Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    The only reason people are still upgrading REMs is because they promised to improve them. Yes there are people who are always going to be motivated to keep playing, but that doesn't mean things haven't slowed down. I'm sure you know as well as any guy selling marrows that for those 2 weeks or whatever after Delve where everyone was going apeshit the sales slowed down quite a bit. It's recovering but we're still in that phase where a huge amount of people are unmotivated because they have no idea if working on something right now is even worth it.

1. Work on a delve weapon and they rebuff REM to be better -> waste of time
    2. Work on REM for a waste of time now, rebuffed REM still don't match up -> waste of time

I rarely ever agree with pchan but I do agree that the expansion has been kinda lukewarm.
    (9)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    SoA has so far left me very confused and unmotivated, simply because I don't know where the game is heading anymore. It feels like nothing's worth doing because of the threat that any accomplishment will be made worthless in an update or two. I always thought I'd be playing FFXI till the servers shut down - now I'm unsure of how much more time I'm willing to invest in this game.
    (24)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    SoA has so far left me very confused and unmotivated, simply because I don't know where the game is heading anymore. It feels like nothing's worth doing because of the threat that any accomplishment will be made worthless in an update or two. I always thought I'd be playing FFXI till the servers shut down - now I'm unsure of how much more time I'm willing to invest in this game.
    Same feel here, I haven't logged on in weeks, and I started losing interest as soon as Delve was implemented for the same reason, there just doesn't seem to be a point to doing much atm, especially for me because the main selling point for me on SoA was RUN, which has gone absolutely nowhere and by the Dev's responces to the physical damage mitigation issues probably never will amount to much of a tank. I don't see much reason to continue playing. I've had field NMs depop at 1% way too many times for them to be any fun, any of the farming runs I join are too busy farming to do anything but refuse to kill the NMs in a fracture. Maybe some of this has changed, as I said, I haven't logged on in weeks.

I would've preferred SoA just be a regular expansion that simply added new gear along the lines of what we had, but with new stats. This new way of doing things is rather backwards and goes against all we've ever known in this game.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    waste of time
    You're... you're....

You're playing an MMORPG. You're not solving world hunger. You're not making lives better. You're playing a game. You're wasting time. That is why you came here. You're here to waste time.

Or am I wrong? Did you come here for some other reason besides filling time you have no better use for?
    (4)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    That can't be the truth of the matter, or most of the people commenting on the subject would be hyperbolic doomcriers who just want something to throw a fit about and will latch on to any argument which places blame on SE or denounces any recent change.

/stare
    I didn't know I had fans.
    (1)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    OMG, ths is so so so true it's one of the main reasons that validate how SoA broke things and how future updates might do the same. Pchan didn't see is that this affects casual players in huge margins when they can't keep up with the REQUAREMENTS to participate. This is because Pchan is a hardcore player with time and resources. The groups dong end game content only want players geared and really skilled (like Pchan) while the others can just throw out any chance of keeping up. It's not the players who are elitist that are the main cause of this. It's the direction to make special leveled gear mandatory to participate.

Pchan is what I would call obsessively HARDCORE and although some of those points are correct its coming from someone who doesn't understand how big a player casual/hardcore gap was created soon after the SoA launch.

You're playing an MMORPG. You're not solving world hunger. You're not making lives better. You're playing a game. You're wasting time. That is why you came here. You're here to waste time.

Or am I wrong? Did you come here for some other reason besides filling time you have no better use for?
    I know this wasn't directed at me but I had to speak up about this. What you're saying is mostly true but there is something missing from the equation. That is the fun/entertainment values of wasting time in an alternate reality. So to put it bluntly I think what he's really saying is this isn't entertaining enough to be worth while.

People play games (waste time) because it's entertaining. If that factor didn't exist in them then people wouldn't play games. They'd be doing something super productive like solving world hunger for fun. Sadly, the direction seems to be more WORK like then actual entertainment to some players. It's also a big turn off because everything isn't laid out and can be obsoleted in a single update.

It's clearly a TRUE waste of time if you can't have fun while wasting time. Also not everyone has the same resources to have fun and concept of whats entertaining to them, everyone is different.
    (5)
    Last edited by Sarick; 06-21-2013 at 08:41 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

I find my currency and plates sell really fast.
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Olor View Post
    I find my currency and plates sell really fast.
    That's because there are -many- players with more money than brains. RMT sells gil 24/7, can't buy intelligence.

But yes, REM updates are reviving things that drop REM materials, but that's mainly attributed to the fact that Delve completely blows in every way possible except the reward system.
    (0)

Player
    Pchan is saying there is nothing worth doing in SoA. 95% of other threads regarding SoA as a whole claim that SoA is the only thing worth doing because old content got curb stomped. So which is it then? SoA is the only thing worth doing, or SoA is not worth doing?
    SOA is the only thing to do, but it doesn't worth it
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I dont know, I like the expansion so far alot, Delve is finally something challenging again for 18 man alliances (doint 5 NMs + Boss). I do agree tough that the lowman aka 6 man part of the game was left lackluster a bit.
    (4)

Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast