Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Something the QQer of the thread did not understand is that it's nearly impossible to play the game without dualboxing. I mean even in abyssea time, it was basically needed to get an empy. Adoulin is even worse because you cannot physically cross a zone solo, let alone defeat a NM solo. Sure you will always find someone explaining you to suck less and get a LS. You can't even find any decent LS doing exclusively delve atm so I doubt anyone would find a LS helping you RME. Once you understand this you can probably keep playing. Other wise your game experience will be harsh.
    there are enough decent LSs out there that do Delve on almost a daily bases with megaboss kill. The real problem is none of those LSs would accept you!

The fundamental problem why some people struggle to do LSs is because the "Me me me" mentality alot of people have.
    (7)

Character
    Babygyrl
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Something the QQer of the thread did not understand is that it's nearly impossible to play the game without dualboxing. I mean even in abyssea time, it was basically needed to get an empy. Adoulin is even worse because you cannot physically cross a zone solo, let alone defeat a NM solo. Sure you will always find someone explaining you to suck less and get a LS. You can't even find any decent LS doing exclusively delve atm so I doubt anyone would find a LS helping you RME. Once you understand this you can probably keep playing. Other wise your game experience will be harsh.
    Isnt the entire point of an MMO to play with other people!? everything should NOT be soloable.. if you cant make friends and need to duelbox instead thats on you..
    (0)
    *BabyGyrl* Ragnarok Server~ 99 THF WHM RDM BLM DRG Husband Doluka <3

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babygyrl View Post
    Isnt the entire point of an MMO to play with other people!? everything should NOT be soloable.. if you cant make friends and need to duelbox instead thats on you..
    Playing with other people doesn't necessarily have to mean 18 other people from the same server for 1 - ? hours uninterrupted. It can mean playing with 3 other people or 5 or just trading goods or cooperating on things like reives or crafting etc.
    (12)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Playing with other people doesn't necessarily have to mean 18 other people from the same server for 1 - ? hours uninterrupted. It can mean playing with 3 other people or 5 or just trading goods or cooperating on things like reives or crafting etc.
    Indeed.

In fact, I think it's safe to say it's up to the player on an individual level to decide how much depth they want their multiplayer experience to have.
    (4)

Player
    Absolute truth. People get way to literal over the initials MMO. Multiplayer means more than 1, multiple. Not 18. Not 36. Just 2.

You can "interact" with whoever you want, millions of people in fact. But being required is just blah. I personally can't find 17 other humans I even tolerate on the planet, let alone in a realm of a couple thousand. I can bite my tongue and play along sure, but it's loosing its charm.
    (6)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This needs to be quoted again for truth. I LOVE the concept of an MMO just because it allows me to play a fantasy game with 3 friends who live hundreds of miles from me. Nothing about "multi-player" suggests that should always mean large group requirements.

The only thing I see in the update that sounds small-group friendly is changes to Revies, which were only fun for about a week to begin with I can't convince anyone to remain on XI when our only option in new content is bug patrol.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    The only thing I see in the update that sounds small-group friendly is changes to Revies
    Missions, Quests, Mog Gardens, Coalition assignments, new areas to explore, Monstrosity, Skirmish, and lastly yes, Reives. I saw quite a few things in there myself. In the end, still not what matters most, broken things are still broken, Delve is still to many people with no announced low-man version, they said they are working on it, but no release. Which to me means its coming to late to matter to anyone interested probably because FFXIV, or simply people not willing to wait on the game to be worth playing anymore.
    (1)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I think one thing SE's failing to realize here, is how the game changed after they raised the level cap. Back at 75 cap, very few things could be lowmanned. Then abyssea was released along with the level cap being lifted, and once we learned the ins and outs of abyssea, we also learned that lowmanning was the way to go for efficiency. Along with abyssea, there were also being made changes to older events, which allowed us to lowman or even solo those aswell. All this contributed to the death of the typical large endgame linkshells as we knew them.

Then SE gave us Legion, which was not possible to lowman. And we all know how successful that event turned out to be. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Legion myself and was lucky enough to be a part of a group of players which were highly successful at the event. But overall there weren't that many linkshells across servers that were able to do Legion successfully. In addition to requiring a larger number of participants, it was also a reasonably difficult event, in the sense that it required cooperation, players needed to focus, and they needed adequate gear (for example stun sets). This would be the reason why Legion shout groups failed, at least in my opinion.

And now they've added Delve, another 18-man event (talking about the boss fights incase someone wants to argue how certain nms can be lowmanned). And again we're seeing the same thing as with Legion - few linkshells are successful.

The player base has also been dwindling, making it even harder to find competent players to do non-lowmannable events with.

Those who know me, will probably call me hardcore, and those who think they know me will probably call me elitist. Actually, some of those who know me will probably call me elitist too. But believe me or not, I'm not liking this at all - "this" being how Adoulin and Delve seem to create an even bigger gap between the haves and the have-nots in this game.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    All this contributed to the death of the typical large endgame linkshells as we knew them.
    Good riddance.

There are people who like being in such linkshells, and people who are in such linkshells because they must. Adding more content that didn't require marshaling such large groups let us see who fell into what category. It turns out that hardly anybody actually liked such set-ups.
    (4)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Not disagreeing with you at all. What I meant to point out was by going from large endgame type linkshells (including linkshells for specific events only, like dynamis/Einherjar/Limbus) to linkshells consisting of way fewer members because nothing really required more than 6 people tops, didn't exactly help Legion becoming a more popular event. But you could still get by just fine without doing Legion, there were plenty of other activities to choose from.

And now there's Delve, which also requires more people. And if you miss the boat now, it'll only become increasingly difficult to catch up and worst case scenario you'll find yourself left further and further behind - at least that's what I predict when I read the posts regarding future updates.
    (4)
    Last edited by Tamoa; 06-28-2013 at 01:47 AM. Reason: spelling
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast