

Here let me give you a small example of why I've been invited to delve.

I have Gear sets for Enhancing, Enfeebling, Fastcast, Refresh, -pdt, mdef, Gravity, Darkmagic, Aumented sky gear such as Dalmatica+1 with Max HQ stats (Fast Cast+6, Magic Accuracy+6, Occ Quickspellcasting +3%), Blood Cuisses (Evasion+7, Fastcast+4, Magic Evasion+4 still a work in progress however use the 12% walk speed for survival), Hayline hat, All relic AF for RDM upgraded to +2, Hvelgamir EMP for Scholar (that way bards do not need to worry about giving me ballads)

Small survival gears that many overlook such as sand mantle (petrification: Physical damage taken -20%) when Pieste NM petrifies, I switch over to -pdt set incase NM attacks lowering damage so that people don't have to waste 150 mp to raise me or wait several minutes of sitting on the side unable to help members due to weakness.

These gear sets put me over 500+ for enfeebling, enhancing, Relic AF+2 with Chainspell extended to +20 seconds, very useful for CS Stun or Raise when party wipes out. Zammzummin staff and Kaikias Cape for landing Gravity, my fast cast is extremely fast allowing me to Spam enfeebling magic quickly. All skills capped, and even so this is only basic gear that I've collected over the past 6 months returning to FFXI a year ago which the other 6 months well spent leveling, skilling, questing and getting missions done. So to say "YOU CAN'T" is just a poor excuse not to get things done.

Adoulin gear gives high INT / Magic Accuracy on the Orvail set so this helped contribute to landing enfeebles. And you can earn plasms off shards solo when you can't find a party to earn it in delve.

It is the reason why the devs said you have many gear options allowing you the ability to defeat Delve areas within 15 minutes, from gear being available through Salvage, NNI, Limbus, Sky, Meebles and several other areas that if you are struggling to win then something is either wrong with your gear, strategy or party setup that you may have to go back and work on these things. Hence why it is end game content made to give everyone an equal opportunity to overcome the creators design and vision.
    (2)
    Last edited by Daemon; 06-25-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    It is the reason why the devs said you have many gear options allowing you the ability to defeat Delve areas within 15 minutes, from gear being available through Salvage, NNI, Limbus, Sky, Meebles and several other areas that if you are struggling to win then something is either wrong with your gear, strategy or party setup that you may have to go back and work on these things. Hence why it is end game content made to give everyone an equal opportunity to overcome the creators design and vision.
    Remember that news about the group falling ill fighting a boss before SE nerfed it? The same one where SE posted a video of them defeating it and said "there's how you do it the tricks are all in there. " You know like the guys who get rich off the stock markets when they know insider information? These same people where saying how easy it is to get rich off the stock market. Sure it's easy if you created it, have insider knowledge, skills and <<10 MS latency.

It's not easy being perfect nore is it possible to accommodate everyone but creating a situation where the variables are extreme makes for a poor balance. Yes, lets assume that all players are experts with mystic skills of deduction, timing and the digital dice all roll perfectly. To consider this in such a broad perspective is laughable in most cases.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-25-2013 at 12:57 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Remember that news about the group falling ill fighting a boss before SE nerfed it? The same one where SE posted a video of them defeating it and said "there's how you do it" The tricks are all in there. It's not easy being perfect nore is it possible to accommodate everyone but creating a situation where the variables are extreme makes for a poor balance. Yes, lets assume that all players are experts with mystic skills of deduction, timing and the digital dice rolls perfectly. To consider this in such a broad perspective is laughable in most cases.
    But that doesn't change the fact that its possible. And the devs did adjust it to give people more than 15 minutes. Delve has only been out what 1 month? And people already complaining its too hard. Then you have people claiming there is nothing else to do beyond delve. So what is it??

No matter what the devs do people will still complain regardless.

People think Delve is meant to be beaten overnight when clearly "End Game" in every game and not just FFXI is designed for players who are done with everything else and wants a challenge with all the best gears they have acquired, collected and skills they have practiced, strategies they have developed before entering such high end content.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 06-25-2013 at 01:05 AM.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    No matter what the devs do people will still complain regardless.
    This is true. You can't deny the fact that their judgment about difficulty is based on insider knowledge and factors that a huge portion of the population can't mitigate.

It's like this to. If your a sports player at a ball game and drop the ball causing our team to lose multiple times those failures linger no matter what happens. People can usually forgive but they don't normally forget. Listening to the players should be #1 priority. If people don't like something developers should look into ways to improve it.

When SoA came or they throw in unfinished content. It had a completely different approach to what worked 10+ years and made item leveling. It also added yet another set of build me up events that seperated a portion of the player base like delve. There was a SMALL group who decided these new concepts. Because of this they had little or no pre-checks before they where sent to the wild. This is where they made the mistake and why the ball was dropped so hard.

People think Delve is meant to be beaten overnight when clearly "End Game" in every game and not just FFXI is designed for players who are done with everything else and wants a challenge with all the best gears they have acquired, collected and skills they have practiced, strategies they have developed before entering such high end content.
    This would be true if everything was straight forward but it's not there are many more variables that aren't accounted for. These variables create a few stigmas that have negative impacts of the expansions success. If the opinions of the players don't matter then it's failing. They didn't tell or recognize the negatives.

Is it obvious why people will always complain.

Also please keep in mind when you quote me seconds after I post I might correct or alter my comment. Honestly I can proof read my text 100 times and it seems perfect. The next day I read it again and it's broken. LOL
    (2)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-25-2013 at 01:28 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Player
    This is true. You can't deny the fact that their judgment about difficulty is based on insider knowledge and factors that a huge portion of the population can't mitigate.

It's like this to. If your a sports player at a ball game and drop the ball causing our team to lose multiple times those failures linger no matter what happens. People can usually forgive but they don't normally forget. Listening to the players should be #1 priority. If people don't like something they should look into ways to improve it.

When SoA came or they throw in stuff unfinished content with a completely different approach to what worked 10+ years and made item leveling with yet another set of build me up events like delve. There was a SMALL group who decided these new concepts this it had little or no pre-checks before it was sent to the wild.

Also please keep in mind when you quote me seconds after I post I might correct or alter my comment. Honestly I can proof read my text 100 times and it seems perfect. The next day I read it again and it's broken. LOL
    I don't work for SE and I dont have insider knowledge but I can already see that the challenge the devs gave us "Can" be easy if only the entire 18 man alliance was well geared, knows how to listen and work well as a team.

EDIT: This is why you see many posts of players complaining they can't get invites to Delve related events. (If you are not decently geared, then that's your cue to go back and collect those pieces needed to help the rest of the 17 people depending on you to contribute your share to the entire alliance)

There are posts I've read on FFXIAH where even some players have already discussed how certain tactics helped them to accurately accomplish certain things and listed what gears, buffs, party setup, strategy.

It's true that there are plenty of gear options available that allow everyone to have the correct power but how many people are here too focused on wanting the best gears without even barely having the basics down first?

We've already seen many people defeat T5s with no complaints, no issues, so that should be proof enough as it is that it's possible. Until people do it, then complain but usually the ones who are complaining are the ones who haven't.
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 06-25-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't work for SE and I dont have insider knowledge but I can already see that the challenge the devs gave us "Can" be easy if only the entire 18 man alliance was well geared, knows how to listen and work well as a team.
    They assume based on what they know. Like I said it's not streight forward. What's good on paper might work but variables exist that can change all of that. The community itself is a variable. It's because assumptions like this are being overlooked. The player base is divided when you create content that has a premium skill set requirement. Thats where the "It can be easy if you have the right strategy and setup" comes from.

There are posts I've read on FFXIAH where even some players have already discussed how certain tactics helped them to accurately accomplish certain things and listed what gears, buffs, party setup, strategy.

It's true that there are plenty of gear options allowing everyone to have the correct power but how many people are here too focused on wanting the best gears without even barely having the basics down first?
    I think it's more to the point that the new system doesn't motivate a portion of the players and it's goal seems to be more less a ruse till FFXIV is full force. It also seems to be quantity over quality creating time sincs and keep players from blowing through content. They made this ITEM based leveling system to slow progression and obsolete old content on purpose. If they didn't have this players with pre-seekers gear could easily beat the bosses with that gear as an alliance of 18.

When it comes down to it level wise in comparison to the abbysea expansions by the time all players are fully decked capped out level 120 gear out they shouldn't need more then a team of 6 to beat these same bosses. If they do then we know the developers are just blowing steam about how easy the content is. No, as far as I'm concerned the gear progression is set for the top tier only with a full alliance minimum.

We've already seen many people defeat T5s with no complaints, no issues, so that should be proof enough as it is that it's possible. Until people do it, then complain but usually the ones who are complaining are the ones who haven't.
    So, We've seen videos of players soloing gods in skill pre-abbysea and players like pchan low manning arch-lord in dynamius with his (%^&$) group. That doesn't mean "It's easy" for everyone. There are more factors such as finding the players, organizing it, skill, latency and luck. Most or some of those things can be beyond the players control. This is where the developers most overestimate.
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Remember that news about the group falling ill fighting a boss before SE nerfed it? The same one where SE posted a video of them defeating it and said "there's how you do it the tricks are all in there. "
    Quick note: the enemy that people "fell ill" fighting was pandemonium warden. I forget exactly how long they took on it before giving up, but I believe it was somewhere around 18 hours. They had a few members switching in and out during the fight, but even if they had 3 full member swaps during that time, 6 hours is still a long time to be in high-alert mode.

The video SE released was Absolute Virtue. No group had ever come close to killing him legitimately, and if I'm correct, no group has fully locked and killed AV even to this date. The video was released because players had no idea what to do on AV, so the devs threw us a bone and showed them fighting it, doing a few of the tricks.
    (1)

Player
    They assume based on what they know. Like I said it's not streight forward. What's good on paper might work but variables exist that can change all of that. The community itself is a variable. It's because assumptions like this are being overlooked. The player base is divided when you create content that has a premium skill set requirement. Thats where the "It can be easy if you have the right strategy and setup" comes from.
    This is not an assumption. Its fact that people can do it and proof lies within the comments of others "trying" to tell you how it can be done, yet whats being overlooked is that people are ignorant and instead of listening and learning from others trying to explain the quickest available options of how to accomplish your goal, arguments are being made like a broken record.

Plasm parties are not hard to get into. Bosses are not hard to beat once you pass the plasm farming phase and earn a few delve items. Now what makes it hard is that you have certain people only focused on "wanting" the best and not having a decent amount of gear to survive or deal damage or even accurately hit which makes it a problem to those who actually took the time and effort to be well prepared.

It takes several months and to some years to even earn 1 REM, but it only takes 1 day to earn 1 Delve weapon.. And yet people who don't know how to earn any of these items are here expressing how unfair it is that can't do it.

I think it's more to the point that the new system doesn't motivate a portion of the players and it's goal seems to be more less a ruse till FFXIV is full force. It also seems to be quantity over quality creating time sincs and keep players from blowing through content. They made this ITEM based leveling system to slow progression and obsolete old content on purpose. If they didn't have this players with pre-seekers gear could easily beat the bosses with that gear as an alliance of 18.
    Kind of early to be speaking on behalf of the portion of players you are referring to no? Delve has only been out less than 1 month.... It can't be helped whether or not a new system motivates a person to do anything because motivation comes from within. If people were not motivated to do delve, you wouldnt be seeing shouts in town and comments of people saying "Everyone is only doing delve and not any other content such as VW anymore"

Pre-Seekers gear could easily beat the bosses.... That's your problem, What part of "End Game" do people not understand? Bosses are "NOT" meant to be killed easily. And to compare with Delve you really need to go back and look at the level difference. I say "IT CAN BE EASY" even with your statement of Pre-seekers gear, just not the gear you maybe thinking about. Because if its about Pre-Seekers gear, then how can players not succeed with REM/AF2&3/Relic Armor+2/NNI/MEEBLES/SALVAGE/LEGION/EINHERJAR/SKY/VW gear?

EDIT: Pre-Seekers gear is needed for the Plasm farming phase to help you earn Delve Weapons and gear so players can fight higher tier bosses more effectively. So my comment can be misunderstood because my wording was incorrect. And T5 bosses in delve cannot "easily" be defeated with only Pre-seekers gear.

When it comes down to it level wise in comparison to the abbysea expansions by the time all players are fully decked capped out level 120 gear out they shouldn't need more then a team of 6 to beat these same bosses. If they do then we know the developers are just blowing steam about how easy the content is. No, as far as I'm concerned the gear progression is set for the top tier only with a full alliance minimum.
    So every single expansion should be evolved around casual players who don't have time or the lack of motivation, the drive or dedication to put effort into the quality of their characters and have absolutely nothing available for us players who did. And that its best to keep the game having nothing else to do other than for us to sit in town all day? This is the one expansion that gives End game players something to do. I think people need to learn what the meaning of "End Game"
    means because for casual players all other expansions are made for you and this is the one expansion thats not.

You have Salvage, Einherjar, NNI, Meeble Burrows, Voidwatch, Assault, Legion, Sky, Sea, Limbus, Dynamis, Abyssea, WoE, Provedence Watcher, Pandamonium Warden, ZNM, and many other things....

while we are given Delve.

Edit: Having 18 man people for boss fight is nothing new. And plasm parties could do it with less than 18 people however quantity of people allows you to split up and do more than what a lowman party of 6 can do.

So, We've seen videos of players soloing gods in skill pre-abbysea and players like pchan low manning arch-lord in dynamius with his (%^&$) group. That doesn't mean "It's easy" for everyone. There are more factors such as finding the players, organizing it, skill, latency and luck. Most or some of those things can be beyond the players control. This is where the developers most overestimate.
    That doesnt mean the entire game should be made easy for everyone to solo otherwise what more is there to enjoy and accomplish if everything can be beaten without effort?
    (1)
    Last edited by Daemon; 06-25-2013 at 04:52 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    Quick note: the enemy that people "fell ill" fighting was pandemonium warden. I forget exactly how long they took on it before giving up, but I believe it was somewhere around 18 hours. They had a few members switching in and out during the fight, but even if they had 3 full member swaps during that time, 6 hours is still a long time to be in high-alert mode.

The video SE released was Absolute Virtue. No group had ever come close to killing him legitimately, and if I'm correct, no group has fully locked and killed AV even to this date. The video was released because players had no idea what to do on AV, so the devs threw us a bone and showed them fighting it, doing a few of the tricks.
    And because of Delve it will be very interesting how the outcome of these battles will turn out now than before SoA release.
    (0)

Player
    And because of Delve it will be very interesting how the outcome of these battles will turn out now than before SoA release.
    Not really, just like before Delve weapons, we PD zerg them down if we want to. Its how I killed AV for the Atma before, just go in with the normal setup, DD+DD+DD+BRD+COR+SMN in each party, buff up fully, swaps, pop PD, kill. That's for AV. For PW its easier, just need DD+DD+PLD+WHM+BRD+SMN and you can 6 man it, DDs kill off the real PW while the PLD holds the kids, BRD keeps up songs, WHM keeps everyone alive, and SMN uses PD when the final form is about to pop, then you zerg down the last form quickly and walk away happy.
    (3)

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast